Dear Hardcore Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hardcore Forum

Disco Vietnam
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm officially done with the nonsene here. I find it extremely saddening that our most viewed threads are about Avengend Sevenfold and Trivium when stuff like The Carrier, Ceremony, Shipwreck and Verse don't even get 1/10th of that. On top of that, I'm sick to death of all these sodding fools who come here, think they know everything about Hardcore/Straight Edge or are obsessed with the latest deathcore band or who think Hardcore is about wearing tight jeans, texting on your sidekick and dying your hair.

Whenever I go to shows, all I see are faggots who are there to fit in. Chances are, they probably don't even listen or listen to any of the bands that are playing. It's ultimately the biggest popularity contest. They crowd the venue, start drama and bitch when they get hit. When I go to shows, I go there to sing my ****ing heart out. I will stage dive, I'll interact, hell I'll even converse with the bands that are playing before and after the show. That probably doesn't make sense, but whatever.

On a lighter note, I would like to thank a few people for showing me the ropes and in general, appreciating what Hardcore is really about. The list is as follows:

Craigo
Gomorrah
Kaktusnoop
Silent Spectacle
Cedence
123 Extol
Pink the Punk (Dai)
Martyr
DeadxWillxRise
Before
Dead Kennedy
Shai Savant
DBS Kicks Ass
JeffLucas
Stuart R
hXcMacbeth3
xMeatHookMartyx
ThisPerishedMin
Gymmeh

If I forgot some people, my condolences.

If you wish to keep in touch (haha) my AIM is POSI Luke and you are free to add my myspace if you wish. http://www.myspace.com/thefarpavillions Feel free to use either of those if you want anything uploaded, etc.

Cheerio chaps,

Luke (Disco Vietnam)

By the way, here are your words of wisdom...
Trivium is not Hardcore.
Avenged Sevenfold is not Hardcore.
Job For A Cowboy is ****ing awful, along with As Blood Runs Black and all the other shitty deathcore.
The new Lifetime is amazing and so is Final Fight.

EDITED TO ADD THE WORDS OF WISDOM :D

SadistNation
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
hey man, it's a shame you're leavin, iv'e enjoyed your presence, and learned a lot. And in your edit, i saw Final Fight......They are amazing, i love them. But the Lifetime stuff, iv'e never heard, do you happen to have any or could you direct me to a site of theirs?

before
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
wow man, this makes me really sad. I've learned alot from you and am forever in your debt. You (and everyone else on the list) have really changed the way I listen to music. I'm honored that I was even on the list! lol... but I'm gonna miss you man, as I'm sure everyone else will too. I agree with everything you said. it really is a shame you're leaving. I'll try and keep in touch. thanks for everything!

hXcMacbeth3
02-02-2007, 04:36 PM
^my thoughts exactly....you will be missed, i cant say i blame you for leaving though. you seem like a pretty straight guy...but yeah i think i have you on AIM and everything so ill definately try and keep in touch

the_astronaut
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd like to add to the people saying it's a shame you're leaving, I've seen you around and you have a pretty cool taste in music.

I don't blame you though.

But yeah, thanks for the recommendations, much appreciated.

DeadxWillxRise
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Awww that sucks man, hope I didn't contibute to your decision, if it helps I like deathcore way before it was a scene thing. Just keep your account and come back to say hi once in a while. But thanks alot for all your reccomendations and all you've done to help stop this forum from becoming the A7X only thread. All the best man, good luck with everything.

Edit: Also don't hesitate to come back at any time, it wont be arkward and it will make alot of people happy.

Knife2aGunFight
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Dear Hardcore board,
Listen to better music, the hardcore you do listen to is terrible as the threadstarter stated.
Love Jesse

Dear Hardcore,
be a better genre in general, stop making so many crap bands.
Love Jesse

Dear Threadstarter,
Lifetime = overrated. Especially the new record. *Power Chord rings out* Piiiiiiiiiicccccck sliiiiiiiiiiiiiideeeee *Power chords* *shite, generic vocals start* chugga chugga chugga.
other than that right on.
Love Jesse.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Shit man, that sucks. A serious pity that you're leaving, good taste in music, a great guy and always helpful when you're able to be. We're not supposed to allow goodbye threads but i'll allow this one as i'd say you're an exception to the rule.

Take it easy mate, i've added you on AIM so hopefully catch you on there soon. Take care,

Dai

Craigo
02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Lifetime are great....

Sorry to see ya go Luke. I've added you on myspace. I'm the queer Grindcore Craigo kid who can't grow long hair properly thanks to curls.

My AIM is FinalSelkies if you ever need recs or just wanna talk.

Sorry to see you go bro, but more regulars appear and more regulars leave.

Times are a'changing.

Craigo.

SilentSpectacle
02-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I remember the days when you were just a one poster :[
But you've been talking about this and so I kind of expected it.
I barely come on here anymore for the same reasons.
Love you man.

Killer_bacon
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
AMEN BROTHER

I hardly knew you (partially because i hate comeing here and when i do feel the urdge to i want to put a bullet in my head)

however what you say is really true...scene kids...deathcore(i used to like some death core but it all has kinda blended together with all these new bands)

also A7X...HOW THE **** DO PEOPLE STAND THEM

and less makeup coated kids at concerts the better...less drama...less whining

Craigo
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Looks like all of the regulars are leaving...

Regulars! I commend you to bring back this forum to it's former glory!

Go and hence forth!

To everyone, I'll be looking out for some fresh new stuff. I'm gonna be posting a lot, I want to see this board back to how it was. Back when every page in the threads had at least one comeback kid reference.

Old regulars, help me out here.

guitarwannabe16
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
wow man, this makes me really sad. I've learned alot from you and am forever in your debt. You (and everyone else on the list) have really changed the way I listen to music.

Everything I was going to say man. Its def. gonna suck having one less guy stand up for the great bands left in hardcore. Peace.

DeadxWillxRise
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I remember the days when you were just a one poster :[
But you've been talking about this and so I kind of expected it.
I barely come on here anymore for the same reasons.
Love you man.
Dude, we need you here, if one more cool person leaves then im leaving for sure. But I hate the fact that guys who listen to real music and genuinely have a love for the style are being forced away by little faggots who the other day decided avenged sevenfold were the best band in the world. It ****ing sucks, something needs to be done.

Gymmeh
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
But like.. the reason it's turning to shit is because old regulars are leaving, yes?

WHY NOT STAY AND HELP SHOW PEOPLE WHAT GOOD MUSIC IS :D

SilentSpectacle
02-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Dude, we need you here, if one more cool person leaves then im leaving for sure. But I hate the fact that guys who listen to real music and genuinely have a love for the style are being forced away by little faggots who the other day decided avenged sevenfold were the best band in the world. It ****ing sucks, something needs to be done.
I doubt i'll ever leave 100% :p:
I'm just not at my 10 posts a day anymore.

bloodstained
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
can anyone say it's just the internet?

Andrewbiles
02-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Regulars! I commend you to bring back this forum to it's former glory!

Go and hence forth!

To everyone, I'll be looking out for some fresh new stuff. I'm gonna be posting a lot, I want to see this board back to how it was. Back when every page in the threads had at least one comeback kid reference.

Old regulars, help me out here.

I agree with this stuff. I've never been into the whole metalcore or grind stuff so I'd love to see it regress a few years. Going to start a thread in the "Secret" Forum with an idea in it that will hopefully make everyone happy in terms of the B&A forums, and as the site is meant to be updated soon, I have my fingers crossed.

Goodbye Disco, sorry you feel that way and feel you have to leave homophobic crap in your departing piece, and sorry that I'm going to close this thread, but yeah, keep enjoying the music.