I wanna know if im going about this the right way

PDA

View Full Version : I wanna know if im going about this the right way

812many
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm 15, nearly 16. ive been in a number of bands, playing a few different genres of music. I joined the first one, and ive started about 4. right now im not in any bands. i dont want to start/contribute to a serious band until im 17 or so with serious musicians. I figure i can just join some cruddy "punk" bands or something, and i will get my first gig, get gigging experience, other good stuff like that without the pressure of really carring about the band. By the way, i play guitar. Is this a good idea? just joining a band to stay on top of playing with people, to learn about gigging? or should i start a serious band?

Colohue
01-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I say both, Getting gigging is always good, especially if you're going to lead another band. The search for serious musicians can take a while, so do both at once.

El Penguino
01-23-2007, 09:16 PM
if you REALLY dont want to start a serous band ( i dont know why you wouldnt, its never too early) the yes, thats a good way to go about it, als pracice constantly so you will be a machne when you find the musicians

dylan87654321
01-24-2007, 03:44 AM
i play in a band and we write songs but we cant play anywhere except school cause were only 14 what age do you have be to gig

Kid_Thorazine
01-24-2007, 05:00 AM
no set age really, but it depends on the venue. And as for joining not so serious bands untill you can get experience, thats a good idea, but start loking for seious musicians now, because that can take forever, ive been trying to get a band together thats willing to tour and whatnot for over a year now.