Would Shawn Lane be considered Fusion?

PDA

View Full Version : Would Shawn Lane be considered Fusion?

flyingVai
01-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I was wondering if he would be considered a fusion shredder or just a shredder? What do you all think?

pavan
01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Why is it important to categorise?
Edit : Yeah, and he was NOT JUST a "shredder"

TheUltimateSin
01-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Would Shawn Lane be considered Fusion?

Hmm...well, I know that the combining of atoms would be considered fusion... :o :p:

Resiliance
01-16-2007, 06:32 AM
I think so, yes. Amongst other things. Mind you, not a fusion "shredder", just fusion... Amongst other things, again.

Freepower
01-16-2007, 01:45 PM
^ well, he's certainly done "fusion" but also straight up 80s rock and bebopish stuff and that poppish nonsense on POT - so i suppose you could call him fusion, but simply put, he isn't fusion. Some of what he played was.

I mean, if i play some Meshuggah, does that make me metal?

paddyo
01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
^ well, he's certainly done "fusion" but also straight up 80s rock and bebopish stuff and that poppish nonsense on POT - so i suppose you could call him fusion, but simply put, he isn't fusion. Some of what he played was.

Bah...wha....you....thats just not....FUUUUCKKK!! NOOO!!!

Freepower
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Lololololol!

I mean nonsense in an affectionate sense...

"I am a slayer, and you will taste my steel!" Yngwie!

paddyo
01-16-2007, 04:27 PM
It was more the Poppish part that you associated it with that I was offended by haha..S'all good in the neighbourhood.

pavan
01-16-2007, 10:54 PM

WTF???? :no:

I do agree with the rest of what you said though, Shawn Lane cannot be categorized. He's done some fusion, some straightforward rock, some straightforward jazz (bootlegs) even, some classical, some Indian, some this, some that, he incorporated a lot of styles in his playing.

edit : Just read the previous posts, so I forgive you, and I will eat an ice cream in your honour :peace:

Night_Lights
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
"I am a slayer, and you will taste my steel!" Yngwie!

only the greatest song ever.

bucky_2300
01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
The way he says "I am a Viking" with the utmost seriousness makes me crack up every time.

bluespunkmetal
01-17-2007, 11:23 AM
What if Yngwie played Fusion ??

Axegrinder#9
01-18-2007, 05:26 AM
^ that'd mean you took one too many a hit of acid, or toked too much on that big fattyboombatty blunt.