Botb

PDA

View Full Version : Botb

Darkshade666
01-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Okay, the school's battle of the bands is coming up in 2 months and i dont know what to do. So basically, our band consists of :
-Lead Guitarists (Myself)
-A Rythm Guitarist
-A Lead Singer
-A Drummer
-A Bassist
Anyway, we play alternative rock stuff, and sometimes metal stuff like metallica (none of us are pro's except the drummer, the hardest metallica solo i can play is The Unforgiven II)

Now im confused about what songs we should play (we can play 2 songs max), we need something that attracts the girls, that way we can win the contest.
My question is, what songs should we play ???? :D

LauIsSedated
01-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Something along the lines of the New York Alternative sound, It's hard to pull off but the ladies love that stuff.

Ymogn
01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
**** her Gently - Tenacious D as your second song. Your first song won't matter. Save **** her gently for second though or you'll get pulled off stage.

Shredlet
01-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica solos a sinch and its pretty cool

abhishek21
01-30-2007, 04:14 AM
idea of thye band is to play songs for fun. if u just want to impress girls..theres no point playing in a band . dont care if u will or not just get on the stage and play whatever u like. dnt change ur style just to impress some chicks . play something that you enjoy and can force people to like ur music . but i ll say play some orignal stuff

GiantRaven
01-30-2007, 06:19 AM
I think battle of the bands...bands...that play covers are almost always the worst band there

Get some originals :)

Metal Massacre
02-06-2007, 02:42 PM
(I'm playing my first battle of the bands soon!!!)

Well, I suggest you sit at home, on non-practice time...

and WRITE.

Covers are usually boring.

TIP: It's a lot easier when you make an instrumental song and THEN add vocals.

Just keep it simple, and you'll do fine.