Anyone sick of the metalcore singles game?

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sick of the metalcore singles game?

GoodCharloteSux
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Bands like Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, and etc. have really been getting on my nerves with thios whole "We are a metal band BS" And then Killswitch releases a pussy of an album and releases their softest song as a single. The Darkest Nights, a great song, but COME ON, Such a predictable single.

Whats my point, I am asking the members of UG to throw at me some straight up, riff orientated, in my face metalcore! Alomg the lines of As Blood Runs Black abnd stuff even like The AUtumn Offering with good vocals.

kaktusnpoop
02-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Botch!!!!!

taylorfrey66
02-02-2007, 11:44 PM
silent civilian
all that remains
through the eyes of the dead
and of course ten masked men
lol

shadowsoldier08
02-02-2007, 11:45 PM
"OK so guys, i love metalcore, but all of the real metalcore bands out there suck!", that is what u sound like my friend. dont be bashing the leaders of the genre if u dont like the shit. they are not metal, metal is completely dead, the only source of "metal" is the 1980's albums of metallica and pantera that occupy my car stereo, other than that, metal can only be classified as the collection of shit from metalcore/thrash/grindcore/etc. if u dont like this shit, then stop complaining and GTFO!

mr.joopy987
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
"OK so guys, i love metalcore, but all of the real metalcore bands out there suck!", that is what u sound like my friend. dont be bashing the leaders of the genre if u dont like the shit. they are not metal, metal is completely dead, the only source of "metal" is the 1980's albums of metallica and pantera that occupy my car stereo, other than that, metal can only be classified as the collection of shit from metalcore/thrash/grindcore/etc. if u dont like this shit, then stop complaining and GTFO!
I'm sorry, I didn't know that the Hardcore forum suddenly morphed into the Metal forum.

Anyways, I recommend Botch, Between The Buried And Me, Knights Of The Abyss, and Beneath The Massacre(if you want something a little heavier)

MOOSE ATTACK!!!
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
One word:

Unearth

metal Lover
02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
hear www.myspace.com/faithinchaosca

LedZeppelin
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
The Red mother****ing Chord.

DeadxWillxRise
02-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Eyes of the betrayer.

AcidBath443
02-03-2007, 01:31 AM
The Red mother****ing Chord.

Seconded.

Maybe some Mermaid In A Manhole or Soilent Green but thats probably getting a bit too metal now. They just have some core influences without being all deathcorey.

pitbull510
02-03-2007, 01:33 AM
psyopus is going to rip off ur face and cram it up ur ass, thas how in ur face it is

kRaff 21
02-03-2007, 02:39 AM
As Eden Burns. I don't know/care what genre they are but they're pretty rad. They're from my area too.

www.myspace.com/asedenburns

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
02-03-2007, 05:52 AM
XDeadlockX, XMaroonX, Between The Buried And Me. All I can really think of at the moment.

StuartR
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Both, Coalesce, 7 Angels 7 Plagues, Converge

LPIndin
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
all shall perish
glass casket
animosity
august burns red
misery signals
the acacia strain
the tony danza tapdance extravaganza
winter solstice

BladeSlinger
02-03-2007, 03:31 PM
All That Remains
The Agony Scene

I really like Killswitch and As I lay Dying though...

SilentSpectacle
02-03-2007, 06:27 PM
all shall perish
glass casket
animosity
august burns red
misery signals
the acacia strain
the tony danza tapdance extravaganza
winter solstice

+BTBAM
+After The Burial

=

Win

Embodiment
02-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Since you mentioned ABRB, I'll say:
Animosity
Black Dahlia Murder
All Shall Perish
Beneath The Massacre

synester_gates
02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
come on dude, bands dont want to be playing shit bars all their life, they try to go and get noticed without sacrificing their dignity

StuartR
02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I'd much rather play (an all ages show) in a bar then play to a bunch of kids there to pose and try **** each other. If it's good enough for Ian MacKaye, it's good enough for everyone.

Killswitch have basically sacrificed any dignity they had with most older fans anyway.

metalmaster362
02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
unearth is my best bet, or darkest hour

Craigo
02-04-2007, 05:44 AM
City Of Catapillars

BR00TAL
02-04-2007, 07:19 AM
As Eden Burns are fucking sweet. Very thrashy metalcore type stuff.

Cedence
02-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Converge

/thread

Bottled Ink Co.
02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Botch!!!!!

Dude, I've only seen you post about three or four times, but it's always been about Botch. Srsly.

"Metal is completely dead"? The reason you're under the illusion that it is is because you listen to two bands and never look for anything else.

jefflucas
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Converge

/thread

Listen to Cedence.

nephi
02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
honestly, there is nothing left nowadays that can be even jokingly called metal.. it died way back in the late 80's..

mr.joopy987
02-04-2007, 09:00 PM
honestly, there is nothing left nowadays that can be even jokingly called metal.. it died way back in the late 80's..
Wrong.
So wrong it hurts.

HavenSake
02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
"The Darkest Nights" wasn't their lead single, "Confined" was. Which is one of the record's heaviest tunes

LedZeppelin
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Yes, if you're an idiot.

STABxYOU
02-04-2007, 10:21 PM

Who cares, metal is lame. -.-

kaktusnpoop
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Dude, I've only seen you post about three or four times, but it's always been about Botch. Srsly.

thats cuz i only post BOTCH!!!

and nothing else

mike130
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Killswitch > you

How can you can call their last album "a pussy of an album"?

But All That Remains, Unearth are very riffy.

If you think metal is dead, you are an idiot. Simple as that. I'm guessing all the death metal that came up after the 80's should be considered pop-punk then.

cloud041089
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Caliban, older It Dies Today (Caitiff Chior album),

unfathomable_bo
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Martyr AD

BR00TAL
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM

No...no. Please refrain from commenting about something you have no knowledge on whatsoever, makes you look like less of an idiot.

Unearth have always been my favourite Metalcore band. All That Remains' new material is spectacular.

ibaRGnez321
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
The new Nightrage album is straight-up Metalcore.

xX_JIMI_Xx
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Heaven Shall Burn are my favourite.

They are right on the edge of hardcore/metal.

I would say they are not very 'riffy' more 'wall of sound' if that makes sense

ThisPerishedMin
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
so after a short hiatus i have returned to UG. after reading this thread...im contemplating continuing...

*sadface*

Killer_bacon
02-05-2007, 05:46 PM
i don't get this whole bash killswitch thing

i picked up there alive or just breathing album around when it came out and loved it (i was like 12 i have always been knowen to listen to weird music cause everyone was listening to blink 182 at the time). Then i picked up the end of heartache album and still loved it it was just a change(however parts of it were still sketchy). However they fixed all the the problems i had with that album in As daylight dies. The middle sags abit in quality but overall its solid. In otherwords you people need to open your mind to change. Killswitch is a solid band that started hevier and got more melodic as time went on. Peope hate them because they want a more brutal sound or they think they are cool by hating popular bands.

However this same logic can be appled to A7X but they straight up suck

Bottled Ink Co.
02-05-2007, 07:24 PM
^People are allowed to not like a band, dude. lol And I really can't stand Killswitch Engage...I don't like anything about them except occasionally Adam D and Stroetzel write a decent riff (i.e. Breathe Life).

Usually I just give a sarcastic, paragraph-long rebuttal....But this time, I'm just going to say that you're an idiot. Of course, I know that you're just going to post that and not reply to any of these, but on the off-chance that you do, what the hell do you consider "metal"?

StuartR
02-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Not everyone listens to heavy music all the time anyway, so just because a band add some more melody isn't the reason people don't like them, it's the way it's done.

Earlier I went from listening to Fugazi to Watain's first album, then to Erasure (80's group) to Weezer, so melody has nothing to do with it.

Killer_bacon
02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
^i'm the same way The arcade fire to winds of plaugue to tool to mastodon to dead hearts

meh whatever i just find that in alot of people (the deathcore fans) seem to be anti melody which makes no sense to me you can have the best of both worlds

Bottled Ink Co.
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
^2x Dude, Watain! AND Erasure, all in one post! Sweet.

Yeah I listen to basically anything, as long as I like it. A lot of people I know at school try to pigeonhole me as someone who likes "screamy music" and nothing else. And then one day they catch me listening to The Shins in my car and are taken aback! Honestly, people who accuse listeners of heavy music of being narrow-minded are often pretty narrow-minded themselves. It doesn't matter whether the genre is metal or radio rock, if you're only listening to one genre you're severely limiting your musical horizons...If indeed, there is more than just a casual interest in the first place.

So anyway, I don't like Killswitch Engage but it's not because they're melodic, it's because I just don't care for them. I even decided to give them a chance about two years ago and went out and actually shelled out thirteen bucks for The End of Heartache, so it's not like I haven't even TRIED to like them or anything.

Dark Addiction
02-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Chimaira