Powering vocals

PDA

View Full Version : Powering vocals

followedformat
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm a vocalist for a band and I need something to power my vocals. For the past practices, I used my Peavey XXX 40. It's loud enough but it feeds back a lot. I've been told a keyboard amp would work really well. How many watts would I need? Would something like this be alright?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-K450FX-45w-3-Channel-PA-System-and-Keyboard-Amp?sku=480784

altgrunge
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
You should get a small P.A. system for practicing with your band. I don't know if a keyboard amp would work well. With the feedback issue, try turning down the treble and mids on the equalization, it sacrifices tone but generally you can get it louder, or at least it worked well for us. Hope that helped some. Btw, heres the PA system my band uses, its pretty cheap but works well for what we need. http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-S20-Portable-PA-System-i131742.music

followedformat
01-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I want something all in one piece though. I don't wanna lug 3 heavy things to practice.

redrumsixsix6
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
I want something all in one piece though. I don't wanna lug 3 heavy things to practice.

nothing about that pa is heavy...plus you only need the head and one of the speakers. Go for it dude my band has small PA simlilar to that. Besides Im sure eventually someone is gonna sing backup so then you'll need another amp if you don't have a pa. ALso, my band and i have put on our won shows using our PA so thats a big plus

Blockythebass
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM

you could always leave it where you practice, you wont need it to sing at home

evansut7
01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
either one of those PAs linked above will work but the soundtech one will be a lot better than the behringer one. I have that exact soundtech PA and its awesome for the money. if you dont want to lug around heavy equipment i would suggest playing the flute instead.

take_it_t
01-19-2007, 10:55 AM
If you want everything in one piece get a rack for it than. Or buy a powered mixer than you just need a speaker. Generally a P.A. is going to be stereo and for the purpose of having the main speakers on either side of the stage, no contracted into a tiny box in the back.

jagstang270
01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Umm that's hard, the best thing you can do is to rent a room for like two hours or so..it can be cheaper than buying a PA system.

feltgrape
01-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Pa system, also try just getting a pa speaker. I think only certain ones you can just plug an instrument into it and it will work, I think it has to be a powered speaker. You'll have to ask. But certain pa speakers should work.