How should we arrange this?

PDA

View Full Version : How should we arrange this?

RNRSoldier
02-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok, well, I made a thread awhile ago asking for song ideas, and we've decided on You Know You're Right by Nirvana, which we have no trouble with, and Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, which I need some advice on. We have a drummer (no help needed there), a bassist, and two guitars (one of which, me, is gonna sing it), and we're trying to play a song by a band with one guitar and a drummer. In the intro, it also sounds like bass, but I don't have the octave pedal for that, so here's what I'm thinking: Bass plays the main riff throughout the song, 2nd guitar (my friend) does nothing in the verse and I just sing; all three of us play in the chorus; 2nd does chords while I do the solo. That doesn't leave much for the 2nd to do, but I don't know whether to sacrifice the sound of the song to give him another lick or not. Any suggestions? I don't think he would mind not doing much, but I can imagine it would be kidna awkward standing there doing nothing for 3/4 of the song in front of most of the school

Das_Skittles
02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
why dont you play second guitar and sing while your friend plays lead?

That way everybody will be doing something.

RNRSoldier
02-02-2007, 08:12 PM
problem is that lead would play no more than second, if the bass is playing the main riff

Dutch_Apples
02-02-2007, 09:36 PM
You shouldn't arrange it in a similar fashion to how you arranged this post.

Avalanchi
02-02-2007, 10:39 PM
*Shrugs*

You could always do something called putting down your guitar and just singing. :-p

RNRSoldier
02-03-2007, 12:38 AM
^ need two guitars in the solo

Schiz31
02-03-2007, 01:24 AM
okay, heres an idea.

Audioslave covered it....i saw it on youtube once upon a time. keep the bass doing the riff, since it is essentially a bass part. Figure out what Tom plays in the audioslave cover, and have your other guitarist play that. Then you just sing for verses. on the choruses, you all play it, since the "big guitar" sound never fails, and do the solo exactly as you planned.

~Dan

Lams
02-03-2007, 06:46 PM
or you could use bass and guitar in the verses. thats what my band does.