Set List

PDA

View Full Version : Set List

El Penguino
02-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Hello,

My band just got a new guitarist who has not been playing very long at all, i play bass and me and the drummer teach him parts.
we have not written anything good enough to perform yet, and our school is having a botb in march and their is little competition, we have the songs we're doing completly down and i was wondering about an order.

the songs are
HaHa Your Dead-Green Day (really fun song, and not a well known green day)
Gotta Get Away-Offspring.
Dammit (overdone, but so damn fun)

Only Aloud 3 songs, and for encores in case we win we're thinking around, suggestions on those would be nice too.

Dutch_Apples
02-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't do the green day song that isn't well known. Maybe save it for the encore if they really like you. I would do something from the classic rock era that people will enjoy but keep it easy. Since you guy sare just starting I wouldn't focus on winning. More as in seeing how you perform on stage and what you should and shouldn't do. Watch other bands for this as well. Don't be one of those little pricks who get there 10 minutes before set up.. play.. and then leave. I've seen too many band members do that and I always think less of them. Half of the time they are either not good to begin with or carry a very arrogant attitude. Even more arrogant than me.

Be sure to have a friend video your performance. Actually I found it's also good to have 2 people video tape it so you can get different prespectives of what the audience was seeing.

El Penguino
02-03-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks for the advice, was gonna have someone video tape it and another take pictures, but i know what you mean for the arrogance part, last year i was a player but didnt participate, i chose to work on my skills longer ad im happy for it, and they were all show offs that werent very good

mw7
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
how about an original? Also something easy but metal, like For Whom the Bells Toll by Metallica.

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Hello,

My band just got a new guitarist who has not been playing very long at all, i play bass and me and the drummer teach him parts.
we have not written anything good enough to perform yet, and our school is having a botb in march and their is little competition, we have the songs we're doing completly down and i was wondering about an order.

the songs are
HaHa Your Dead-Green Day (really fun song, and not a well known green day)
Gotta Get Away-Offspring.
Dammit (overdone, but so damn fun)

Only Aloud 3 songs, and for encores in case we win we're thinking around, suggestions on those would be nice too.

have a go at anthem by Zebrahead

ECistheBest
02-05-2007, 04:02 AM
yea an original would boost ur points for the battle of bands.
or do some blues classic with some hard rock twist.
but i guess u guys are in more of modern rock...
i would still go for blues though.