Reccomend me some bands.

PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend me some bands.

soul_power
01-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I always find myself listening to the same bands on my mp3 player despite the 5k songs i have on there. Can someone reccomend me some music. I listen to stuff like rhcp, audioslave, wolfmother, mars volta, at the drive-in, chevelle, zeppelin, u get the idea.

CousticStrangla
01-09-2007, 11:49 PM
If you like Zeppelin and RHCP, check out Jane's Addiction. Some of their stuff may take a few listens, but you'll soon realize a band that was way way ahead of their time and just too brilliant to last anyway.

Buckethead if you like crazy guitar work....

soul_power
01-09-2007, 11:56 PM
If you like Zeppelin and RHCP, check out Jane's Addiction. Some of their stuff may take a few listens, but you'll soon realize a band that was way way ahead of their time and just too brilliant to last anyway.

Buckethead if you like crazy guitar work....
Yeah i have all of janes addictions cd's on my mp3, i j/ need to listen to em.

TexasShuffle222
01-10-2007, 12:03 AM
you might like some sublime, sabbath or white stripes

my best suggestion is to go to last.fm (http://) , there you can type any artist and they'll give you at least 50 simmaler artists, its amazing

Dr._Rock
01-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Ween
Melvins
King Crimson
Comets on Fire
Kyuss
Mammatus
Isis
Praxis
Minutemen
The Jesus Lizard
Boris
Primus
NoMeansNo
Witch
The Pop Group
Mr. Bungle
Mastodon
Pere Ubu

*palm*`*muted*
01-15-2007, 01:26 AM
helmet
third eye blind
deftones
fear factory (get "slave labor")
sparta
thrice

TheLastTrueJedi
01-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah i have all of janes addictions cd's on my mp3, i j/ need to listen to em.

Janes Addiction as well as Zepplin are great for straight rock n roll, for jazz I would recommend John Coltrane or JFJO, for jam rock I would suggest Phil Lesh and Friends or Steve Kimock.