AGGGH Too many metalheads!!!

PDA

View Full Version : AGGGH Too many metalheads!!!

Blompcube
01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Right... heres the situation. I'm at college studying sound engineering so as you can guess there are lots of musicians about. Trouble is my band needs a drummer (well and a bassist if the current bass player wants to move up to guitar which is his main instrument). Even bigger problem: The college is full of Death metallers, and the band is more Rock/Blues than anything as current members including myself don't dislike metal, i actually quite like it, but it's not for me. Is there a way to convince any Metal fans to join? Like throw in the odd metallica or pantera track to the setlist? this is really bugging me, because where i live it seems like it's metal or nothing.

also a note: I have nothing against Metalists. There's just too many.

NotAJock2Day
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Just ask them and see what happens, you're making a lot of assumptions.

philipisabeast
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
a true metaller will be open to anyform of music as it allows them to increase their musical appreciation.
go find someone whose comfortable enough with being a mettaller to play in a blues/rock band
theyll be some

Hate Vein
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey Blompcube,

there's nothing to do you can't never change a real metal head he's always going to stay metal.

You're chance are to give more range to you're band...

or find a drummer who have education (music school) he wouldnt mind paying rock since he already did it at his drum lessons...

Note: I don't there not alot of metalheads that because you're on UG and go to a college and take sound engineering wich the're alot of young guys sneezing adrenaline.

Bye

Blompcube
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Note: I don't there not alot of metalheads that because you're on UG and go to a college and take sound engineering wich the're alot of young guys sneezing adrenaline.

actually maybe that means i'm around where they go, but they aren't the only ones.. and what's wrong with rock for "sneezing" adrenaline?

GiantRaven
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
there's nothing to do you can't never change a real metal head he's always going to stay metal.

:haha

No

Threadstarter, just ask a few people. They might look like Metalheads but some probably like plenty of other music as well

Anthony5555
01-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Just because they are a metalhead doesn't mean they won't want to play other types of music. I consider myself a huge metalhead but I play in my school's jazz band and love it. I also play acoustic guitar in a folk rock band.

Ascendancy5
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Just because they are a metalhead doesn't mean they won't want to play other types of music. I consider myself a huge metalhead but I play in my school's jazz band and love it. I also play acoustic guitar in a folk rock band.
Yes, I mostly play metal but my influence as playing metal comes a lot from blues, rock, country, and even some classical.

Worhan
01-11-2007, 05:49 AM
As long you don't play hip hop or Britney Spears covers, i think most of the metalers wwill have nothing against classic rock etc.

revan1013
01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Classic rock is the basis for metal man, it's where it all came from. They can appreciate some Zep for instance... I hope.

ark
01-12-2007, 08:12 AM
metalheads like other genres too, they just choose to dress and play the part,

i bet most metal heads love stuff like led zeppelin, the beatles, and god knows who else, just meet some people and talk music, youll find someone......you wouldnt want to force or trick a member to join your band anyway, they'll catch on, or theyll hate it, and there will be drama!!

talentsix
01-12-2007, 12:11 PM
We transformed a metal head into a punk rocker for my band. Anything is possible bro!