Got kicked out....

PDA

View Full Version : Got kicked out....

JagStang5246
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
As the title says, I was kicked out of my band (with my friend/drummer). My friend was kicked out because he didn't have a kit yet, but he'll have one in about two- three weeks. What was B.S. was that I got kicked out because.....I missed three practices. What kind of bullshit is that?!?! I missed them due to family issues. The former bandmates had made rules that if you miss three practices you get kicked out. I didn't agree to this. Yet, I came to school last tuesday and found out I had been fired. I just don't know what I should do about this situation. So I came here to see what your guys opinions are.

severed-metal
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM
find a new band maybe?

Zuka
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, if your "bandleader" kicks you for family issues then he isn't worth even talking to.

cokeisbetter
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Meh. If you can't come to practices, you really shouldn't be in a band.

samerika
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
How can you be in a band with someone like that ?

super666fender
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
man our bassist doesnt come half of the bad practices but hes been with us for quite a while now.

JagStang5246
01-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I didn't mean to miss the practices. We had been a band for year and a half. Should I just cut off contact with them?

Spazz128735
01-11-2007, 09:12 PM
how about you figure it out for yourself? what are we going to tell you? we don't know even half of what's going on. your self sufficiency pwnt!

I've wanted to kick our bassist out for a long time because he doesn't come to practices. He can't come to half of them anyways because he's at his dad's, and then on the weeks he could come, he seems to have something to do, girlfriends, movies, whatever. The point is, if you aren't coming to practices, it doesn't matter what the reason is. If you were to not go to school for a semester, but had the best excuse in the world, do you think they are just going to give you credit for it? You aren't learning anything by not being there, and you aren't practicing if you aren't at practice, no matter what the reason.

mw7
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
if your drummer was also kicked out, just start a band with him.

Dutch_Apples
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I can understand why they kicked out the "drummer." I would do the same thing. However I don't understand why you would hire someone who doesn't own the instrument they are supposed to play. How are they supposed to practice.

I think it's also important that we realize we don't know what "family issues" mean. If a family member passed away, they did the wrong thing by kicking you out. However if "family issues" means that you got grounded by your parents.. then I would have given you the boot also.

I wouldn't cut contact with them completely. You never know when they might need you, and when if they do need you.. you have some clout to demand more things. For instance in August, I got kicked out of my band for legitimate wrong reasons... and I was the band leader! After that.. the band broke up a month later because they figured they couldn't get any shows without me (The singer admitted this).. I promised myself after that that if any of them asked me to join a band with them again.. I would automatically double my money asking price and creative control. ... I had 30% creative control of the band I was in with them. If I got in another band with any of them that would go up to 50% plus a minimum $100 a gig for myself.

Made Of Metal
01-11-2007, 09:32 PM
if they kicked you out, they are jealous of your skillz. cut off their heads with a machete.

Anorexorcists
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
beat the shit outa everyone. jk. Good Luck?

Blockythebass
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
hmmmm the drummer i can understand, but missing 3 practices and getting kicked out is pretty stupid. We have a gutairist who's missed alot of practices, for birthday parties. (he's lucky he's so flipp'n good, lol)... But back on the serious note, he's a good friend of mine and we always make up missed practices. I would try to reason with them, maybe they'll lighten up

pinktuxdude
01-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Umm ur drummer I cn understand, its like not having a guitar and being the guitarist, thats just stupid.
As for missing three practices, well um people get fed up with it, and you ahvent giiven specifics for "family reasons". did you tell ur mates why you couldnt come? cuz if oyu didnt they have every right.

ar73m
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Really depends on how good you were, too. If they figured they have someone who can easily replace you, and you didn't stick to practice schedule, meh.

deathmetalboy
01-13-2007, 01:56 PM
i guess if u are a good musician i would have let u stay in the band if i were ur band leader or watever. but if u aint that good he also has a point

right
01-16-2007, 08:50 AM
What is a band without a drummer? Start a new band with your friend when he gets his drums.

WhereArtEsteban
01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
As the title says, I was kicked out of my band (with my friend/drummer). My friend was kicked out because he didn't have a kit yet, but he'll have one in about two- three weeks. What was B.S. was that I got kicked out because.....I missed three practices. What kind of bullshit is that?!?! I missed them due to family issues. The former bandmates had made rules that if you miss three practices you get kicked out. I didn't agree to this. Yet, I came to school last tuesday and found out I had been fired. I just don't know what I should do about this situation. So I came here to see what your guys opinions are.
If they kick out a member everytime they miss 3 practices, they're going to run out of musicians!!!

Hell every bandmember in my band has missed at leat 5...and we only have 3 guys!

muSico
01-17-2007, 02:43 AM
oO my friend got kicked out of a gay band because he was a beginner and used a second hand guitar...he's in my band now and we're pwnz0rs

mishra
01-17-2007, 03:14 AM
thats the problem with having a "band leader," they get more say than everyone else. i say start a new band or join another one.

JagStang5246
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I've decided to start a band with my drummer friend. Thnaks everybody.