Underneath The Gun

PDA

View Full Version : Underneath The Gun

DeadxWillxRise
02-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Awsome band, some really great sweeps and some good breakdowns in their newer stuff, Check em out!!! (http://www.myspace.com/utg)

Craigo
02-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Great sig bro.

Yeah, UTG are probably the best deathcore band. Great to see that they actually realise they are following a trend too, and play around with the fact.

DeadxWillxRise
02-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Great sig bro.

Yeah, UTG are probably the best deathcore band. Great to see that they actually realise they are following a trend too, and play around with the fact.
Yeah, thats what I love about em, same with this band The World We Knew (http://www.myspace.com/theworldweknew), a scene band full of anti-scene kids.

SadistNation
02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah dood i love these guys, definitly one of the best Deathcore. And yes, their sweeps are pretty sweet, iv'e heard better, but not out of many deathcore bands.

DeadxWillxRise
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
yeah dood i love these guys, definitly one of the best Deathcore. And yes, their sweeps are pretty sweet, iv'e heard better, but not out of many deathcore bands.
What are you talking about? Deathcore's renound for awsome sweeps, like my band. :p:

guitarwannabe16
02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
UTG is sick. SilentSpectacle turned me on to them. The intro to Prepare the Bodies is one of the best ones ive ever heard. Im gonna pick up their cd soon, or if someone has it could you sent it to me?

SadistNation
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
i know deathcore is ridled w/ sweeping but i just can't get over Necrophagist's sweeping, it's so sick. But i do agree that Deathcore is known for it. Oh and i'm a big deathcore guy but i would like a little more and you'd definitly be the one to ask so i'm really really into melo-death like Darkest Hour and Himsa could you reccomend me some stuff real quick and then we could get back to UTG

Craigo
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I reckon tech death metal has the fastest sweeps meself.

SadistNation
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
that is very true, my friend, very true

DeadxWillxRise
02-06-2007, 01:39 AM
i know deathcore is ridled w/ sweeping but i just can't get over Necrophagist's sweeping, it's so sick. But i do agree that Deathcore is known for it. Oh and i'm a big deathcore guy but i would like a little more and you'd definitly be the one to ask so i'm really really into melo-death like Darkest Hour and Himsa could you reccomend me some stuff real quick and then we could get back to UTG
Sorry, I missed something there, were you asking me for reccomendations or someone else? :confused:

pmeg568c
02-06-2007, 02:08 PM
this band is pretty good, but honestly imo they arent as good as everyone makes them out to be. the sweeps arent like insanely good or anything, breakdowns are ridiculously cliche, and some of the songs (discordant) have breakdowns that totally stray from the key of the rest of the song, and not even in an ok way, its fine to have chords that dont fit, but it just sounds bad.

guitarwannabe16
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Considering that none of them are above 18 (I think?) they are extremely talented. Even if UTG didnt work out they have a really bright future.

SadistNation
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
DeadxWillxRise, i was asking you. But hey if Craigo has any reccomendations, i'd be happy. But iv'e seen more of you dealing w/ deathcore so yeah i was asking you. But i don't want this to turn into some reccomendation thread, cuz it is about UTG, so you could just pm some or just post a few.

The_Wicker_Man
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Eh, this band is okay.

Nothing too spectacular, though.

DeadxWillxRise
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
this band is pretty good, but honestly imo they arent as good as everyone makes them out to be. the sweeps arent like insanely good or anything, breakdowns are ridiculously cliche, and some of the songs (discordant) have breakdowns that totally stray from the key of the rest of the song, and not even in an ok way, its fine to have chords that dont fit, but it just sounds bad.
Actualy this band does some amazing stuff with keys, if you listen closely you'll realise how many subtle key changes there are

pmeg568c
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
yea i know they do some really cool stuff, i really like how they can do that, and i hate to sound like a douche, but i have a really good ear for music, i just think that some of the changes are a little too much. not all of them, but some

fourstringpunk
02-06-2007, 09:58 PM
their new shit is a damn site better than their old stuff, but that's not sayin a lot.

MY band is playing with them in May so I'll say they rule and leave it at that :)

DeadxWillxRise
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
yea i know they do some really cool stuff, i really like how they can do that, and i hate to sound like a douche, but i have a really good ear for music, i just think that some of the changes are a little too much. not all of them, but some
Yeah, and that fact that what they're doing is cool doesn't necciserily reflect on how it sounds at all. To sadist nation: i'll put a little list together and send it to ya when I get a chance.

SadistNation
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
alright Deadx.....i found a talented deathcore group, with a massive sweeping song.
With Passion
myspace.com/withpassion

sorry if you already knew about them. But they are definitly a prime example of good deathcore sweeping.

eh, on second thought....they aren't too deathcore, it seems too happy, but they do have good sweeps.

DeadxWillxRise
02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
alright Deadx.....i found a talented deathcore group, with a massive sweeping song.
With Passion
myspace.com/withpassion

sorry if you already knew about them. But they are definitly a prime example of good deathcore sweeping.

eh, on second thought....they aren't too deathcore, it seems too happy, but they do have good sweeps.
Yeah, they're a great band eh, they're not quite deathcore IMO but as you said the lead guitar work makes up for any brutalness they lack.

SadistNation
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
^^
yeah definitly does. And yeah i went back a looked and they're more metalcore than anything, but good none the less.

DeadxWillxRise
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm still definatley happy for you to call them deathcore, many enthusiasts of the style like me want to claim them. :p:

SadistNation
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
yeah, i do as well, they'd be good for us

guitarwannabe16
02-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Man, I just got their album a few days ago and was kind of dissappointed. The breakdowns were tight, but there seemed to be so many of them and the riffs were a tad cliche. I still like them and they're one of the better deathcore bands out there but I was a little let down.

fourstringpunk
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I need to know the names of two of their songs.

One of the songs in the beatdown says something like "Cutting her up! Cutting from under her face!". The rhythm is like :

****/ / /*******.****///*******

(*=chug, /=hi hat, .=pause) this is in eigths at about 120 BPM

This may sound vague haha but this is how me and my mates tab out breakdowns.

The other song has a really high pitched cowboy style "yaaaahoooooo!" at about 45 seconds in.

I know i sound an idiot but i need their titles.

guitarwannabe16
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
The first one is the ending breakdown in Muckraker and the second one is called Faceless.