my wildest dreams have come true

PDA

View Full Version : my wildest dreams have come true

gtrfrk123
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
ok, maybe not wildest, but pretty damn close. i just talked to this one drummer (and he plays bass) from my school ,and i am officially in a band, we found a rythm guitarist and someone who is able to play bass. we will practice every saturday(no exceptions) for 2 hours at the least. what are some easy classic rock songs to play as a whole band? i suggest the GNR version of knockin on heaven's door. i guess thats all i have for now, i also would like tips on building a succesful band.

Gitter_Wizard
01-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Sounds like a pretty good "wildest dream" to me! You gotta start somewhere keep it up its good to see the passion nowadays in kids!

Guitar_Master92
01-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Tips? Write, write, write, write, write, play a show, write write write. Etc.

rage6945
01-29-2007, 10:53 PM
yo thats not very wild or exciting. you shouldnt have a practice schedule, and two hours is not enough time at all. and dont try to figure out easy classic rock songs write your own songs

812many
01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
^^ do you two even know what your talking about? Alot of GnR is pretty easy, Beatles, EC's cover of , maybe a little Zeppelin (hearbreaker, you shook me, black dog, etc.). Its good to have a practice schedule, be sure to stick with it. two hours at least sounds good to me, i dont really see a problem with it. Practice as often as you can, as long as you can. Good luck!

Faux
01-29-2007, 11:53 PM
do whatever u want man. Just have fun im in two bands one serious and one not so serious and we just jam out and have fun. Its really all about feelin the music IMO

GiantRaven
01-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Good for you man :)

gtrfrk123
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks guys
we are gonna write our own stuff, but just to get familiarized completely with style/ideas
we know eachothers musical tastes
but none of us have been in a real band before

METSOAD
01-31-2007, 03:29 AM
Rainbow in the Dark/Holy Diver by Dio
and good for you mate, i'm glad you've found yourself some decent people to play with

victoryaloy
01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
start off with the rythm guitar playing some chords in a key(2 or 3) should be fine.
Then have the drumer work a beat to it. After he gets settled in with it and once he/she's set run the pentatonics on top of it. Then switch it up a bit you take rythm and fill it in a little while they take over lead.
This will help you to get a feel of how to play together and will give you a taste of different styles among the group. Its very simple and very fun. and much easier than tring to learn a song the first day!!!

hope this helped!!!!!!!!!!!!