Possible 1st setlist

PDA

View Full Version : Possible 1st setlist

Helloween_rox
01-28-2007, 07:08 PM
When my band finally comes together and we get a few songs together, we were thinking of doing this as our setlist on our 1st gig. Tell me what you think:

Greenday's "Good Riddance"
Greenday's "Brain Stew"
Original
Original
Original
Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness"
Blink 182's "Dammit"
Original

I'd like some feedback as to what you think and if we should do those songs in a different order.

Doolittle
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
why have good riddence first? that's more like a song to end a show even i know that and i hate green day

El Penguino
you shouldn't lcover songs that are THAT popular (mostly talkign about the green day)

noah22791
why would you play good riddance first, when its a goodbye song?

The_Crowing_IV
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Do Good Riddance just before the last song, and use your original song at the end as sort of an encore. Also, do Down With the Sickness as an opening song just becuase its heavy and will get the crowd's attention.

somethingcool76
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
open with an original, that seems obvious for me

EDIT: oh and wtf are you thinking with down with the sickness and dammit right next to each other

alter-bridge10
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
why dont you just wait until your band has enough original songs so that you dont have to play any covers

snowblind190
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
ew.

guitarshark2099
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
1) start with a fast paced short song around 2-3 minutes

2) don't start with good riddance

3) do only 1 green day song

4) otherwise so far so good but maybe try to throw in an odd band that most don't hear of like shine by collective soul or cult of personality by living colour

talentsix
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Drop good riddance and down with the sickness, do dammit first.

3l3phant
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
dude whatever you do, don't play "dammit", espiecially after a disturbed song. if you MUST play a blink song, you can find a better one (not like they take long to learn)

talentsix
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
No, keep dammit, it's a well known high energy song, just drop down with the sickness. Why would you play greenday and blink and disturbed, that's really weird.

Bass Cat
01-28-2007, 07:24 PM
i personally think that covering songs so well known just make peoples expectations too high. i'd do something not many people know, like nirvana's big cheese (bad example) or cocaine girl by nirvana. or you could pick a band not many people know of like PRimus :D

bongo_bear
01-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Greenday's "Good Riddance"
Greenday's "Brain Stew"
Original
Original
Original
Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness"
Blink 182's "Dammit"
Original

Playing Good Riddance first would be a bad idea. Like Doolittle said, that would be for the end of a show, not the start.

Playing another song after it by the same artist makes things look like you're gonna just be doing Green Day covers and from there you'll be thought of as being like them, unless you play something that sounds completely different. Also, that might not be a great idea because there'd be a complete contrast in styles.

Original, original, original... Disturbed? Okay, from having Green Day and Blink 182 songs to play Down With The Sickness is a bit of a leap. These songs aren't really... Similar... At all.

I suggest that you take out the Disturbed song, play Good Riddance at the end and play Dammit after your second 'original' song.

Also, it'd probably be better to start with an original.

It is up to you though. Follow my advice if you like or take someone else's, but I suggest you don't play that set the way it is.

Helloween_rox
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Well that's the point. My band wants to do a wide array of styles. We definitely want to keep dammit, down with the sickness, and brain stew. I'd like to play those 2 Disturbed and Blink songs back to back to get the crowd pumped before ending on an even heavier, higher energy song.

bongo_bear
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Take Good Riddance out completely then.

talentsix
01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
take out good riddance/down and throw in a song like chain me free by the matches

kmbuchamushroom
01-28-2007, 09:32 PM
i personally think that covering songs so well known just make peoples expectations too high. i'd do something not many people know, like nirvana's big cheese (bad example) or cocaine girl by nirvana. or you could pick a band not many people know of like PRimus :D
:D A band who plays Green Day and Blink trying to Play Tommy the Cat :devil:

Helloween_rox
01-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Ok then, how about replacing "Good Riddance" with Marylin Manson's "Beautiful People"? It's a really good, nice and heavy song that I can play perfectly, and it's a great crowd-pumper. How's this for a revised setlist:

Down With The Sickness
Original
Beautiful People
Original
Original
Brain Stew
Dammit
Original

somethingcool76
01-29-2007, 07:48 PM
secks.

Helloween_rox
02-02-2007, 11:53 PM
What would you guys suggest I do with this new setlist? I'd like to keep those songs, but would you suggest I just reorder them?

somethingcool76
02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
i think with those songs, thats the best order you can get from them

Bass Cat
02-03-2007, 04:26 PM
A band who plays Green Day and Blink trying to Play Tommy the Cat
haha i suppose i could have thought of that eh?? oh well, if your bassist is good, learn something like John The Fisherman or something