my bandmates are lazy

PDA

View Full Version : my bandmates are lazy

Oasis-fanatic
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
ok i just need some advice on this.

basically......my bands mate are too damn lazy to learn any more stuff than we already know (which is about 1 song xD) i can easily get places for us to play at but even my other 2 bands are lazy f*cks xD. i cant find any serious musicians that will play plenty of genres not just classical. and people who i know would be serious i just dont get on with and we cant work together as musicians xD

advice please xD

Haha, Crackhead
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
If you're a serious musician, you can get along with some of the other serious musicians. I promise you if you start a band with some of them, you guys will find commonground and possibly become close. Ditch all the others. They're wasting your time.

SonOfOsiris
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
My band are all serious musicians, when I joined about a year ago I knew hardly anything, now theyve taught me all they know and I get on fine with them! Its much much easier, and Ive become far more better on the guitar and my vocals have improved

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
kill them

JunkheadJunkie
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
From the way you describe this, I'm guessing you have only a small amount of experience with 'being in a band', but correct me if I'm wrong. It really helps to develop some sort of 'communication plan'. I remember when I first starting play with other people, I felt the same you. I realized that it takes a certain amount of initiative to get things going (learning and playing together), and it really helps if you can learn to reason with your bandmembers. Though, there are always the people who truly don't make an effort to participate and it's best for you to leave them (slowly...moving...towards...the door...)

I don't know if it helped at all, just something to think about.

Oasis-fanatic
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
i dont have much band experience but you dont know how hard it is to motivate these guys xD, anyway thanks for your advice

tommo619
01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I felt like that too, all my old band used to do was play Halo 2 on Xbox Live, but i just quit and made a new band with some serious musicians

greendayguitar
01-12-2007, 04:25 PM
That was why i quit my olb band.

My band now isn't serious personality wise, we're always goofing off a such, but when it comes down to playing music, we're as concentrated as can be. Like, we're not serious to the point there's no fun in playing music, but we're not unfocused to the point we don't want to play music. It's a great blend.

But I suggest to you, to ditch all the people that aren't serious. If there is a serious musician in all the bands besides you, get all of the serious ones, quit all your bands, and start a new band with the dedicated guys. If there isn't, either join the band with the guys your don't like, or wait and see if the other guys come around.

spazzymagee417
01-12-2007, 04:25 PM
not many serious musicians are on UG. they tend to talk about masturbation and buttsecks more than music.

METSOAD
01-13-2007, 03:18 PM
not many serious musicians are on UG. they tend to talk about masturbation and buttsecks more than music.

dont forget noobZ

metalcorehero
01-14-2007, 08:54 AM
i had the smae problem with one my guitarists.
he is the best guitarist i could find. i would ring him and the day prac was he wouldnt show up. he changed.

now my drummer has a job so is harder to prac. we have songs and gear down.. just without drums....

so yea.

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
i willl join ur band my bandmates r lazy toooo im the only one that practices every single day

spiritinthesky9
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
wow this seems to be a real problem. i have finaly found a couple guys who are willing to be serious. me and my brother who plays drums have been looking for a band for almost a year and a half. everyband we've joined we've joined together. in the first one i had to play bass and it was a metal band that wound up falling apart and we all mutualy quit. then a friend of mine needed another guitarist and a dummer so we gave that a shot but all they did was play ps2 and eat everything in my fridge so i quit, (now that kid is in an emo band and is really anoying) and just 2 months ago i got offerd a show but i had no band so i asked an old friend of mine to play bass for us and that has seemed to work. we already have 10 songs and 3 of which are originals, now we are looking for a serious keyboard player to give more depth and a different feel to the music. i guess you just have to wait untill the right opportunity comes and wait for the right people to come along.

Corpse_Defier
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
rip their limbs off and shove em down their throat, theyll be shitting blood for a week

Corpse_Defier
01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
if they live that is

metallica_death
01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
i get what you mean i was kinda in the same shoes, when i have practised with bands we nail one song and just individually play which sucks, another case is "ah cant be bothered to go to band practise today" and i left the band and found new musicians who gave a f*ck, i suggest you do the same

self-made_page
01-15-2007, 01:35 AM
The rest of my band works too much.

Blompcube
01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
kill them
yeah. i will do that to the next band that wastes my time and enthusiasm. i've been invited into so many lazy bands i'm nearly sick of the idea.