Songs ideas

PDA

View Full Version : Songs ideas

arondadi
01-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Ok, I finally got couple of my friends to jam with me and we're doing it next week/weekend, but we need some easy songs to play. Some heavy metal or trash metal songs that aren't to hard but fun to play.
I play lead guitar and me friends rythm guitar and drums(dosen't have a double bassdrum). We're looking for a bassist and mabey a singer.
Any ideas?

thebassdude
01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
try astro zombies by the misfits easy song and sounds cool
thats my bands only song we can play....

cman138
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Iron Maiden songs

greendayguitar
01-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Deffinately some Green Day, they're the closet thing to metal you'll ever get.

Or, y'know, something you all like and want to learn and would have fun playing.

Do Re Mi
01-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I agree with greendayguitar. Their songs are easy, fast, and generally fun to play. Not really thrash or anything, more like punk, but trust me, Green Day is a good choice. You could even make it a little more metal by speeding it up and making the vocals and distortions heavier.

Just a suggestion, do what you guys like and have fun with it man.

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 12:42 AM
nice lol sounds kinda like my band, where u guys from and i say u shuld try either sum old school metallica or try smells like teen spirit by nirvana.

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 12:45 AM
and greenday is bad do not play greenday it is punk and annoying no one will like it. trust me people will probably like to see something a lil wilder and the chicks will dig it.

Corpse_Defier
01-14-2007, 12:50 AM
play postmortem by slayer, or mandatory suicide

greendayguitar
01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree with greendayguitar. Their songs are easy, fast, and generally fun to play. Not really thrash or anything, more like punk, but trust me, Green Day is a good choice. You could even make it a little more metal by speeding it up and making the vocals and distortions heavier.

Just a suggestion, do what you guys like and have fun with it man.

lol, you thought I seriously suggested Green Day?

Just get your bandmates together, brainstorm a bunch of songs you all like, and pick a couple to cover and go from there. Or just start writing your own stuff.

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
yea greenday is definetly a big nono

Do Re Mi
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Um...

Music isn't about "chicks digging it" first of all. And second, good luck learning a slayer song within a week. AND, Smells Like Teen Spirit is so overplayed and more annoying than anything. Never play that song at a talent show. Ever.

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
^uhhhh ur the one that suggested greenday or agreed with it anyway haha. greenday is way more annoying than anything.