Bassist problems

PDA

View Full Version : Bassist problems

trem7
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
This bassist started the band I'm in now with me a while back but now he doesn't live at home (ran away for some stupid reason) doesn't play his bass because it's at his house, has a huge amount of creative differences with the rest of the band (I mean he hates everything I write unless it's extremely soft, doesn't contribute anything, hates metal or even hard rock which is what everyone else loves). I'm trying to decide if I should talk to the other guys about replacing him, this guy doesn't put in any effort and is basically a burden on our writing, he's getting mixed up in a lot of things but he's still our friend. What should I do?

EirikFtw
01-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, If you can get an other bassist to replace him, I think that's what you ought to do.
But, speak to the guy first. Tell you'll do it if he doesn't get his shit together.

Dutch_Apples
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
This guy has some other issues besides this band.

GiantRaven
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
If he doesn't contribute anything you should just be rid of him IMO

dylan87654321
01-24-2007, 03:48 AM
you should talk him and when you make music everyone should decide on riffs and stuff nt just the bass player

METSOAD
01-24-2007, 03:59 AM
he has other problems.let him leave of his own accord first and if he dosen't, then tell him he has to sort out his other shit if the band means anything to him

Colohue
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Life before art. I suggest supporting your friend over your band.

Mr.Pink
01-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Life before art. I suggest supporting your friend over your band.

I agree with that. What you might wanna do is make it clear that he's not in the band, but continue jamming with him so it's not like you're just telling him to **** off. So you and him can still jam, just not as a real band.

x0dus
01-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Its pretty simple, the guy isnt even practicing with his bass. How is he going to play shows?

Just let him down easy, tell him that he should focus on his other problems and then focus on a band. Make it look like you're doing him a favour instead of just throwing him out.