Started my first band already trouble....

PDA

View Full Version : Started my first band already trouble....

pinktuxdude
01-13-2007, 12:03 AM
ughh I and my friend just started a band called The Trust Game, and we got a singer, whos pretty good, exccept hes got sum problems. fur one, he keeps wanting to change the band name, which me and my friend love our current one. Two, he has no musical knowledge, like of notes, or how to play a instrument. He knows like every band in the world though and he knows at least one of their songs.

Also we are having some problems some times to set up practices, so I need sum tips from sum of the vets of the music world.

Zuka
01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
The Trust Game? Wow, I love the name.

Don't change the name, buy an agenda, throw a trumpet at your vocalist.

freebyrd32
01-13-2007, 12:16 AM
i personally dont like the name but my band doesnt have a name yet so its better than what i got
get your singer to learn piano or something general that can help him with his musical skills

greendayguitar
01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Get the vocalist to learn guitar or piano or something that could benefit to your music eventually, and go from there.

Also, to set up practices, figure out one day a week or so, and make it ont hat day every week. If you can't make it, you need a damn good excuse.

Neogioh
01-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Or just have him take vocal lessons/choir.

pinktuxdude
01-13-2007, 12:29 AM
umm he hates the bands where, the lead singer plays an instrument, hes more of a Taking back sunday, throw around the mic singer. and I cant fire him since hes one of my friends.

GiantRaven
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
umm he hates the bands where, the lead singer plays an instrument, hes more of a Taking back sunday, throw around the mic singer. and I cant fire him since hes one of my friends.
Oh please

You shouldn't have someone in your band just cause they're your friend

ThePurpleRabbit
01-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Word Raven..

I like your name.. And as said earlier.. Throw a trumpet on him.

Metal_Rich
01-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Oh please

You shouldn't have someone in your band just cause they're your friend

+1

In the same way, just because they are your friend, doesn't mean you can't fire them.

Sid McCall
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I say you're lucky that he has no musical knowledge. As long as he understand that what you do isn't easy, that's all you need. If he knows how to paly stuff, he'll be constantly arguing with you about your parts and trying to change a lot of stuff, which just gets stressful. Besides, the words non-guitarists use to describe guitar techniques are hilarious.

WayToSuck
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah I wouldn't say having a singer that doesnt play an instrument is a bad thing. My band happens to be a 5 piece. (singer, 2 guitarists, bass player, drummer) I say you're better off with two good guitarists than one good one and a singer that can half-ass it any day.