What is "post hardcore"??

PDA

View Full Version : What is "post hardcore"??

playfielder
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I dont listen to hardcore music, or metal core or screamo or hardcore or christcore or anything thing. But through all the labels "post-harcore" didnt make sense to me.
What does it mean. post means after, so is it "after hardcore", meaning there is no hard core? Or is it the same as hardcore but some artist pretended to be different.
What is the musical difference between hardcore and post hardcore???

Jeff Manthei
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
i think it means that they are trying to be hardcore but hardcore was awhile back... so they are trying to re-invent it... i could be wrong...

TV Party
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
After hardcore, meaning bands that are major influenced by hardcore bands of the past.

Not sure how else to describe it.

BassNewbie
01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
After hardcore, meaning bands that are major influenced by hardcore bands of the past.

Not sure how else to describe it.

theres not a better way to descibe it.

listen to thursday as cities burn or static lullaby if you wanna know what it sounds like

adm.uk
01-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Fugazi, At The Drive In or These Arms Are Snakes would be a better example.

GibsonPuppeteer
01-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I hate all these fake ass genres that people have to come up with to label bands that sound exactly the same. Genres are generalizations, not groups who copy each other. Post Hardcore, Hardcore, Metalcore, and all those other dumb classifications are just mixtures of metal, punk, and emo that need to feel better about themselves.

STABxYOU
01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Post-Hardcore is a movement that developed out of hardcore when musicians in hardcore bands got tired of playing hardcore. Essentially it's hardcore derived indie rock.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
01-19-2007, 12:04 PM
There is a genre dictionary here, read the description. If you need more help on it, post in there.