Transporting gear.

PDA

View Full Version : Transporting gear.

NASA Ninja
01-22-2007, 02:08 AM
In my band, none of the three of us have any vehicle larger than a basic car. Problem is, we need a way to transport gear. I was thinking of putting the toms inside of the bass drum, and the snare and cymbals in the floor tom, but could that wreck the set?

Ollieyoufool
01-22-2007, 02:11 AM
My band uses teleportation, try it.

synd_lv_nd_pz
01-22-2007, 02:12 AM
why dont you guys use 2 cars?

King ofKumbucha
01-22-2007, 02:13 AM
In my band, none of the three of us have any vehicle larger than a basic car. Problem is, we need a way to transport gear. I was thinking of putting the toms inside of the bass drum, and the snare and cymbals in the floor tom, but could that wreck the set?

I wouldn't risk it...seeing how expensive drum sets are.

NASA Ninja
01-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, none of us drive, and my dad's the only one who'd actually drive us anywhere.

U-Mass
01-22-2007, 02:16 AM
We've been known to rent one of those small white vans for a night... Usually for such a small amount of time its pretty cheap. I wouldn't recommend putting stuff from your drum kit inside the bass/snare, you could very well break something or weaken it depending on how far the drive is and how much vibration rattles them up.

Dick6Valentine
01-22-2007, 02:17 AM
just practice a lot

synd_lv_nd_pz
01-22-2007, 02:22 AM
rent a bigger vehicle?

ark
01-22-2007, 03:01 AM
itll soone ror later damage your stuff, proper carrying cases really do protect your equipment alot.

if you dont play very often, rent a larger vehicle or take multiple trips because its going to be hard on your equipment, plus youll spend just as much time setting your stuff back up at the venue anyway. if you are doing lots of shows and touring, then invest in a van, there arnt really ways around it.

Dutch_Apples
01-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Hire a new member who drives.

METSOAD
01-22-2007, 05:50 AM
learn to drive

Blompcube
01-22-2007, 11:31 AM
learn to drive
that is perfectly stupid. firstly - he might not be old enough to drive. secondly - he would still have to pay for lessons, pay for a driving test to get a lisence and buy a car... while it would help it's not really "advice" as such...

NASA Ninja
01-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I wish I could drive, but I can't seem to pass the driver's test. It's not that I'm dumb or anything, I just suck with memorizing these stupid random rules I never even heard of that they throw on the test.

WhereArtEsteban
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
If your drummer know his shit, he can answer that for you.

WhereArtEsteban
01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I wish I could drive, but I can't seem to pass the driver's test. It's not that I'm dumb or anything, I just suck with memorizing these stupid random rules I never even heard of that they throw on the test.
DUDE I ****ING HATED THE DAMN TEST, took me 3 tries, passed it today actually.

NASA Ninja
01-22-2007, 10:04 PM
If your drummer know his shit, he can answer that for you.

Our drummer's pretty new, and we're borrowing a set from another friend of mine.

WhereArtEsteban
01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Our drummer's pretty new, and we're borrowing a set from another friend of mine.
Well in that case, yes it will most likely hurt the set. Its too much risk for a drumset because they're pretty expensive (at least the one my drummer uses). But, to get my bands stuff from place to place we usually have two cars.

instantkarma93
01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
When my band transports stuff we use my drummers moms mini van and it works fine. If you have friend who is not in your band but is supportive of your band, maybe he would be able to help you transport your equipment. Try to find a friend who has a van or mini van.

wongacaster
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
whoa even if it didnt hurt the kit it would be ghay as cause you would have to retune everything which could take a while if your is new.

dcoyle4040
01-25-2007, 10:48 AM
that is perfectly stupid. firstly - he might not be old enough to drive. secondly - he would still have to pay for lessons, pay for a driving test to get a lisence and buy a car... while it would help it's not really "advice" as such...

Pay for driving lessons???