Mad at close minded thinkers

PDA

View Full Version : Mad at close minded thinkers

batiosilver08
01-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Im starting to get really mad at those who are so close minded about music. Everyone thinks that Rock is dying. I know for a fact this isnt happening. Music has changed yes, but if you seriously think about it, over 3 decades (60's,70's,80's) There are extreamly AWESOME bands who will live on foreverm and its about all I listen too!, but The thing is that when you think of how many good bands per decade, it is not alot. Of course it is worth it, for those magical bands, but at the same time, if you look at music now, there are new GREAt bands coming out all the time and sure you cant hear it on the radio, but if you look you can find awesoem music everywhere. All Im saying is not to be so close minded and appreciate what is good about now.

fireoptic
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
I think rock is dying. Name some good new rock bands - i'm stumped.

The only good new bands in my opinion are Buckcherry (Not the mainstream stuff like crazy bitch), velvet revolver, audioslave, wolfmother... and that's it.

but none of them compare to classic rock bands; they're much better than today's bands.

MiG_853
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
What's good about now? Other than dance music (which is sooo much better than disco).

sashki
01-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I know this is hard to take from someone whose signature states how much he hates Rap music, but it is true that mainstream music isn't as good as it used to be.

Even in 2002 I could still turn on the TV or radio and hear songs that I liked. I didn't complain about MTV, or the music industry at all. I enjoyed mainstream music. And now, it's all gone. You don't get the same type of stuff any more. Maybe it's still there, but it's hidden underground. It has been replaced ENTIRELY by Hip hop. Why can't the music I love be mainstream when it used to be 5 years ago?

I listen to music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. But my generation doesn't seem to care about the good music of past years (that being rock, pop and blues). I'm not asking to see Iron Maiden and AC/DC on TV every day. I just wish the playlists of music channels were more varied.

I found MTV's playlist through teletext. Of all the songs on the list, about half of them have never been played. And others are played 5 times a day.

Call me an ignorant **** if you must, but I want my music back.

that1l)ude
01-21-2007, 03:19 PM
that was what i call a rant. i agree with most of it but there doesnt need to be a thread for your rant. oh and another thing dont expect to like everything you do, i understand where your coming from , but dont take it too far.

MiG_853
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Rock is dying, but I think some one within our generation will still give it CPR. Ya, Audioslave, Wolfmother and some other are ok, but they're really not all that ground-breaking, I think there's not enough need for rock music any more.
If we look at where Rock comes from, it's the struggle of youth and underpriveleged who can't conform and let themselves be taken easily by power.
Now-a-days we don't have a great social cause to unite the youth, don't dare compare Iraq to Vietnam, and terrorism is not civil rights!
What we might hope for is a second Grunge era; Grunge happened because Rock wasn't answering the needs of youths, and that's what Nirvana was about.

Frankly, I want something new. Ideas?

t3hrav3n
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
heard it all before, don't really give a damn.

batiosilver08
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I just think, there is hope. And if you look hard enough, there are still great people making great music. In the future do you really think everyone is going to love hip hip and rap?
That didnt happen with Disco, not everyone liked it.
Hip hop will die like disco, because its all about marketing. If you really want music to stay great, do somehting about it! who cares whats on the radio or MTV its what you love. Long live rock and rool and thats all I've got to say.

that1l)ude
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
seeing all the dumbass responses left, i take back my earlier post, heres my rant.

Rock aint dying, but Mainstream musics been dead since the 80's. listen to some more abstract stuff that isnt your average dumbed down radio rock. for example, Fireoptic likes blues based music, thats not the only kind of music on the ****ing earth, and if thats all you like then dont expect everyone else to think like you.

batiosilver08
01-21-2007, 03:36 PM
wow great comment that1|)ude. Very ture. Mainstream has always been about what sells. To me its always been dead

fireoptic
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I like almost all blues/rock from the early 60's to grunge in the 90's. I even like some progressive based rock/metal bands like Tool. I've never heard rock that wasn't blues based, am I lost?

And if rocks not dying, then what are some new rock bands (underground or mainstream) that are true rock? I'd like to hear them, because i'm sick of looking up bands that are already retired.

MiG_853
01-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Besides rock... will some one tell me why?! WHY?! does all modern metal have to either contain screaming that is intended to scare small children?! or alternatively have a vocalist which is identical (or attempting to be) to Bruce Dickinson!?

Falcatarius
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Music is music. There'll be bad and there'll be good in the future. High's and lows.

People just need to remember that nothing can KILL good music, it's immortal. Take hope in that, and listen to what you like. We'll all be fine.

Cheers
-Falcatarius

PS: I might be a bit biased because i listen to EVERYTHING. From classical, to rap, to metal, to blues, to celtic. You name it, i love it.

Strat_Monkey
01-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Hip hop will die like disco, because its all about marketing. If you really want music to stay great, do somehting about it! who cares whats on the radio or MTV its what you love. Long live rock and rool and thats all I've got to say.

Tell that to Public Enemy. Tell that to Zack de la Rocha. Tell that to a huge number of people who expressed their emotions and described their times through that medium.