G3 concert

PDA

View Full Version : G3 concert

stuckin79x
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
yeah me and and a friend were talking about who would be a good person to play with vai ant satraini i mean we had a list

paul gilbert
john 5
vinnie moore
micheal anthony baito
herman li (friends idea)
eddie van h

anybody have any other ideas of who would be good on it?

henza_x
01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
yngwie malmsteen again..
that was funny

2112swartz
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
eddie van halen wont cause he doesnt have any solo material, neither does herman li. although it would awesome if they did :headbang: it would be awesome if they got paul gilbert in there.

stuckin79x
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
yeah that was pretty cool when he came on that was my favirote concert rockin in the free world was insane especially the vai solo and i stand corrected gilbert i guess was a special guest with them

Alucard II
01-11-2007, 01:04 AM
one of the people they were talking to was Billy Gibbons, and i personally think that would rock. G3 has a blues feel to a lot of the stuff, and they've covered ZZ Top on more than one ocassion, so i say bring on Billy F!

Tom S.
01-11-2007, 05:02 AM
"micheal anthony baito"

LOL.

bluespunkmetal
01-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Pg

Evil_Empire24-7
01-11-2007, 10:28 AM
his name is michael angelo not anthony dude !!!

ParanoiaMusic
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
yngwie malmsteen again..
that was funny

Wingnut Valvestem? He's boring. I saw G3 last time they rolled through KC with ole wingnut in the mix and the only cool thing he contributed was when he slowed down enough to be audible on Little Wing. And that was pretty kick ass too, all three of them lined up on that one.

PooKoo
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Do you think you're witty?

Yespleasevicar
01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I wud love to see Buckethead do his thing with them. Mattias and Ron Thal have expressed interest also. But the most obvious best choice is Paul Gilbert or Andy Timmons

tard on tour
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
i'd love to see chris broderick

TinTin8
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
MAB ... LMAO ... no chance
YMJ ... no chance so neo classical crap
Herman Li ... heh ... get a guy who can actually shred (i love him, but he cant shred clean & is always drunk)
Alexi ... not G3 type
Johnson - Great, but someone new would be better

John 5 ... would be awsome, his solo stuff is great
Paul Gilbert - speak for itself
Marty Freidman - Very good w/ melodys
Buckethead - Very good, but i dont think he has the G3 feel, hes more dark

ParanoiaMusic
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Do you think you're witty?

No...do you?

flyingVai
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Steve Morse, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, or Ron Thal.

Righteous
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see Vai, Satch, Gilbert or Timmons, personally.

PooKoo
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
No...do you?

No, but I don't think you're funny, and I kind of feel that you're a little bitch with an ego problem and the mental [and physical] age of 13?

priest.fan.
01-11-2007, 10:29 PM
guthrieeeeeee

ParanoiaMusic
01-11-2007, 10:55 PM
No, but I don't think you're funny, and I kind of feel that you're a little bitch with an ego problem and the mental [and physical] age of 13?

That phrase was going around when I was a teenager. We all thought it was funny. But then, people think sinbad's funny too...so I guess it's all relative after all.

But what's even funnier, is that I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to be an asshole. Try to keep up little one. I grew up listening to him and I've never cared for his overrated speed tactic. Although a couple of albums were still pretty damn good as I remember.

So anyway...your feelings are ****ed i'd say...I just have opinions, and you know what they say about opinions right? Mine are no different...

priest.fan.
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
That phrase was going around when I was a teenager. We all thought it was funny. But then, people think sinbad's funny too...so I guess it's all relative after all.

But what's even funnier, is that I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to be an asshole. Try to keep up little one. I grew up listening to him and I've never cared for his overrated speed tactic. Although a couple of albums were still pretty damn good as I remember.

So anyway...your feelings are ****ed i'd say...I just have opinions, and you know what they say about opinions right? Mine are no different...

well, deliberately "being an asshole" kind of says something itself about your character -_- plus your use of "try to keep up little one", it makes you seem like an arrogant derogatory prick. Also, "overrated speech tactic" doesn't really make sense, do you even know what the word tactic means???

and finally, he wasn't addressing your opinion, its just that you just made fun of a very successful musicians accent in an immature fashion, making you seem like you had the relative wit/intelligence of a doorknob :o

ParanoiaMusic
01-12-2007, 12:39 AM
well, deliberately "being an asshole" kind of says something itself about your character -_- plus your use of "try to keep up little one", it makes you seem like an arrogant derogatory prick. Also, "overrated speech tactic" doesn't really make sense, do you even know what the word tactic means???

and finally, he wasn't addressing your opinion, its just that you just made fun of a very successful musicians accent in an immature fashion, making you seem like you had the relative wit/intelligence of a doorknob :o

"Try to keep up little one" was arrogant and derogatory on purpose. He deserves it for being a prick. All I did was state an opinion about an overrated popular guitarist. Not that he sucks, but overrated. If your skin is so thin you can't take that, then I have to question your sanity.

And where did you get "overrated speech tactic"...it's overrated speed tactic...

Here's the definition of tactic for you...try using it in a sentence and you'll be more apt to remember it

tac·tic /'tækt?k/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tak-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. tactics (def. 1).
2. a system or a detail of tactics.
3. a plan, procedure, or expedient for promoting a desired end or result.
–adjective 4. of or pertaining to arrangement or order; tactical.

And I addressed said talented musician in the honor I've addressed him for 20 ****ing years and will continue to address him for another 20 ****ing years...wingnut valvestem...it's even funnier now that I see how you all take yourselves so seriously...what a shame...I'll bet you cry when you hear Carlos Mencia...

bluespunkmetal
01-12-2007, 05:44 AM
^Whos Mencia ??

ParanoiaMusic
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
^Whos Mencia ??

His show is called Mind of Mencia. It's on comedy central. He makes fun of all races equally - stereotypes everyone and it's funny as hell. He has all colors and stripes in his audience. The school of thought is that what offends you is your problem. Personally, I think it's a long time coming. It's a libertarian perspective that liberals and conservatives would never understand since they're so busy trying to control everyone and perpetuate the PC police so we never "offend" anyone.

Check out his show...you'll never be the same

Doodleface
01-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Ron Thal and Steve Morse

they both deserve it.

and oddly enough they are both in bands that are completly beneath them right now.

Morse in Deep Purple is a joke, he can beat the pants off Blackmore anyday.

Thal in GnR is not as funny, but it is still completly beneath him. listen to his 9.11 and see what i mean.

and to whoever said EVH doesnt have any solo material so he wouldnt do it.
when they asked Petrucci to join he didnt have solo stuff either.

PooKoo
01-13-2007, 12:56 AM
I cry when I hear mencia because he's NOT FUNNY.

How about that?

ParanoiaMusic
01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I cry when I hear mencia because he's NOT FUNNY.

How about that?

I knew it...

Prophet of Page
01-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Morse in Deep Purple is a joke, he can beat the pants off Blackmore anyday.

As goes tone, improv and phrasing, I think Blackmore is infinitely superior. Deep Purple is probably the worst thing he's ever done. Rainbow and Blackmore's Night ftw.

TheUltimateSin
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Rainbow and Blackmore's Night ftw.

QFT

Rainbow work >³ Deep Purple work

lobster624
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
if dimebag(S.I.P.) was still alive i would see that over anyone else

PooKoo
01-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Because dimebag has interesting and complex solo peices..

Sorry, I love him, but I just had to.

Satriani_is_God
01-19-2007, 07:21 AM
The greatest G3 ever would be Satch, Vai and Gilbert!

PooKoo
01-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Govan, Gilbert, Friedman.

Lemoninfluence
01-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Michael Romeo maybe?

PG says himself he doesnt like to be compared to Satch and Vai. but that said, I do think it'd be a great show.

sock_demon
01-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Paul fo' sho' or Jason ( if he could still play )

SuburbanCowboy
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Anyway, for G3 I'd love to see:

Jeff Beck
Marty Friedman
Adrian Legg (He did one already... bring him back PLEASE)
David Gilmour
Derek Trucks
Dick Dale
Steve Howe
Robin Trower
Eddie Hazel
Pat Metheny
Johnny Winter
Joe Walsh
Robert Randolph
Alex Lifeson
Steve Hackett
Martin Barre
Tom Morello (Just to see him get his freak on. The guy CAN shred)
Brian May

Yeah, I know that most of these guys arent shredders, but all of them are great players. And I think they need to mix it up by throwing in a slower, yet melodic, act inbetween Satch and Vai.

HammerForce
01-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Govan, Gilbert, Friedman.
+1000000

eviledge87
01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Gilbert, Friedman, Buckethead,

that would be an amazing show, with a lot of diversity in musical styles

flyingVai
01-19-2007, 08:56 PM
After buying Songs For Sanity, I think John 5 would be a good choice.

Defaulted
01-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Morello, Eddie Van Halen and Buckethead :headbang:

PooKoo
01-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I wonder if Govan ever would do G3?

bluespunkmetal
01-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Somebody said Dick Dale up there.......... What ? Are you nuts ??

Anyway, howabout

Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Govan........ that would give Joe and Steve a run for their money !

PooKoo
01-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Dick Dale's great!

SuburbanCowboy
01-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Somebody said Dick Dale up there.......... What ? Are you nuts ??

Anyway, howabout

Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Govan........ that would give Joe and Steve a run for their money !

Yeah, I said Dick Dale. The man is great. He's not just "that guy who did the pulp fiction song". He's got a great catalog of music, some of which are early hints of shred.

And why the hell was half my post deleted, Res?!?!

Stratwizard
01-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Govan ever would do G3?

I don't know. Quite frankly, G3 is not up to Guthrie's standards.

Resiliance
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM

None of your posts were altered in any way. Please look around before you start accusing people.

ParanoiaMusic
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
None of your posts were altered in any way. Please look around before you start accusing people.

Actually half of his post on the previous page was deleted. I know, because I responded to it and then Pooey Koo or whatever his or her ****ing name is starting crying about it and the admin removed it all. To be expected since none of it had shit to do with the thread really. Just me trying to defend myself against the mellodrama brought on by the teen population here on UG.

So, there's no looking around to be done. It was there. Now it's not. Accusation valid.

Resiliance
01-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Actually half of his post on the previous page was deleted. I know, because I responded to it and then Pooey Koo or whatever his or her ****ing name is starting crying about it and the admin removed it all. To be expected since none of it had shit to do with the thread really. Just me trying to defend myself against the mellodrama brought on by the teen population here on UG.

So, there's no looking around to be done. It was there. Now it's not. Accusation valid.

As a mod, I can see deleted posts, and only a few others (like yours) were deleted. None of his... Unless they were hard-deleted, which I highly doubt, as this forum is much too lowly for the upper chief admins to visit, also I couldn't see why any mod would delete them so that fellow mods can't see them (nevermind), as that's exactly the reason the soft deletion is here.

ParanoiaMusic
01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
As a mod, I can see deleted posts, and only a few others (like yours) were deleted. None of his... Unless they were hard-deleted, which I highly doubt, as this forum is much too lowly for the upper chief admins to visit, also I couldn't see why any mod would delete them so that fellow mods can't see them (nevermind), as that's exactly the reason the soft deletion is here.

Hmmm..that's weird. They must have been. Because he typed out a small paragraph railing against me on something, I don't remember, and I responded to it. Oh, well.

Resiliance
01-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Hmmm..that's weird. They must have been. Because he typed out a small paragraph railing against me on something, I don't remember, and I responded to it. Oh, well.

Hmm...

*X-files theme*

In any case, if they were hard-deleted... There probably was a very valid reason for it.

SuburbanCowboy
01-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Big Brother is watching me :(

xblack_sabbathx
01-24-2007, 05:09 AM
when i saw g3 petrucci was with them...he was great. i dont think it would be good to see herman li because anyone with half a brain should know he isnt good live =) on the same note im not sure if i'd like to see john 5 in there, he is a good guitarist but i dont think hes g3 material. malmsteen would like to see him with them again and think paul gilbert would do a great job. also another guitarist i would love to see with them is Gary Moore, he dont play shred but he has been known to play pretty fast stuff

xxdarrenxx
01-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Never would Gilbert or other guys mentioned be asked.

They Are not G3 types. Vai and Satriani have this big thing ging, so does Yngwie and Eric Johnson and petrucci. If they woud do a G3 in Japan, then likely marty or gilbert would be chosen.

You need people with huge ego's (Vai, malmsteen) or guys with a big commercial fanbase(Petrucci) or oldskool guys with a trustable fanbase (Johnson, Satriani).

Gilbert and Marty have a Commercial fanbase, but only in japan.

I think Someone as Steve Lukather would do, if he had Pure solo work, but the fact that he is known as "the guy that plays for toto" kills it.

SurfinWithSatch
01-24-2007, 08:31 AM
If he were still alive I would say SRV, but hes dead........

So in that case I would like to see Johnny A do a G3.....i'll bet half of you havent heard of him but he was the support act for Satch here in UK on tour, and he was frickin awesome, Vai has signed him to his label aswell, and his songs are amazing.....proper blues/jazz stuff, with more of an edge to it than E.Johnson.
I reckon he'd work well with Vai and Satch because he can give the blues edge, Satch with his strange melodic awesome tone, and Vai coz well he's Vai and he's just feckin crazy :p: if you havent heard of Johnny A just check out some of his vid's on YouTube.
I don't think they will ever have Malmsteen back because apparently when they were touring he was too egotistical (are we suprised?) also you can see on the Live In Denver DVD that Satch and Vai are feeding off each other and Malmsteen just dissapears and starts throwing his guitar around. Which quite frankly isn't impressive.

Jaffaps2
01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
You need people with huge ego's (Vai, malmsteen) or guys with a big commercial fanbase(Petrucci) or oldskool guys with a trustable fanbase (Johnson, Satriani).

What sort of guys would you say Gilbert and Friedman are outside of Japan?

Resiliance
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
And why do you make such bold asinine statements about Vai and Malmsteen's supposed ego?

Jaffaps2
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Vai seems to come across as an eccentric...as does Gilbert, rather than having a big ego.

Malmsteen on the other hand, could possibly be the nicest guy on the planet in the comfort of his own home, from the donut and the fury incidents...he does look like a jerk.

flamencogod
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Never would Gilbert or other guys mentioned be asked.

They Are not G3 types. Vai and Satriani have this big thing ging, so does Yngwie and Eric Johnson and petrucci. If they woud do a G3 in Japan, then likely marty or gilbert would be chosen.

I think Someone as Steve Lukather would do, if he had Pure solo work, but the fact that he is known as "the guy that plays for toto" kills it.
I'm really sure both gilbert and marty would sell out shows here in europe too... Your post doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Resiliance
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Vai seems to come across as an eccentric...as does Gilbert, rather than having a big ego.

Malmsteen on the other hand, could possibly be the nicest guy on the planet in the comfort of his own home, from the donut and the fury incidents...he does look like a jerk.

And he admits that... Those incidents were 20 years ago! He admits to being a jackass because he needed to get attention from record labels etc and that he's realized that a long time ago that he was being a ****.

bluespunkmetal
01-25-2007, 01:02 AM
So who do you propose, Resi ??

Satriani_is_God
01-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Finaly there WILL be a G3 with Satriani, Gilbert and Petrucci :D

PooKoo
01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I said Dick Dale. The man is great. He's not just "that guy who did the pulp fiction song". He's got a great catalog of music, some of which are early hints of shred.

Ya, I got into him from you in fact, great stuff.

SuburbanCowboy
01-25-2007, 12:01 PM
^^ That reminds me... Where's my Speed Metal Symphony? :haha

xxdarrenxx
01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
i don't mean ego in a negativ way,I mean more like strong personality's, big entertainers, know exactly what they want. They've got a kind of attitude people like to watch myself included

metalfan
01-25-2007, 04:42 PM
finally!!

JOE SATRIANI To Team Up With JOHN PETRUCCI, PAUL GILBERT For G3 Tour - Jan. 25, 2007
The 2007 incarnation of Joe Satriani's popular G3 tour will kick off on March 14 in Phoenix starring Satriani, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. The tour will play selected dates in North America throughout March and April. The starting tour itinerary follows with more dates to be announced shortly.

The 2007 tour marks the fifth North American G3 run and the twelfth G3 tour worldwide since its inception. The first G3 tour, featuring Satriani, Eric Johnson and Steve Vai, played to sold-out crowds throughout October and November, 1996 and was followed by successful treks in Europe, South America, Japan and Australia. The most recent North American G3 tour, in 2003, showcased Satriani, Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen and was documented in the platinum DVD "G3 Live in Denver". Other platinum DVD's include the 1996 run and the 2005 Japanese tour with Vai and Petrucci.

Joe Satriani has been a worldwide guitar hero since his 1986 breakthrough album, "Surfing With The Alien". Over 10-million albums and CD's later, in addition to 13 Grammy nominations including this year for his latest studio release "Super Colossal", Joe continues to push the envelope of modern rock guitar playing. In October 2006, Satriani released "Satriani Live!", as both a double audio CD and double DVD package. In addition to breathtaking, nine-camera footage of Satriani and his band tearing it up for more than two hours at their Anaheim stop during this year's "Super Colossal" tour, "Satriani Live!" captures them backstage and onstage on the last stop of that trek, with comments from fellow guitar legend Eric Johnson, candid moments with members of Joe's band and crew, and one amazing surprise unleashed by the audience that night in San Francisco.

Joe's G3 cohorts, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert, are each recognized as brilliant players — both as soloists and within the bands they are known by. John is the founding member and lead guitarist for DREAM THEATER, recording eight albums with the band, including their sophomore effort, 1992's "Images and Words". The album proved to be a breakthrough commercial success as the song "Pull Me Under" became a surprise hit on both MTV and rock radio. John is also involved in several side projects including LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT with Tony Levin, AGE OF IMPACT and even a Sega Saturn game called Necronomicon. In 2005, John was involved in three releases. A solo album, "Suspended Animation", "Octavarium" with DREAM THEATER and he was included on the G3 "Live in Tokyo" CD and DVD.

Paul first became known for his work with RACER X and went on to platinum success with MR. BIG who topped the pop charts in 1992 with the ballad "To Be with You". MR. BIG disbanded in 1996, and a year later Gilbert made his solo debut with "King of Clubs"; "Flying Dog" followed in 1998, trailed by "Beehive Live" in 1999, "Alligator Farm" in fall 2000 and "Get Out Of My Yard" in August 2006.

A recent poll of the Top 100 Greatest Rock Guitarists ranked Satriani at #7, Petrucci at #11 and Gilbert at #14.

Satriani stated simply, "I can't wait to hit the stage with John and Paul, they are two of the scariest, most amazing players I've ever heard!"

Continuing with the same successful formula as in years past, fans will be treated to individual sets by each guitarist with their own bands before joining Satriani and his band on stage for an all-star jam session. As with previous G3 tours, special guest guitarists will be invited to join the jam at select dates around the country. Past guests have included Neal Schon, Gary Hoey, George Lynch, Billy Gibbons, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robert Fripp and Brian May.

dreg691
01-25-2007, 05:37 PM
G3 with Gilbert will be awesome!

Rich
-----
http://www.Guitar-Channel.com

Freepower
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey, Paranoia music, give up now with the assholery.

While your original "PooKoo is an arse" post was in fact, entirely justified by his ludicrously out of control yngwie-love-syndrome, there really is a time whenever one has to say "Oh, wait, my precious opinion is no better than yours, and hence i must equally respect your yngwie love if i want my opinion respected in return".

For the record, i still think you're a shit. :p:

Oh, and yeh, erm, G3, whatever.

Guthrie, Greg Howe and Gilbert, thaswhat i say.

ParanoiaMusic
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
^^So now you want to drag that shit up again?

Well, feel free to continue on without me...I'd rather smoke a bowl and listen to some Monty Montgomery...

EZLN libertad
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
so im really new to g3, whats the deal with their concerts, i saw the list on satchs site, are they only playing that many in the US?

Freepower
01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
^^So now you want to drag that shit up again?

Well, feel free to continue on without me...I'd rather smoke a bowl and listen to some Monty Montgomery...

Hey cool, you edited as i checked by how much i had dragged it up by. I just figured you were being annoying enough i had to mention that you actually both acted like twats, but that you seem to be the greater overall asshole, and that that kind of stuff is frowned upon.

Post this explanation, i will leave you to "smoke a bowl" and part ways peacefully, to the music of this "Monty" you speak of.

ParanoiaMusic
01-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey cool, you edited as i checked by how much i had dragged it up by. I just figured you were being annoying enough i had to mention that you actually both acted like twats, but that you seem to be the greater overall asshole, and that that kind of stuff is frowned upon.

Post this explanation, i will leave you to "smoke a bowl" and part ways peacefully, to the music of this "Monty" you speak of.

No, I think you've definitely won the greater overall asshole position as at least PooKoo and I had a reason to argue...you're dragging up shit that happened last week, that had nothing to do with your little life, and I don't even know who the **** you are . How rude.

Now, I know I said I wouldn't say anything, but the stench comin' off that bullshit post of yours was just too much to take...

EZLN libertad
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
quit yer babbling and someone answer my question

Lemoninfluence
01-26-2007, 06:34 AM
G3 consists of satch and two other guitarists. they play a collection of their own solo material and then do some jams where they each take turns to improv.

I dont see them doing huge tours cos, to be honest, the only people who really appreciate them are musicians, guitarists in particular.

ParanoiaMusic
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
I dont see them doing huge tours cos, to be honest, the only people who really appreciate them are musicians, guitarists in particular.

True, but have you considered how many guitarists there are now? There are guitar stores everywhere - not just two or three - but a dozen or more here in my town. Huge outlet stores like Musician's Friend and Guitar Central - these are huge stores. It takes a lot of guitarists to support businesses like that.

Guitarists are a dime a dozen. We're not special. We're not unique or rare...rather we're obvious, prolific and quite common. Kinda sucks actually...hehe.

Anyway, I can see some fairly huge tours. Haven't they had pretty big tours in the past? I know the Uptown Theatre was packed and sold out when they came here.

EZLN libertad
01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah ,im just wondering if they'll be adding more tour dates?

Freepower
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
No, I think you've definitely won the greater overall asshole position as at least PooKoo and I had a reason to argue...you're dragging up shit that happened last week, that had nothing to do with your little life, and I don't even know who the **** you are . How rude.

Now, I know I said I wouldn't say anything, but the stench comin' off that bullshit post of yours was just too much to take...

Hey, if you're offended by it, it's your problem. Gotta hate that PC bullshit.

And good guitarists, or ones who listen to the intrumental music they'll be touring with, are definately not a dime a dozen.

ParanoiaMusic
01-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey, if you're offended by it, it's your problem. Gotta hate that PC bullshit.

No offense taken. I would have to respect you for that to happen. I was redirecting the overall asshole title to the one who's done the most to earn it...that would be you. If that offends you, that's your problem...

And yes, guitarists are a dime a dozen. Just like singers. George Lynch is a commercial glam star - yet enjoys this instrumental, musical atmosphere. That's not uncommon. Many guitarists listen to multiple genres and enjoy musicianship - even if what they play or apparent interests don't suggest it. You may be right that only good ones do, but I think even the wannabes are into G3.

Freepower
01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I didn't say only the good ones would like G3 - rather that good guitarists aren't a dime a dozen. Nor, i believe, are those into instrumental music - sure, a lot will think "ooh, nice playing", but they then go back to whatever they listen to day to day.

Yes guitarists in general are a dime a dozen, but not those interested in G3. I'd say perhaps 1 in 20 of the guitarists i know would know what G3 was, let alone be interested in going. Perhaps your hometown is some sort of mad guitar center, but it ain't nothing like that over here.

Satch_Boogie
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Tour dates in UK, near Leicester. NOW!

SuburbanCowboy
01-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Freepower and Paranoia can go back and forth all day.... but I write one paragraph and it gets deleted? Alright...

ParanoiaMusic
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Freepower and Paranoia can go back and forth all day.... but I write one paragraph and it gets deleted? Alright...

That's hardly fair isn't it? I think PooKoo got ours deleted. I guess the mod hasn't been back since then or has given up...can't blame them either way I guess..

lit1219
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
eddie van halen wont cause he doesnt have any solo material, neither does herman li. although it would awesome if they did :headbang: it would be awesome if they got paul gilbert in there.

Paul Gilbert is in this year, but Vai isnt.

Resiliance
01-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, unless you want each and every single one of your posts deleted in this thread I suggest all of you stop this ridiculous crap. Hell, might even throw in a few warnings if I feel like it.

TinTin8
01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
satch
gilbert
petrucci

awsome

although im disapointed ... satch & vai shoudl also be togetehr on g3
i think petrucci should go ... hes my fav guitarist, but hes not as lively as vai ... & g3 needs the llive, free expression vibe ...

PooKoo
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
That's hardly fair isn't it? I think PooKoo got ours deleted. I guess the mod hasn't been back since then or has given up...can't blame them either way I guess..

Grow up, that's all i was saying originally, and you caught me on a bad day. To be honest, I'm sorry.
My first post WAS harsh and unnecessary, so I apologize to you, I should have stated my opinion in a better way so that you would in turn take the hint, however i just fed into you, and I'm sorry.

So there, happy? It's all good man, there's no need to draw this way out of proportion, so just go away until you learn to be the bigger man in the situation.
And this whole post is not in any way meant to be sarcastic or ironic or bitter or anything like that, I'm serious.

ParanoiaMusic
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Go away? Bigger man? This whole thing was dead until Freepower dug it back up again. It was never out of proportion, it was over. Quit being so dramatic about everything...

PooKoo
01-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I apologized to you.

Freepower
01-27-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm going to quickly leave this before Resi makes good on his promise.

We've all been twats. :(

PooKoo
01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Ya. Sorry.

EZLN libertad
01-27-2007, 01:39 PM
ill re-ask

WILL THERE BE MORE TOUR DATES?

Amart
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
On Joe's website, it says that the ticket presale starts at 10:00. Does anyone know what time zone this is?

Magero
02-20-2007, 04:51 AM
It will be PST. I think.

And the line up of Vai, Satch and Petrucci was ****ing sweet. I reckon
Satch
John 5
Petrucci

Would just be orgasmic.

Erich yeung
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
We got fifth row balcony seats in quebec, not bad :). My friend skipped school and waited on the site until he could click it. And then clicked it immediatley after it started, and we still got those seats, hatheir in the front section of balcony though :). But yea i think alot of the floor seats will be taken over by platinum tickets.

Erich yeung
02-22-2007, 12:40 AM
His show is called Mind of Mencia. It's on comedy central. He makes fun of all races equally - stereotypes everyone and it's funny as hell. He has all colors and stripes in his audience. The school of thought is that what offends you is your problem. Personally, I think it's a long time coming. It's a libertarian perspective that liberals and conservatives would never understand since they're so busy trying to control everyone and perpetuate the PC police so we never "offend" anyone.

Check out his show...you'll never be the same

You lame ass, Joe rogan owned the shit out of that prick!

edit: oopsy dbl post :p:

Phreaky
02-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Any idea if they might come to Europe? I want to see Gilberto :(

bluespunkmetal
02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
............ it's time for.............

GUESS EL GILBERTO'S SETLIST !!!!!!!!!!

My guess:
1. Scarified (.........yes with Bruce B. hopefully)
2. Down To Mexico
3. Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy
4. GET OUT OF MY YARD

ParanoiaMusic
02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
You lame ass, Joe rogan owned the shit out of that prick!

edit: oopsy dbl post :p:

Oh, you're talking about this?

On February 10, 2007 Rogan was confronted by Carlos Mencia on stage at the Comedy Store on Sunset. According to Rogan's account, he had just finished his act and introduced the next performer, Kirk Fox, as a comedian who opens for "Carlos Men-steal-ia."[8] Mencia took offense and walked on the stage. Rogan then accused him of stealing jokes and falsely portraying himself as a Mexican American. The argument was backed by numerous different comedians including Ari Shaffir. The Comedy Store later cancelled Joe Rogan's shows. Several versions of the video can be found, including one on Rogan's website, where it is available to watch or download.[8]

Joe Rogan is currently banned from the Comedy Store.[9] Furthermore, as of February 15, Joe dropped his agent and publicity firm, which also represents Carlos Mencia.[10]

So Joe got banned for being a chickenshit crybaby and you think he owned Mencia? What a dumbass...

Anyway, none of it makes a flying **** since my point was most people in this world are pussies and pawn their insecurities on everyone else and call it political correctness...Joe Rogan would agree, I'm sure...

Erich yeung
02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
^um actually, Joe got banned cause the owner's sons are dipshits, and they are slowly taking over the club. The owner likes Joe, since Joe is like a comedy store regular, and has been doing his shows there a long time. Yea watch that video, and you see mencia on stage with no one laughing. Then at the start mencia makes up this bullshit story about Joe pacing back and forth, when the video shows joe walking around and talking to other comedians about what a hack mencia is. Mencia, is shown watching ujoe's set, and hes constantly on either side of the audience. Close enough to pacing back and forth for me. Joe only got banned cause the two idiot sons of the owner think that mencia is better for business cause he has his own show. He is not funny, He yells a bunch of racial terms, and expects laughs? Yea from the average idiot and redneck southerner perhaps. Seriously, mencia gets owned in that video, watch it. You clearly just googled what happened and know nothing about the matter. Like Joe says in the video, Mencia talks about nothing, he has no point.

ParanoiaMusic
02-22-2007, 06:45 PM
^^That's probably true, I'll watch the video when I get home and can access it. I don't even watch his show because it's not that funny. I like his stand up. I like Joe's stand up. I like to laugh. I don't need all this baggage and ego getting in the way of comedy. They can fight all they want, and I could care less who "owns" who...

My point was, and still is, that's PC is bullshit. It's ok to make fun of gay people. It's ok to make fun of short people. It's ok to make fun of fat people. It's ok to make fun of race, religion, sex, family, culture...blah blah blah

Like Southpark creators Trey and Matt have said...it's either all ok or none of it is ok...you can't cherry pick who is ok to make fun of, or what is ok to stereotype or else you open the idiot's nest of censorship and strangle individuality.

This country is free, made up of individuals, each with their own unique thought and gifts - our country is great because our forefathers new it would be better to embrace individuality, free thinking, rather than stifle perceived offensive thought.

Remember, at one time the south was "offended" about freeing the slaves...

Erich yeung
02-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Yea the southpark guys are great, i just hate mencia, :p:

ParanoiaMusic
02-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh my god I watched that video last night and my heart sank into my stomach...Mencia you ****ing rip off...

Yeah, you guys have him nailed alright. I can't believe he steals material like that. I'm sure he has his own jokes, but damn, they proved him a thief over and over again...Joe definitely handed his ass to him...

That sucks too, because I like Mencia's message. That's the whole point in mentioning him in the first place. But, honestly, Joe seems to have the same basic attitude. I saw a video of him telling some black jokes, and he used the dreaded "N" word in telling them. I think that speaks for itself. Words don't hurt, its the intent that matters. If you're trying to be a hateful bigot, then it's racist (obviously), but when you're poking fun for laughs, it's just ****ing funny.

I don't think I can watch Mencia ever again...this is why I don't want know about this shit, I just want a good laugh...

Resiliance
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Shut the fuck up, you bloody morons. Talk about the topic at hand, or don't talk at all.

Or do, but get warned. Up to you.

Stratwizard
02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, well back on topic... I remember someone saying that Steve can't get along with Paul and that's the reason why he isn't on G3 this year, but I think this pretty much destroys that argument: There were quite a few cool guitar players on the stage through the night and the show was topped off with a well-performed jam with the likes of The Breed, Matt Roberts from Three Doors Down, Herman Li from Dragonforce, Joe Satch, Andy Timmons, and Paul Gilbert. It actually came off surprisingly well. The kicker for me was Paul. His new record "Get Out Of My Yard" is a spellbinding masterpiece of extreme guitar work, really.

ParanoiaMusic
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know. I can see how artists could have a respect for one another's talent and contribution but still not get along personally. Maybe it's all BS, but I would certainly believe Steve Vai to have that kind of class.

ParanoiaMusic
02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah Resiliance...we were having a just fine conversation in a dead fucking thread, before you nerded out with that pathetic power play post....So suck my cock and taste your girlfriend's ass...

bye now....

try your geeky forum power trip on some teenie weenies that are impressed by it...fucking loser....

Resiliance
02-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Oh yeah Resiliance...we were having a just fine conversation in a dead fucking thread, before you nerded out with that pathetic power play post....So suck my cock and taste your girlfriend's ass...

bye now....

try your geeky forum power trip on some teenie weenies that are impressed by it...fucking loser....

:o Grow up.

Bann3dz0rz.

flyingVai
03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I just bought tickets!!!! :D

Hidde
03-18-2007, 11:54 PM
I'll see 'em in Boston.

For anyone whose seen it: how is Gilbert on slower jams? I hope it'snot like when Malmsteen destroyed little wing in Denver,

flyingVai
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Listen to the Racer X song "Waiting" Paul can play pretty good slow stuff, and I'm shure a lot of his Mr. Big stuff is slow too.

And to anyone who has gone, what songs have these guys been playing?

Resiliance
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll see 'em in Boston.

For anyone whose seen it: how is Gilbert on slower jams? I hope it'snot like when Malmsteen destroyed little wing in Denver,

Search Gilbert Fly Me To The Moon on youtube. Heck, search Gilbert Hendrix on youtube.

His "slow" playing is far better than his "fast" playing still, imo.

hamacker
03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I can't go, but Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra came to my town last night :) . Shit I wish they would have more shows in the South. :(

thefoldarsoldar
03-22-2007, 01:46 AM
If there is one guitarist I'd like to see more than any other it'd be Marty Friedman. Not only does he have several solo albums of material to choose from, the songs have such a melodic variety which would make for a awesome setlist (Scenes sounds nothing like Loudspeaker.)

The Virtuoso
03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
If there is one guitarist I'd like to see more than any other it'd be Marty Friedman. Not only does he have several solo albums of material to choose from, the songs have such a melodic variety which would make for a awesome setlist (Scenes sounds nothing like Loudspeaker.)

QFT! I'm awaiting that day.

flyingVai
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Out of all the guitarists who haven't done one yet, Marty is the most deserving.