Are Washburn guitars any good?

PDA

View Full Version : Are Washburn guitars any good?

soulgazer
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
coz i just sew one a few hours ago in a store and it gotta be the most beautiful guitar i ever saw (flame circles and fire)

Liarsenic12
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
yes

apope
01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Many Washburns are nice. NUUUNNNO! \m/-_-

x0rsist
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
damned right! my model is discontinued but the pro version nis frickin aweosme! so is the X-50 only it has a string thru body. The X series has a fast durable neck and kickass design. The PRO versions come preloaded with duncan Invaders i think, whilst the snon - PRO models come with Washburn headhunters which arent too bad, but probably will need replacing for exxperienced users.

What model did you see?

soulgazer
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
don't know the model, but it was standard build with this !!!GORGEOUS!!! flame circles and fires and some black O_O

but thing is ! I'm an experienced so should i invest in one?

x0rsist
01-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Washburn have alot of guitars mate, it really depends on the model what type of feel youll get from your guitar. what was the price tag? But more or less, washburn in my opinion are a top guitar brand and anything you get from them will be of top quality! ive tried a 900euro ibanez and a 800 euro jackson and i chose a 700 reduced to 350 euro washburn over them.

soulgazer
01-26-2007, 03:36 PM
ok thanks thats all i wanted to hear, ill check that store tomorrow .

Guitargod12345
01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah Nick Cantantese of Black Label Society uses one.

jmag
01-26-2007, 03:45 PM
It's probably one of the anarchy series... It's kind of low-end actually, but it's pretty, I'll give you that.

AdamDK
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I dislike the sound of the Washburn Maya (Dan Donegan Signature) series. The necks for me don't feel right, and I dislike the overall sound. But most other Washburns are decent guitars, IMO.

cheames
01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
moo. washburn = poo.

tubadude
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
^care to explain why?

anyways, i like washburn, and having six of them says so, very great guitars, far superior to Schecter guitars.

X50 is loaded with a custom custom and a 59 reissue, not invaders

and x0rsist, is your X40 a non pro? and did you put an OFR in it? if so, how is it?

i just bought a X40 PRO, and it rocks, havnt played my X50 in a while

justin_fraser
01-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Not the best guitars in terms of quality. The brand in whole isnt that high end. Our school has a Washburn bass and its a piece of shit. Always has been, always will be. However there are some out there that are nice. A friend of mine has a 1 piece washburn and its really nice and the quality is excellent. So its up to you.

NotAJock2Day
01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
The Idol Series are well balanced, versatile guitars and their other models are awesome too. Washburn is has also been around longer than either Fender or Gibson ...

AdamDK
01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Just while we're on the topic of Washburn's, can I get you folks opinions of the Maya (Dan Donegan singature) series guitars? I'm very curious.

"Tele" Steve
01-26-2007, 05:20 PM
That guy from Widespread Panic plays one so I guess they're alright. I have yet to find a decent one myself. The better models don't seem to be at the stores I visit.

tubadude
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Not the best guitars in terms of quality. The brand in whole isnt that high end. Our school has a Washburn bass and its a piece of shit. Always has been, always will be. However there are some out there that are nice. A friend of mine has a 1 piece washburn and its really nice and the quality is excellent. So its up to you.

first of all, its a school guitar, i have never seen a school guitar, or amp that has been well taken care of, plus, its most likely a low end bass. . .

i would null that bass as an example of washburns quality.

Dave_Mc
01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
the pro series are very nice for the cash. (I haven't tried any of the others)

Johny Bravo
01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Dude washburns are awesome. But be careful abt buying it online. I bought my acoustic but its neck angle wasnt set up very well. Got the other one after trying it out, and man it kicks some major butt! My friend has an X-50, and its simply just, wow! Excellent buy i would say but make sure u get urs after thoroughly checking it out. Their QC deptt puts some lemons through sometimes. But their Customer care staff is great. Im a washburn fan, as u wud've guessed! If u are satisfied after the checkup, it will last you a lifetime. They are built for the road man. And they are wayyy older than Fender. Probably older than gibson, they started in 1870 something.

tubadude
01-26-2007, 05:47 PM
^ive never seen a bad washburn off the line.

ive bought all mine off ebay, and only one was B stock, it had a tiny ass nick on the headstock. but other than that, it was perfect. . . .

and for the sake of boredom, this is what i have (washburn wise)
Washburn X40 pro
Washburn X50 (turned pro)
Washburn WG587
Washburn WG208
Washburn XB125
Washburn XB925

x0rsist
01-26-2007, 10:51 PM
^care to explain why?

anyways, i like washburn, and having six of them says so, very great guitars, far superior to Schecter guitars.

X50 is loaded with a custom custom and a 59 reissue, not invaders

and x0rsist, is your X40 a non pro? and did you put an OFR in it? if so, how is it?

i just bought a X40 PRO, and it rocks, havnt played my X50 in a while

its a non pro buddy, but, it was the last model in the shop, and the dude behind the counter told me that they had had to put an OFR in it because the stock trem was wrecked. i prefer the x40 for the trem but the x50 looks ans sounds amazing. my mistake about the invaders. but this mofo plays like a dream! id like to get my hands on a PRO see if theres much diff.

CustomCustom
01-26-2007, 11:13 PM
how much was that X40 pro? I was at a shop today and was quoted between $800 and 900? seems high for a Korean guitar.

garden of grey
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I actually use one of their 97' dime models. That probably isn't what you mean though.

x0rsist
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
how much was that X40 pro? I was at a shop today and was quoted between $800 and 900? seems high for a Korean guitar.

well to try and put it into perspective, i was quoted 700 euros for the x40 non pro, but we got it for 350 due to the last model they would ever have, as it was discontinued, and the fact that they had tampered a bit with it. I

soulgazer
01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
FOUND IT !!!!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/washburn/x16_anarchy/index.html

What do you think about it ???

Dave_Mc
01-27-2007, 01:55 PM
its a non pro buddy, but, it was the last model in the shop, and the dude behind the counter told me that they had had to put an OFR in it because the stock trem was wrecked. i prefer the x40 for the trem but the x50 looks ans sounds amazing. my mistake about the invaders. but this mofo plays like a dream! id like to get my hands on a PRO see if theres much diff.

i'd prefer an OFR to the stock schaller, but that's just me, and mainly preference. Sounds like you got a deal! Assuming it plays as well as a pro version.

tubadude
01-27-2007, 04:12 PM
well, i have had a non pro and a pro. . . (x40, that is) and there isnt much difference in it, jsut the pups, and trem. i paid 400 for my X40 pro, it was new, but B stock. but 800 is a little high, ive seen them go on ebay for 700 new. but ive never seen one in stores, since they are very rare. also, ive put my X50 against a SG supreme, and i couldnt find any differences in tone, or build quality (except that thing gibson does with their frets)

and there is a 1200 dollar difference between the guitars. the guitars are of a very high build quality, its hard for me to tell a difference between the koreans and my USA bass from washburn.

and dave, my schaller isnt stiff at all, feels like my buddies OFR. however, it didnt have the range of the LFR i had on my non pro X40. (couldnt go to Bb on the low E string when pulling up.)

Dave_Mc
01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
^ ok, cool. The one I tried was stiff though, and I hear stiffness is a characteristic of schallers... maybe the one I tried had an extra spring or something.

:cheers: