Biffy Clyro's Best Album. Biffy Clyro.

PDA

View Full Version : Biffy Clyro's Best Album. Biffy Clyro.

biffylover
01-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Ive been in many debates with fellow Biffy Lovers over this question. Blackened Sky? Vertigo Of Bliss? Infinity Land? Its a tricky question. Blackened is probably the most mainstream of the three. Songs like Justboy, 27, 57, Christophers River. Vertigo is just a really good album. Standout tracks include Bodies in Flight, Eradicate The Doubt, Toys Toys Toys, Now The Action Is On Fire, A Day Of. Infinity Land is probably the most experimental and heaviest Biffy Album. Tracks like Glitter and Trauma, My Recovery Injection, Some Kind Of Wizard, Kids From Kibble, Jaggy Snake. I personally for the life of me cannot decide. I love them all too much. Lets hope that Puzzle Is As Great. Wot do you think?

Rodders
03-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Infinity Land is nowhere near as complex and experimental as Vertigo of Bliss. VOB is their best, definately.

onlyonehere
03-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Vertigo of Bliss > Blackened Sky > Infinity Land.

I think Puzzle has a shot at beating Blackened Sky and Infinity Land. Especially after hearing 'Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies' last night.

My favourite Biffy track is probably either Liberate The Illiterate, Bodies In Flight, Now The Action, Some Kind of Wizard, Hero Management or Solution Devices. No, I really can't decide.

I really don't understand why people call Blackened Sky 'mainstream'.

Roll on May 21st.

kryptonite22
03-14-2007, 07:54 AM
I think if you're going to start wheeling out the 'm' word then Puzzle has the potential to be the best known. I think the new single was even pretty high up in the charts last week.

I don't own Vertigo of Bliss, but I've got the other two. I don't really prefer either, they've both got some strong tracks.

bobjewell87
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM
infinity land is their best album

onlyonehere
03-15-2007, 08:05 AM
I think if you're going to start wheeling out the 'm' word then Puzzle has the potential to be the best known. I think the new single was even pretty high up in the charts last week.

I don't own Vertigo of Bliss, but I've got the other two. I don't really prefer either, they've both got some strong tracks.

It got to number 13 in the charts.

And i've got no doubt that this album is going to be mainstream. But hearing living is a problem... Oh man, it's like the complete opposite of mainstream. They had the sodding Seattle symphony orchestra! and Choirs! It was insane.

Oh, and get Vertigo of Bliss! It's amazing :p:

kryptonite22
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
bloody hell the new song is catchy as fuck.

sort of a bit more structured than what I'm used to from them but then its only as structured as '57', say, which is a great song.

vertigo of bliss is one i need to get, but theres always something i want more. ill get it one day!

ajaggysnake
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I think they are just keeping the song structures a little more traditional for puzzle, the riffs and beats are still very biff-like

onlyonehere
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
I think they are just keeping the song structures a little more traditional for puzzle, the riffs and beats are still very biff-like

Yes. Definitely. Living Is A Problem is typical Biffy, just with a bit more pop sensibility.

tomwm1
04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
biffy were pretty gd supporting the might bloc party

quinny1089
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
^
yer they were, i saw em in blackpool.
id never heard em before and they certainly werent what i was expecting

pretty damn good stuff

coolhandluke123
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
People will inevitably start calling them mainstream when they get more fans, sell more CDs, and get higher chart positions. But all of that is deserved. They are an amazing band, and i love all of their albums and songs equally :D

As someone else mentioned as well, i have no idea why people call blackened sky mainstream.

thyme
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
biffy were pretty gd supporting the might bloc party
Yeh i saw them, i've gotta say i really couldn't get into it. My main problems with them are that-

1) The guitar sounds i find have no tone and are just bleurghs of boring distortion.

and mostly

2)I cannot stand when people sing in American accents if they're not from America.

Sorry if that sounded overly critical, just not really a fan and wanted to see what you people think of those 2 things.

bobjewell87
05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes. Definitely. Living Is A Problem is typical Biffy, just with a bit more pop sensibility.

no, its atrocious

onlyonehere
05-04-2007, 10:02 AM
no, its atrocious

It's awesome. Really brilliant.

So far from Puzzle i've heard the following:

Living Is A Problem - absolutely majestic, really love it.
Saturday Superhouse - Ok, bit boring, not really showing Biffys true potential
Get ****ed Stud - Storming and brilliant. Biffy all over.
Who's Got A Match? - Er... Biffy, you do realise you're not Avril Lavigne right? Ok I guess. Not brilliant.
Now I'm Everyone - Takes a while to build up but the ending is absolutely brilliant.

I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think it will be typical Biffy by any means. But that's why they're so fantastic, every album is entirely different and it works. If they just kept making replicas of VOB then it would be boring.

Also, in no way do Biffy sing in American accents! You can totally hear their Scottish accents coming through on the record!

j0nmcc
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
im really keen on infinity on high

Biggs
05-12-2007, 11:21 AM
It has to be Vertigo for me. Everything about that album is just perfect. Strangely, it probably has more tracks on it that, when played alone, I could ignore compared to the other 2, but, as an album, it is just perfect. It works so well.

Blackened Sky and Infinity Land are still awesome.

As for Puzzle, I'm really looking forward to it. I've pretty much loved all that I've heard from it.

Who's Got A Match? - Er... Biffy, you do realise you're not Avril Lavigne right? Ok I guess. Not brilliant.

That song is awesome! I'm a fire and I'll burn, burn, burn tonight...

Graeme Kanu
05-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Who's Got a Match? is a brilliant song, sure it not exactly what you'd expect from a band like Biffy Clyro. It's something a little different.

Who's Got a Match? should definitely be released as a single, maybe even thnext single. Living is a Problem Cause Everything Dies and Saturday Superhouse seem to be doing well, Saturday Superhouse got to number 13 in the UK singles chart. And Biffy Clyro are finally getting played on BBC Radio 1 . And that's not a bad thing, is it? At least they're finally getting the recognition they truly deserve

Biffy Clyro have said in interviews they never want to repeat themselves with each album. and I think that what adds to their originality. Some bands do repeat themselves with each album, but Biffy don't. Each of their 3 albums so far have all been different.

I don't really have a favourite album, and can't really what the best Biffy Clyro album is. That a hard decision. They're all different.

Blackened Sky had a kind of indie feel to it. I know alot of fans here don't like to use the word mainstream to describe that particular album, but I think it was, it should've been a hit with the mainstream, but they stupidly over looked it.

There were songs on Blackened Sky could have been huge hits and the album should've be a hit with the mainstream. I know 27, Justboy and 57 were all released as singles. 57 and Justboy should've been hits, especially 57. But I think Joy. Discovery. Invention and Christopher's River would've made good singles, had the band decided to release them.

The Vertigo of Bliss was a good follow up, can't say it was better than Blackened Sky. It has some really great song as well, A Day..., Toys, Toys, Toys, All the Way Down, Question & Answers, Eradicate the Doubt and The Ideal Height, to name a few good songs.

Infinity Land was a gr8 album, much more heavier and experimental than their previous album. I think if had to pick my favourite album it'd be:

Infinity Land, or Blackened Sky then The Vertigo of Bliss .

Can't wait til Puzzle is released on June 4th, it gonna be the album that gives Biffy the recognition they deserve. And I think Biffy Clyro's Puzzle album will be one of the best albums of 2007.

Coup
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Puzzle is their best overall work so far.

onlyonehere
05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Who's Got a Match? is a brilliant song, sure it not exactly what you'd expect from a band like Biffy Clyro. It's something a little different.

Who's Got a Match? should definitely be released as a single, maybe even thnext single. Living is a Problem Cause Everything Dies and Saturday Superhouse seem to be doing well, Saturday Superhouse got to number 13 in the UK singles chart. And Biffy Clyro are finally getting played on BBC Radio 1 . And that's not a bad thing, is it? At least they're finally getting the recognition they truly deserve

Biffy Clyro have said in interviews they never want to repeat themselves with each album. and I think that what adds to their originality. Some bands do repeat themselves with each album, but Biffy don't. Each of their 3 albums so far have all been different.

I don't really have a favourite album, and can't really what the best Biffy Clyro album is. That a hard decision. They're all different.

Blackened Sky had a kind of indie feel to it. I know alot of fans here don't like to use the word mainstream to describe that particular album, but I think it was, it should've been a hit with the mainstream, but they stupidly over looked it.

There were songs on Blackened Sky could have been huge hits and the album should've be a hit with the mainstream. I know 27, Justboy and 57 were all released as singles. 57 and Justboy should've been hits, especially 57. But I think Joy. Discovery. Invention and Christopher's River would've made good singles, had the band decided to release them.

The Vertigo of Bliss was a good follow up, can't say it was better than Blackened Sky. It has some really great song as well, A Day..., Toys, Toys, Toys, All the Way Down, Question & Answers, Eradicate the Doubt and The Ideal Height, to name a few good songs.

Infinity Land was a gr8 album, much more heavier and experimental than their previous album. I think if had to pick my favourite album it'd be:

Infinity Land, or Blackened Sky then The Vertigo of Bliss .

Can't wait til Puzzle is released on June 4th, it gonna be the album that gives Biffy the recognition they deserve. And I think Biffy Clyro's Puzzle album will be one of the best albums of 2007.

I think Vertigo works better as an overall album. Infinity Land would be stunning had they released 'The Weapons Are Concealed' as a B Side and put Bonaxoid Deathgrip as an album track.

Blackened Sky - I really adore this album but i'm not a big fan of Stress on the Sky.

That's why Vertigo works so well, there's not one track I dislike on it.

But yeah, Puzzle is going to be amazing. Cannot wait for it. And yeah my Who's Got A Match statement was a little blasee seeing as i've only heard the live version, I hope recorded it changes my mind.

In other news, Puzzle has leaked. I'm not downloading it. I've waited 3 years for this album, 3 more weeks makes no difference.