Dangers of opening a glow stick

PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of opening a glow stick

(-:
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
What are the dangers of opening a glow stick? I have one of those regular ones you buy at a walgreens or w/e for parties and stuff. I want to open one what and play with the glowy liquid. What are the dangers of this?

grantml02
01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
It might say on the package, I think it's fine to open them though seeing as I have and I am fine.

xDie_Romanticx
01-27-2007, 04:47 PM
um
The light stick contains two chemicals and a suitable fluorescent dye (sensitizer, or fluorophor). The chemicals in the plastic tube are a mixture of the dye and a derivate of phenyl oxalate ester (also called Cyalume). The chemical inside the glass vial is concentrated (about 35%) hydrogen peroxide. By mixing the peroxide with the phenyl oxalate ester, a chemical reaction takes place; the ester is oxidized, yielding two molecules of phenol and one molecule of peroxyacid ester. The peroxyacid decomposes spontaneously to carbon dioxide, releasing energy that excites the dye, which then deexcites by releasing a photon. The wavelength of the photon depends on the structure of the dye; eg. 9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene gives green light, 9,10-diphenylanthracene yields blue light, 5,6,11,12-tetraphenylnaphthacene yields red light. Other colors can be made of combination of dyes, eg. purple requires three dyes.

Other chemicals are usually present in the mixture as well; eg. sodium salicylate as a catalyst, and Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) as a solvent.

Instead of cyalume, bis(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl-6-carbopentoxyphenyl)oxalate (CPPO) is used in practical formulations, as it gives significantly better quantum yield.

Spectral emission of chemoluminescence (green line) of mixed fluorophore and peroxide which was removed from an orange lightstick, fluorescence of liquid fluorophore in glass ampoule only (before mixing) while under black light (yellow-orange line), fluorescence of plastic outer container of orange lightstick under blacklight (red line), and spectrum of reassembled chemoluminescent lightstick (glowing liquid poured back into original orange plastic vial) (darker orange line). This plot thus shows that the orange light from an orange lightstick (identical to the one in the above lightstick disassembly image) is created by a greenish-yellow light emitting chemoluminescent liquid partially inducing fluorescence in (and being filtered by) an orange plastic container.
bis(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl-6-carbopentoxyphenyl)oxalate (CPPO)A similar reaction can be achieved with bis(2,4,6-trichlorophenyl)oxalate (TCPO).

The dyes used in lightsticks usually exhibit fluorescence when exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Therefore even a spent lightstick will shine under a black light.

[edit] Fluorophors used
9,10-diphenylanthracene (DPA) emits blue light
1-chloro-9,10-diphenylanthracene (1-chloro(DPA)) and 2-chloro-9,10-diphenylanthracene (2-chloro(DPA)) emit blue-green light with higher efficiency than unsubstituted DPA, dihydro(DPA) is purple [1]
9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene (BPEA) emits green light
1-chloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits yellow-green light, used in 30-minute high-intensity Cyalume sticks
2-chloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits green light, used in 12-hour low-intensity Cyalume sticks
1,8-dichloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits yellow light, used in Cyalume sticks
Rubrene emits orange-red light.
2,4-di-tert-butylphenyl 1,4,5,8-tetracarboxynaphthalene diamide emits deep red light, together with DPA is used to produce white or hot-pink light, depending on their ratio

9,10-diphenylanthracene yields blue light

9,10-bis(phenylethynyl) anthracene yields green light

1-chloro- 9,10-bis(phenylethynyl) anthracene yields yellow light

rubrene (5,6,11,12-tetraphenyl naphthacene) yields yellow light

5,12-bis(phenylethynyl) naphthacene yields orange light

Rhodamine 6G yields orange light

Rhodamine B yields red light

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-27-2007, 04:47 PM
i dunno just dont get it in your eye i found out the hard way it ****ing burns

Zuka
01-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't touch your eyes, etc. Until you wash your hands after. I doubt it's corrosive. As well, don't taste it.

xDie_Romanticx
01-27-2007, 04:48 PM
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves

CaptainWow
01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
i dunno just dont get it in your eye i found out the hard way it ****ing burns

It doesn't taste too good either.:puke:

(-:
Does it smell like ass?

crazygluedmybut
If it says non-toxic on the package then it's alright.
If you do play with it, i recommend splashing it all over the walls and floor and turning off all the lights. It looks like night sky.

burningcowsrule
01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
That stuff'll corrode your hands, give you AIDS and then turn your corpse into a zombie that'll rape and kill everyone who attends your funeral, for the love of all that is holy don't open that glow stick.

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-27-2007, 04:52 PM
It doesn't taste too good either.:puke:
im not gonna try eating it lol

GibsonPuppeteer
01-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Mad Marius
01-27-2007, 04:54 PM
The pixie-fairies will all fly out.

chillininfl
they burn after a lil while on your skin, if thats where you were going to put it.

the glue man
I opened one at a party one time and it went right into my friend's eyes and mouth, it stings really bad and tastes not good.

It won't damage you too bad though, no worries.

(-:
01-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna wait a few hours to try this. I'll probably just play around with the stuff or cover my guitar in it lol

armyguy902003
heres whats fun to do with about 50 glow sticks. open each and every one of them and pour about 25 of them into a sink that you can keep it from going down. then use the other thing that was inside of the glow stick that contain the other chemical and open 25 of them into the 2 pools. then just goto bed and watch ppl freak out trying to figure out how thats happining. works best if your at a camp.

grantml02
Does it smell like ass?

It smells like plastic.

(-:
01-27-2007, 04:57 PM
How do you suggest I open them?

bobthemonkey14
01-27-2007, 04:57 PM
I was at church camp one time, and me and some of my buds ran down the hallway with a broked glowstick, getting all the stuff all over the walls. The walls were all glowy...it was some tight shit.

fire within
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
How do you suggest I open them?
butcher knife, its big, sharp and can hurt people (including yourself, so dont add red to the colour of glow stick)

SupremeACL
I want to open one what and play with the glowy liquid. What are the dangers of this?
[Insert sexual joke here]

Metal Disciple
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Sigged so it can be taken out of context. :p:

(-:
01-27-2007, 05:01 PM

:haha

GibsonPuppeteer
01-27-2007, 05:02 PM
IT WORKED!

fire within
01-27-2007, 05:03 PM
is there any thread in the pit that wont eventully go on to sexually explitive jokes, or buttsecks? or both?

(-:
01-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Where should I make a hole in the glow stick? I don't have a butcher knife.. I have a hammer, big scissors, cardboard box cutter thing and some plain razors

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM
is there any thread in the pit that wont eventully go on to sexually explitive jokes, or buttsecks? or both?
no never

xchiefx
01-27-2007, 05:21 PM

that's like asking if there's ever gonna be a jew who enjoys baking.

yorkshireterror
01-27-2007, 05:27 PM
:haha. That and the signature up there have made me laugh.

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
sigged :peace:

cubs
01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?

CrEePiNgDeAtH66
01-27-2007, 09:39 PM
it should wash out if not then youll hav a shirt that glows in the dark its a win win situation

CaptainWow
01-27-2007, 09:40 PM
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?

There's another potential sig that could be taken out of context.

I think the stuff washes out though.

(-:
01-27-2007, 09:43 PM

some great sig-worthy quotes from this thread!

deluxity
01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
drink it after you open it,

Smoothie
01-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I was biting one at a rave and it broke, the liquid tasted like shit and a glass shard (from the little glass capsule that you break) cut the inside of my mouth.

(-:
01-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm not gonna drink it, I' just gonna play around with it. I cracked a glow stick so it would glow at 1:00 PM PST and it is now almost 6:00 PM PST and the glow stick is still pretty bright. The brightness has only went down a bit

Jekkyl
01-27-2007, 09:55 PM
My brother actually got some in his mouth once. His teeth glowed for a couple of days, even though he brushed them. This was about 10 or more years ago, though, when they were more dangerous and easily stained stuff.

(-:
01-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I've read online that the standard ones usually last up to 6 hours... I've had mine glowing for almost 6 hours now (5 hours and 57 minutes). The really strong ones last up to 12 hours

WrongWay
01-27-2007, 10:02 PM
If it says non-toxic on the package then it's alright.
If you do play with it, i recommend splashing it all over the walls and floor and turning off all the lights. It looks like night sky.

does that last forever? god that would be sweet

The Casualty
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I've opened one, just try not to get in your mouth, eyes, or anything. Though, it could be on your hands for a while.

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:07 PM
How and where do I open it?

The Casualty
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I cut mine open, if they're anything like these:

http://www.allparty.co.uk/store/media/balloons/24361_Lightstick_Dark.jpg

You should be able to open them from the top, just try not to spill it anywhere when you do.

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Where is the top? The thing with the loop for a string or the cap looking thing?

The Casualty
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, if that doesn't work, just poke a hole somewhere, and spill it into a container of some sort.

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, if that doesn't work, just poke a hole somewhere, and spill it into a container of some sort.

!!! WHERE DO I OPEN IT LOL, ALL YOU SAID WAS YES!!!1

frusciante.ve
01-27-2007, 10:20 PM
My brother actually got some in his mouth once. His teeth glowed for a couple of days, even though he brushed them.

another one :D

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
My brother actually got some in his mouth once. His teeth glowed for a couple of days, even though he brushed them. This was about 10 or more years ago, though, when they were more dangerous and easily stained stuff.

The Casualty
01-27-2007, 10:23 PM
!!! Where Do I Open It Lol, All You Said Was Yes!!!1

!!!!yes As In The Looping Top Thing Is At The Top Because That's What You Were Asking!!!!

Ahem, yes.

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:24 PM
How do I open it at the loop?

andrew12398
01-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Does it smell like ass?
Probably not as bad as floam.

tehbensonzorz
01-27-2007, 10:28 PM

lawlz sigged

donender
01-27-2007, 10:31 PM
if you want to set it alight don't point it at anyone, my mate done that and the liquid shot out and it was on fire, so it won't be too comfortable.

GibsonPuppeteer
01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm just going to sig this whole damn thread :haha

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Who would have known? So many dirty sigs from an innocent thread :peace:

So how do I open it?

figsandbobo
01-27-2007, 10:35 PM
i got it in my eye. my mom fired that baby sitter. wait, are we talkin about glowsticks or jizz.

GibsonPuppeteer
01-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Who would have known? So many dirty sigs from an innocent thread :peace:

So how do I open it?
Just cut it open at either end, it doesn't matter.

Oh, and if you MUST have that in your sig at least put "About glowsticks:" in front of it.

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Just cut it open at either end, it doesn't matter.

Oh, and if you MUST have that in your sig at least put "About glowsticks:" in front of it.

Aw... It won't let me add anything else to my sig.. They need to put more character space in our sigs!!!! :mad:

figsandbobo
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
call me a dumbass, but i dont know how to sig :(

Trevor6
01-27-2007, 10:46 PM
um
The light stick contains two chemicals and a suitable fluorescent dye (sensitizer, or fluorophor). The chemicals in the plastic tube are a mixture of the dye and a derivate of phenyl oxalate ester (also called Cyalume). The chemical inside the glass vial is concentrated (about 35%) hydrogen peroxide. By mixing the peroxide with the phenyl oxalate ester, a chemical reaction takes place; the ester is oxidized, yielding two molecules of phenol and one molecule of peroxyacid ester. The peroxyacid decomposes spontaneously to carbon dioxide, releasing energy that excites the dye, which then deexcites by releasing a photon. The wavelength of the photon depends on the structure of the dye; eg. 9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene gives green light, 9,10-diphenylanthracene yields blue light, 5,6,11,12-tetraphenylnaphthacene yields red light. Other colors can be made of combination of dyes, eg. purple requires three dyes.

Other chemicals are usually present in the mixture as well; eg. sodium salicylate as a catalyst, and Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) as a solvent.

Instead of cyalume, bis(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl-6-carbopentoxyphenyl)oxalate (CPPO) is used in practical formulations, as it gives significantly better quantum yield.

Spectral emission of chemoluminescence (green line) of mixed fluorophore and peroxide which was removed from an orange lightstick, fluorescence of liquid fluorophore in glass ampoule only (before mixing) while under black light (yellow-orange line), fluorescence of plastic outer container of orange lightstick under blacklight (red line), and spectrum of reassembled chemoluminescent lightstick (glowing liquid poured back into original orange plastic vial) (darker orange line). This plot thus shows that the orange light from an orange lightstick (identical to the one in the above lightstick disassembly image) is created by a greenish-yellow light emitting chemoluminescent liquid partially inducing fluorescence in (and being filtered by) an orange plastic container.
bis(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl-6-carbopentoxyphenyl)oxalate (CPPO)A similar reaction can be achieved with bis(2,4,6-trichlorophenyl)oxalate (TCPO).

The dyes used in lightsticks usually exhibit fluorescence when exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Therefore even a spent lightstick will shine under a black light.

[edit] Fluorophors used
1-chloro-9,10-diphenylanthracene (1-chloro(DPA)) and 2-chloro-9,10-diphenylanthracene (2-chloro(DPA)) emit blue-green light with higher efficiency than unsubstituted DPA, dihydro(DPA) is purple [1]
1-chloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits yellow-green light, used in 30-minute high-intensity Cyalume sticks
2-chloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits green light, used in 12-hour low-intensity Cyalume sticks
1,8-dichloro-9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene emits yellow light, used in Cyalume sticks
2,4-di-tert-butylphenyl 1,4,5,8-tetracarboxynaphthalene diamide emits deep red light, together with DPA is used to produce white or hot-pink light, depending on their ratio

Jesus, I hope you didn't write that all out yourself!!

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
call me a dumbass, but i dont know how to sig :(

Press the "quote" button on someones post. Copy all that stuff that appears.
See where it says "User CP" at the top? Click that and go to edit signature. Paste what you copied and press save!

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, it's been 7 hours and it's still glowing!!!

The Casualty
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
z0mfg?!?!?!1!?1

(-:
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
z0mfg?!?!?!1!?1

l0olz pwwnnt!!!!1!11!!

(-:
01-27-2007, 11:27 PM
omg!
I just opened up my glow stick.. I have got to tell you that this is totally amazing! You must try it!

GibsonPuppeteer
01-27-2007, 11:29 PM
You finally did it? Don't make a mess, and make sure to clean all the goo off of your hands.

Love this thread.

(-:
01-27-2007, 11:32 PM
ahh! I let some sit on my finger for a while and it started to make a weird sensation on my finger lol... But its great. It goes onto anything, i got some on my white shirt, dresser, paper

CaptainWow
01-27-2007, 11:33 PM
You finally did it? Don't make a mess, and make sure to clean all the goo off of your hands.

And we have another contextually-challenged quote!

(-:
01-27-2007, 11:34 PM
hell yes! We should make a Glow Sticks Club! I poured some on my desk and I wiped it up with tissue and the tissue started glowing!!!!

edit: PM me to join the GSC (Glow Sticks Club)!

x_themetalfan_x
01-27-2007, 11:39 PM

I claim this contextually confused quote as my own. Thanks!

CaptainWow
01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
PM me to join the GTC (Glow Sticks Club)!

That's GSC.

(()()lY
01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satan: :satan: :peace: :peace:

societies_worm
01-27-2007, 11:43 PM
yea man, when i last broke one open it was by accident, I was like 11 or 12 and had it in my mouth, long story short i put a little crack in it with my teeth, and didnt find out to my mom saw that my teeth were glowing green, no harm done, it was actually pretty awesome, some of my teeth were glowing, but the cool part was i put some of the liquid on my body and it looked awesome as hell man, as far as i know, it does nothing, but it does burn the shit outta your eyes trust me

Rundle
01-27-2007, 11:44 PM
^^Good post.

hendrixrocks4
01-27-2007, 11:46 PM
i have opened them before and poured them on the ground so i could find my way back to my seat at the 4th of july, the ground glowed a bit and so did my fingers

(-:
01-27-2007, 11:46 PM

It's like 8 pm here, I just went outside and poured some on the street lol.. It didn't last long because of the rain :(

(-:
01-27-2007, 11:57 PM
sry for double post but....

I just found some neat things you can do with the glow sticks liquid thingy

1. Pour onto street on a dry night, make weird alien-ish signs to freak people out
2. Fill sink with HOT water and pour into sink (people will be wondering what the hell it is)
3. Write secret messages in them on paper and then turn off light to read

theres more stuff.. I covered my guitar pics in it but it doesn't stay. I think if you put a cover of something where the liquid is you can seal it in. Possibly a hot glue gun and clear glue sticks would work

GibsonPuppeteer
01-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I don't have to PM you seeing as how I made this thread what it is, but I'm joining.

(-:
01-28-2007, 12:03 AM
You didn't make it what this thread is.. but w/e

GibsonPuppeteer
01-28-2007, 12:05 AM
No, I meant I had the first and most quotes that were taken out of context... nvm.

(-:
01-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Once I get my cable for my camera I will upload some pics!

jhardcore
01-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Does it smell like ass?

That is the most immature thing I have ever seen in my whole life.

Grow up.

(-:
01-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I was just asking if it smelt horrible. Jeez

PopNFresh07
01-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I think your best bet is to use it as lube.

bodomlove
01-28-2007, 08:23 AM
get some pliers
i got it in my mouth it tasted like shit, it didnt effect me at all im still alive

ibanezn00b
01-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Should be alright we gt aload when i was at school, and opened them up, and thow em on people ..we glowed in the dark xD! NEVER HARMED us oo.....

jhardcore
01-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I was just asking if it smelt horrible. Jeez

Well any human with an IQ over 8 can realize that glow stick fluid is not going to smell like someone's anus.

stevo_epi_SG_wo
01-28-2007, 01:11 PM
i was at a lame party once, there was like this battle in my mind between tiredness and boredom, and sugar and caffeine from coke, i was practially drifting off to sleep when i was awakened by this spicy sensation om my face. i realesed that the glowstick i was twisting had popped and was coating my face in a fine mist of tingley (sp?) green liquid. i immediately washed it off and i was fine apart from my lip being a bit tender for a while. i dont think i swallowed any and i'm a.o.k now, but i sure as hell wouldn't reccomend opening one. they're probs pressurised to a degree by the reactions and stuff.

Mister.Y
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I just realised that this thread-title would be a great name for an album.... hmmm

chocolateman900
01-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Yer I think it's fine just don't get it in your mouth or eyes

We had a load at school once, my mate split one in geography and he thought it had dried so didn't care too much but got some in his mouth and then threw up, but like after throwing up he kinda put his head in his hands and like rubbed his eyes, then shat himself 'cause he got a load in his eyes too

It was brilliantly funny, but he said it ****ing wrecked for a while

cubs
01-28-2007, 01:35 PM
this thread is awesome :haha

captainkurt
01-28-2007, 01:41 PM
no danger. you can have it in your mouth on your hands whatever. prolly not the best to swallow it though. we do that in chem all the time

(-:
01-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey! Don't steal my name!

My glow stick lasted like 7 hours I think

(-:
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
no danger. you can have it in your mouth on your hands whatever. prolly not the best to swallow it though. we do that in chem all the time

Ewww! What do you do in your chemistry class?!

*taken out of context*

Kingyem0c0re
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
My mate put on his eyebrows to make them glow.

Needless to say the stuff ran down his face into his eyes.

He didn't stop screaming for about 10 minutes.

He is a bit of a girl though.

GiantRaven
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
um

[edit] Fluorophors used

That is the hottest thing i've ever read...

HardAttack
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
What are the dangers of opening a glow stick? I have one of those regular ones you buy at a walgreens or w/e for parties and stuff. I want to open one what and play with the glowy liquid. What are the dangers of this?

It's acidic. I got the liquid in my eye once when I was a kid because I unknowingly picked up a broken one, and later rubbed my eye. My parents were too far away from the emergency room, so they pulled over at a gas stations and layed me down on the sidewalk. They poured water into my eyes to flush them out. All the water and the crying I did probably saved my vision.

Don't **** with glow sticks, kids.

666Sabbath666
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Once I opened one and that shit inside sprayed me in the eyes, it burned like a bitch and I lost my eyesight for about 3 seconds in that eye, it was horrible

RedOrange
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM
um
blablabla~~

If you just wrote that from your mind, then you're a genious :eek:

papersun87
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
One time, me and some buddies were camping, and in the middle of the night, we rubbed that stuff all over ourselves and ran through the woods screaming. Freaked out some old people and kids. :D

^^*prepares to be quoted out of context*

rabidguitarist
03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
glow sticks give you cancer. by the way, im not joking.

sTx
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
um

[edit] Fluorophors used

Yawn. Wikipedia.

---
Depends if its toxic or safe; must say on the box.

darthbuttchin
03-09-2007, 12:43 PM
my friend bit one open once, didnt do him much good so im guessing just dont swallow said liquid

no_username
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Me and my friend had some, and we were bored so we dumped a green on in the toilet.

It was glowing green for about a week.

rustic_metal
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Well any human with an IQ over 8 can realize that glow stick fluid is not going to smell like someone's anus.

Its a saying. it means bad. :rolleyes:

LilVikingboy
04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I used this title as a title for one of my stories :D So thanks

face_haver
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
The main danger of opening a glow stick is it will start to glow. So if you are allergic to glowing i wouldn't recommend it.

Superpartydude5
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
My friends who worked at a haunted house put that stuff in their moths then spit it at the passers by so that it was dark and then just their mouths (with fake fangs in) were glowing

50's strat
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I was at church camp one time, and me and some of my buds ran down the hallway with a broked glowstick, getting all the stuff all over the walls. The walls were all glowy...it was some tight shit.

Lol you can freeze them and you can crack them again to re-use it. One time I had one and was cracking it and did it a bit too much, and I was in my parents bedroom. I was walking and smelled this weird plasicy smell and look and saw 2 drops on their NEW carpet, and some coming from the glowstick. :wtf:

Luckily I got a paper towel secretly and wiped it up and covered the glowstick. I had to freeze it again so it would stop leaking.

ResidentRocker
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
dude I did it a few times. I glowed and it was awesome but it burned like hell after a while. so put it on a shirt you don't mind getting ruined.

clincher09
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
What are the dangers of opening a glow stick?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/chevelle91/n.jpg

calebrocker
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
not much danger. i've opened em before, they don't blow up, and it doesn't eat your skin up. you can put it on things too...like your face, and then go outside in the dark. that looks cool. just be very careful not to get it in your eyes, because that stuff burns so bad if you get it in your eye.