had my first gig

PDA

View Full Version : had my first gig

noxios
01-13-2007, 05:56 PM
well it went great, I wasn't nervous, I played some faults but only the lead gitarist heard it, and a guy from the jury asked for a demo from our band. we only could practise for about one day because I replace the bassist of the group, now they asked me to do the bass for their group but I play mainly guitar, should I do it?? whe I met them for the first time it was like I knew them for an half a year or something we had a realy good vibe. would you go in the band if you are in my place??

Dutch_Apples
01-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't let them force you to play bass, only do it if you want to and have the funds to buy the additional equipment. I would still practice guitar as well. I think it's good to be a well-developed musician as in playing other instruments.. but don't put it to the point where you switch too often. I had a friend that I played with for about 6 years. He started off on drums, then went to guitar, then went to bass, then to drums, then back to guitar, then... well you get the idea. The problem was each time he switched an instrument.. he would sell his old equipment and buy new gear. He would only play those instruments again if someone let him play theirs at practice. Last time I heard him play about a year ago, he was still mediocre on all of the instruments.

That being said, I have noticed many more people place ads looking for bass players than they do for guitarists.

noxios
01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm in the band, still gonna play guitar

pinktuxdude
01-13-2007, 09:07 PM
That being said, I have noticed many more people place ads looking for bass players than they do for guitarists.

Heck yes! no one plays the bass, cuz they dont think its "cool". therefore everyone friggin plays the guitar or drums! Gosh i wish someone played bass that I knew.... Its so friggin hard to find bass players.... :(

talentsix
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Heck yes! no one plays the bass, cuz they dont think its "cool". therefore everyone friggin plays the guitar or drums! Gosh i wish someone played bass that I knew.... Its so friggin hard to find bass players.... :(

I play bass and know so many people that play bass, but there are no drummers near me!

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 12:14 AM
i have some questions since me and my friends have had our band for almost a month now. first of all how long have u guys been a band and r u highschoolers? and how did u get ur gig?

deathmetalboy
01-14-2007, 12:16 AM
and btw i wouldnt play bass... cos u just cant do as much as u can on guitar and guitar sounds better. go with guitar ;)

GiantRaven
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
and btw i wouldnt play bass... cos u just cant do as much as u can on guitar and guitar sounds better. go with guitar ;)
Pfft

Bass sounds way better than Guitar

Guitar players tend to have an over screachy tone that hurts the **** out of my ears

Nightmare_xxx
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm a bassist and I can't find a band :(

Doodleface
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
i went from bass to guitar. i do not regret making the change.

once im older, have a good fixed income (after im done university in like 7 years..) i will definitly go back to bass. i find it lots of fun to hold the groove down and lock in with the drummer. one of the best feeling ever.