Keyboard led Rock Trio

PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard led Rock Trio

alaub1491
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Recently i broke up with my band because my guitarist and drummer didn't agree on a genre to play. In the old band I had played bass but i am much more proficent at keyboard. I am now starting a new band with the drummer and a different more talented bassist and i was wondering wether or not i could lead the band with a keyboard playing as the guitar. I set the keyboard up on a clean guitar setting and ran a distortion pedal through it and it sounds exactly like a guitar. I am also the singer. with this arrangement do you think there is a shot at having a well rounded and good band?

astrocreep71
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
sure

Archetype00
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
maybe, but why not just play guitar? can you not play and sing? plus, playing chords just wont have the same effect, and soloing will be even harder, how would you bend notes? itd be cool if you put a whammy pedal with it..

Calvero
01-14-2007, 06:40 PM
sounds nice, but why dont just play with regular keyboard sound? Stuff like ben folds five or even Emerson Lake & Palmer

timeh
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
man just make shit up make your own music and if its good then it will work

self-made_page
01-15-2007, 01:32 AM
If you're that good at keyboard play keyboard. If it sounds good nobody will care that it's not a guitar.

Blompcube
01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Recently i broke up with my band because my guitarist and drummer didn't agree on a genre to play. In the old band I had played bass but i am much more proficent at keyboard. I am now starting a new band with the drummer and a different more talented bassist and i was wondering wether or not i could lead the band with a keyboard playing as the guitar. I set the keyboard up on a clean guitar setting and ran a distortion pedal through it and it sounds exactly like a guitar. I am also the singer. with this arrangement do you think there is a shot at having a well rounded and good band?

it's good to be different.

Gin_Rummy
01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
If it works for your band and you like it, go with it.

GiantRaven
01-15-2007, 06:59 PM
If it sounds good go for it

Get a shitload more effects though, that'll be even cooler

Pure_Morning
01-19-2007, 04:55 PM
maybe, but why not just play guitar? can you not play and sing? plus, playing chords just wont have the same effect, and soloing will be even harder, how would you bend notes? itd be cool if you put a whammy pedal with it..

Pitch bender.

Maybe not the thing your going for, but I'd say check out the Dresden Dolls and KirsteenYoung. Both are Piano + Drums.

Satch_Boogie
01-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Sounds like chating >_>

Lol, do your own thing man, God knows we have more than enough guitar players.

Scourge441
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Two words: Prog rock.

Why are you only going with a trio? Any reason you don't want a guitarist? That way you could get guitars and use the keyboards to make other sounds.

nubular
01-20-2007, 06:26 PM
anythings possible