Who do you blame

PDA

View Full Version : Who do you blame

dufault
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
What the hell happened. I switched from my rock station today because it was out and listened to a regular non classic rock station. All the songs suck. Granted, not all of them suck as much as others but there definetly no passion or thought going into them. Seems like they are just thrown together. I personally love a good sounding riff or a great solo like many of you Im guessing. So what the hell do you think happened. Did people just stop liking the sound of good guitar in songs, was it the diversion into metal or disco that ruined rock forever. Other ideas? How do with bring it back!

CobenBlack
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
well, around the same time there was a huge backlash against glam rock, and things like hair metal, and eventually it kind of dragged down classic rock with it. it's still kind of there though. the answer are a new classic rock band, and there are others hovering about, im trying to make a modern classic rock band, if that makes ne sense, and tons of people i know are, so basically, we might not see it or hear about it much.....but its there. it'll be back, everything has its popular phases.

Discouraged
01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I blame MTV.

achiles03
01-11-2007, 12:29 PM
its the money. bands can make so much more than they used to. Today the pop stuff just doesn't have to be good because they'll still make a killin.

The_Crowing_IV
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
It was more than likely around the time where the subgenres started unfolding and classick rock was getting the cold shoulder. I think bands like Wolfmother are definately going to revive the classic rock sound that started this all. But hopefully, it'll be back before too long.

SomeEvilDude
01-11-2007, 12:46 PM
What the hell happened. I switched from my rock station today because it was out and listened to a regular non classic rock station. All the songs suck. Granted, not all of them suck as much as others but there definetly no passion or thought going into them. Seems like they are just thrown together. I personally love a good sounding riff or a great solo like many of you Im guessing. So what the hell do you think happened. Did people just stop liking the sound of good guitar in songs, was it the diversion into metal or disco that ruined rock forever. Other ideas? How do with bring it back!

What the hell happened? Music evolved and people changed.

Sadly, some elitist pricks remain, and that would be where you fall in. There is good music around today, and there was good music around before 'classic rock'. Get out of your bubble - and if you're not willing to do that, shut up.

And hell, I hope nobody 'brings classic rock back'. Hell, I love it as much as the next guy on this forum, but music needs to move forward, not repeat itself.

TheUltimateSin
01-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Who do I blame? Idiots like yourself for not being able to accept change.

Lost_Rose
01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
What the hell happened? Music evolved and people changed.

Sadly, some elitist pricks remain, and that would be where you fall in. There is good music around today, and there was good music around before 'classic rock'. Get out of your bubble - and if you're not willing to do that, shut up.

And hell, I hope nobody 'brings classic rock back'. Hell, I love it as much as the next guy on this forum, but music needs to move forward, not repeat itself.

Word!!

Music is always evolving and as long as people are listening to certain kinds of music then that music will continualy be made.

People have to relise that other people have different tastes than their own! If everyone had the same taste then the music industry would be crap

Guitar0player
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Who do I blame? Idiots like yourself for not being able to accept change.

Dude,please take it easy,OK?

Well,I suppose that their is really almost no one to blame.

This is my theory:

Blues > Rock > Hard Rock > Heavy Metal and so on.

Inbetween were created some sub genres that are known to us today.

Strat_Monkey
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
well, around the same time there was a huge backlash against glam rock, and things like hair metal, and eventually it kind of dragged down classic rock with it. it's still kind of there though. the answer are a new classic rock band, and there are others hovering about, im trying to make a modern classic rock band, if that makes ne sense, and tons of people i know are, so basically, we might not see it or hear about it much.....but its there. it'll be back, everything has its popular phases.

What would be good about classic rock coming back? Stuff dies for a reason, and you can do the bands you love so much more credit by learning from them and moving on than you can ever do by copying from them and staying where you are.

TheUltimateSin
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Dude,please take it easy,OK?

Why? This is a really stupid question. You can't "blame" anyone or anything for music changing. It just does, because change is inevitable. You simply can't avoid it. Being a narrow-minded prick about it won't make Classic Rock come back. That's an impossibility. It simply can not come back. The time period is over.

Lost_Rose
01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Whoa you do need to calm down a bit. Altho I agree with you totally there aint no need to insult people over it!

SomeEvilDude
01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Incidentally, this topic is not only stupid and pointless, but has been done to death.

Threadstarter: use the search button for similar queries if you're interested in reading pages of arguments on this subject.

*reported*

Nobody else post.