Madball

PDA

View Full Version : Madball

Craigo
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
If you don't know these NY tough guy legends, press ALT and F4 now.

Better than their path makers, Agnostic Front in my eyes. What about you?

the_astronaut
02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I dunno, I think I prefer Agnostic Front, but I've heard minimal Madball in comparison, any recommendations?

Craigo
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
'Behind These Walls' from Legacy.

Legacy wasn't too great though... Set It Off was pretty awesome.

the_astronaut
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks a lot man, I'll check it out.

:cheers:

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
astronaught, check out Pride (Times Are Changing), Unity, Set It Off and Down By Law. If you're looking for a good first album i'd recommend Demonstrating My Style followed by Set It Off.

Why is it that as soon as someone leaves there's a ton of good threads?

Killer_bacon
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
i like madball but agnostic front is better band. However they are better than vison of disorder.

the_astronaut
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM
astronaught, check out Pride (Times Are Changing), Unity, Set It Off and Down By Law. If you're looking for a good first album i'd recommend Demonstrating My Style followed by Set It Off.

Why is it that as soon as someone leaves there's a ton of good threads?
Thanks a lot as well man, I'll probably get a couple of albums this weekend, so that's a good place to start. :)

Gymmeh
02-02-2007, 07:14 PM
i like madball but agnostic front is better band. However they are better than vison of disorder.
Haha, VoD are gooood :D

Madball are heaps good. Yes, heaps good. My mate got reallllllllly into them about a year ago so whenever I went there I heard a lot of them. I enjoy it quite a lot.
And Agnostic Front were ruined for me by some douchebag lead singer of a band promoting them with a shirt whilst promoting a whole bunch of other shit at the same time. I didn't dig that crap.

DeadxWillxRise
02-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Freddy madball has a solo rap project here (http://www.myspace.com/freddymadball), don't get me wrong, I do love madball but I just cant help but laugh at that.

hatebreed219
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I love Madball and AF. Both bands are great. BUT, Madball has a little too much of a rap/hip-hop sound for me. Some of their songs almost sound like Freddy is rapping and he's just got a band behind him and not a DJ. I like AF more because they still have that punky-hardcore sound that I love.

emokid182
02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
madball is great, havn't caught them live

It sucked that they started opening for big metalcore bands after 'legacy'

DeadxWillxRise
02-03-2007, 12:32 AM
madball is great, havn't caught them live

It sucked that they started opening for big metalcore bands after 'legacy'
Wow, your from new york and you haven't seen em live yet? I suppose there are a shit load of other great NY bands.

before
02-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I've never heard of them :( ...... They sound good though. I can't listen to them right now because people are sleeping, but I'm looking forward to checking these guys out in the morning. :)

LPIndin
02-03-2007, 11:41 AM
theyre one of the 'tough guy' hardcore bands that i actually like. my gf's dad tried getting me into all the old hardcore stuff like that and most of it i couldnt stand. madballs good though.

before
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I listened to "Heaven Hell" off of Legacy. It was good, not something I could really get into though. I was wanting to listen to some of their earlier stuff but myspace wasn't letting me for some reason. But yeah, good band, not really my style though.

hardrock1315
02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
AF owns them in every single way, but Madball is still good, even though their lyrics and message are completely retarted.

Wow, your from new york and you haven't seen em live yet? I suppose there are a shit load of other great NY bands.

New York is a pretty big place, he might live upstate and not wanna drive 4 hours for a show in NYC. And most bands don't really go up there too much.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
...even though their lyrics and message are completely retarted.

Come on man, unity and brother/sisterhood in the hardcore scene is retarded? That's pretty much the only good message and easily the most important message in any scene or community.

hatebreed219
02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
New York is a pretty big place, he might live upstate and not wanna drive 4 hours for a show in NYC. And most bands don't really go up there too much.

Welcome to my life. I'm from upstate and I miss so many awesome shows because there's no way I could drive down to the city for a show.

meanmrmustad
02-15-2009, 01:19 PM
i don't like how Madball changed vocal style nowadays

Frenzied
02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
No care. Best band.

They're finally playing my hometown and I have to fucking miss it.

Hcmanu
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
AF is better imo. I love madball though. Pride is an awsome song

I<3Hobos
02-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Madball are one of the best Tough Guy Hardcore bands, and its a shame i missed them last night, i forgot who they came with, though i know Jamey Jasta was playing there(with his solo project).

And i guess I'm like the only guy that likes them over AF. I've never really listened to AF due to the dudes voice, though i do like that song "All is Forgotten" by them.

original=punk
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Come on man, unity and brother/sisterhood in the hardcore scene is retarded? That's pretty much the only good message and easily the most important message in any scene or community.

I know it's an old post, but while you may read those lyrics as promoting brotherhood, most people don't. Most people in the tough guy scene are just that, tough guys looking for a fight. find someone who isn't part of their crew or scene, and beat the **** out of them, trust me, I've seen it happen more than enough.

On the topic of madball, I don't dislike them, but I could care alot less about listening to them.

Frenzied
02-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Madball are one of the best Tough Guy Hardcore bands, and its a shame i missed them last night, i forgot who they came with, though i know Jamey Jasta was playing there(with his solo project).

And i guess I'm like the only guy that likes them over AF. I've never really listened to AF due to the dudes voice, though i do like that song "All is Forgotten" by them.
Please do not refer to Madball as "Tough Guy" ever again. Better yet, let's refrain from using that phrase at all in this forum.

SeveredSurvival
01-25-2010, 12:29 AM
I am ashamed that this thread only has 24 replies definitely one of the best hardcore bands ever.

Squifey
01-25-2010, 01:51 AM
True To The Game is my jam!

willingvictim
01-25-2010, 01:55 AM
SET IF OFF

mosh

SeveredSurvival
08-07-2010, 05:37 PM
do you know how stoked I am to see these guys with comeback kid?

SeveredSurvival
09-25-2010, 10:38 AM
When I saw them last night it was pretty much the most amazing thing ever.