Does 80's Rock Blow Away Today's Rock

PDA

View Full Version : Does 80's Rock Blow Away Today's Rock

Rhoads2000
01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
80's Hair Metal Blow's away any rock today!! Back Then People had talent, could sing (not scream) ,and there style was way better than "emo" or whatever today is?!? The Talent Lies With Them...The Real Rockers Not The PPle Today Who Scream And Bang their Guitar and call it "Music"

Long Live Dokken, Kiss, Ozzy, Randy Rhoads,Yngwie,Quiet Riot,Twisted Sister, Ratt, Scorpions, Europe, Etc...

R.I.P Randy Rhoads P.S. (I Only Mean It Blows Away Rap,Emo/Gothic,Pop.Death Metal)

punk_mike_88
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I disagree, there are many great rock bands with talent out there today, like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tool, Incubus, Coheed And Cambria, the list goes on. But the music of the 80's was awesome, even though I prefer alot of the 70's stuff more.

FLrhcpEA
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
uhhh dude u gotta look a little earlier then the 80's for good music (other than the chili peppers and guns n roses, and some fusion bands like weather report) try the 60's and 70's

evening_crow
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah, sure...there was talent, but i personally don't think that 80's bands had better singers than today. i actually think today's singers are way better as well as their looks. even emos look better than men with blonde puffy hair 10 stories high and blue eye shadow and flamboyant lipstick.

of course, this is just personal opinion.

Justice_Fish
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
80's Hair Metal Blow's away any rock today!! Back Then People had talent, could sing (not scream) ,and there style was way better than "emo" or whatever today is?!? The Talent Lies With Them...The Real Rockers Not The PPle Today Who Scream And Bang their Guitar and call it "Music"

Long Live Dokken, Kiss, Ozzy, Randy Rhoads,Yngwie,Quiet Riot,Twisted Sister, Ratt, Scorpions, Europe, Etc...

R.I.P Randy Rhoads

You've got the greatest tastes :eek: :D

Rock on!!

Rhoads2000
01-11-2007, 06:49 PM
yeah, sure...there was talent, but i personally don't think that 80's bands had better singers than today. i actually think today's singers are way better as well as their looks. even emos look better than men with blonde puffy hair 10 stories high and blue eye shadow and flamboyant lipstick.

of course, this is just personal opinion.
Big Hair is Cool And I Don't Think n e 1 today can sing better than Don Dokken!!!!!!!

Scorzerci
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I think there is almost just as much good music being made nowadays than there was then, but nowadays, no good music is coming to the mainstream.

Resiliance
01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Sure there is, only the bad music doesn't get remembered.

Oh, and Bambi wins.

Scorzerci
01-11-2007, 06:57 PM
OMFG new avatar for like the first time in what 3-4 years?

Resiliance
01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
OMFG new avatar for like the first time in what 3-4 years?

Well, you see... I have become a speck of dust in the winds of the powers that be.

flyingVai
01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
The 60's and 70's were filled with artistic and creative geniuses who wrote great songs, but the climax of the insturment was the 80's. Look at all the great axeman of that day:

George Lynch
Warren Dimartini
Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Ron Jarzombek
Shawn Lane
Frank Gambale
Brett Garsed
Tony Macalpine
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Greg Howe
Richie Kotzen
Vinnie Moore
Buckethead
Michael Angelo Batio
Nuno Bettencourt
Andy Laroque
Paul Gilbert
Ty Tabor
Alex Skolnick
John Petrucci
Dave Mustaine
Dimebag Darrell (On the circuit in the 80's)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Randy Rhodes / Jake E. Lee / Zakk Wylde (Rhodes was on the circuit a bit prior to '80)
Eric Johnson (He did very little before 1980)
EVH (A lil' before the 80's too, but a prominent 80's icon)

Then the 90's hit, and it basically hit a brick wall. 80's >

psychodelia
01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
You and bgc both have Bambi... something is afoot

Rhoads2000
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Yep Great Artist's Especially George Lynch!!!!

PooKoo
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
disagree with your statement entirely ,and no vs threads, reported.