Bit of a vocals dillema

PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a vocals dillema

Floyd1122
01-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Alright, here's the deal: Our school talent show is having auditions next Thursday. We're doing Crossroads by Cream. We had myself (guitar), a bassist, a drummer, and a singer, but the singer quit as of yesterday saying 'he's not ready for the stage and he can't do it.' This leaves me either to quickly scan the school for a singer, or learn the vocals and to play the guitar part at the same time. Any guidance on what way I should lean?

feltgrape
01-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Well can you sing good?

Piltdown
01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Why not try to just convince your singer that he's perfectly ready, and is just feeling a tad nervous about his first performance. It's nerve racking beforehand but once you get on stage you can't really see much of the crowd unless it's really well lit, and it's just too good of a feeling to be nervous about once you're in it.

My school is having auditions next thursday too...how odd it'd be if we went to the same school...

Floyd1122
01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I guess; some people tell me I have a great voice but I don't really think so.

Haha do you happen to live in PA^?

mishra
01-19-2007, 11:40 PM
its not hard to sing crossroads, theres not much playing going on while the singing is going on.

Piltdown
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM
In fact i actually do live in PA. I go to Red Lion High.
But if you can't get your singer to play, you could just learn it yourself. I don't know the song, but if you just practice the timing you should be able to get both singing and playing down pretty quickly unless you're playing a pretty tough lead part.

Floyd1122
01-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna learn the vox part just over the course of the next three days. I Don't go to Red Lion though, so there goes that, but thanks for the help guys.