Funny band practise's

PDA

View Full Version : Funny band practise's

SillyRabbit
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Me and my old drummer were playing in his basement, and then we decided to video tape Me playing the drums and him playing guitar, His parents knew i played guitar and when they heard how bad they thought their kid was they came running down. only to find me ahahhaah lol and they said. Thank god its only ryan lol it was amazing we even had it on camera only andy deleted it so we could actually use it to record an actual practise,

*note* Using a camcorder to tape a jam session can be good for later viewing, to see what you're doing wrong. It can also be bad and embarrasing HEHEH

Edit. just post funny band practise moments

emil_sej
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
What?

SillyRabbit
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
lol just read the edit

AdamDK
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
My drummer was smashing out at the drums, then his drum sticks flew accross the room and hit our bass player.

tilleking
02-04-2007, 01:12 PM
My drummer was smashing out at the drums, then his drum sticks flew accross the room and hit our bass player.

Happens all the time with us...

lol

Sweetbabyjezuz
02-05-2007, 12:27 AM
At the last practice our drummer was rocking out and i guess (don't know much about drums) on one of his drums or cymbals there was like a paper circular piece that he ended up smacking out of the drum, and it spun across the room like a frisbee and landed like a horseshoe onto the rhythme guitarists guitar neck.

anoceanapart
02-05-2007, 02:07 AM
I guess nothing funny really...except for the practice we stopped playing and watched Spinal Tap.

That was 2 hours of funny.

Dutch_Apples
02-05-2007, 02:14 AM
When musicians practice with me, they know nothing is going to be funny because I'm serious. The only funny things have been out of our control. One was when a friend of our band came rushing to practice one day and told the guitarist he better hurry up and come with him because some crazy furnisher store owner was going through his car since he had illegally parked.

The other one had to do with locations where I have practiced with people before. The worst was when one of my friends was slightly homeless and him and his dad were living in the crab/seafood processing plant where they lived. Imagine practicing in a crab cooler that constantly smelled like fish.

GiantRaven
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
I had band practise on my birthday so I bought cake and party poppers

:p:

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 11:38 AM
i feel over the drum kit during a bass solo at a rehersal a while, i kept going and somehow our drummer kept the rythm going while trying to get me off (i was sober at the time)

t3hrav3n
02-05-2007, 04:55 PM
i was practicing at my drummer's house with his sister upstairs. after we had finished a song, his sister said that she thought that we were playing a cd really loud and that we sounded professional.

she knows nothing about music, however, and it would've meant more coming from someone who did.

also, we stopped practice one time to make a movie in which i taught my bandmates how to play their instruments (it was funny, because the premise was that i made them play much worse). i was walking off camera and i walked by the drummer's kit and knocked over a few of his symbols. i kept a totally straight face and continued off screen. giggling and picking up of symbols ensued.

SGRocker407
02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh jeez.

The first band I was ever in, was made up of me and my best friends. We would constantly take breaks from practice to discuss what was going on while getting some sodas and whatnot. Well, one night, we decided to run down to the corner store and grab some energy drinks. We did, getting home an hour later after almost being hit by a car, and having people chase us becuase we were playing air instruments in the streets. When we got home, we decided to play rock-paper-scissors for the energy drinks. Once they were all separated, we drank them all. Literally, everyone had at least 6. The next 4 hours were filled with laughing at things that weren't funny at all, throwing the cans at people that messed up, and eventually just crashing on the floor, still wearing our instruments.

Once more, on a different day, we decided to go to Taco Bell (pre-ecoli). We took a small voice recorder with us, that we were using to get acoustic concept ideas down that night. We ended up making a 3-part triligoy, we named "The Taco Bell Adventure," Which features us eating, saying stupid jokes, almost hitting an old lady in a parking lot, and listening to Slayer WAY too loud. Ah, what fun.

Mr.Rodgers
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
When musicians practice with me, they know nothing is going to be funny because I'm serious.

Wow. You sound a barrel of laughs...

The point was to post funny accidental things that have happened at practices. Like the one time my drummer was doing a drum roll and he leaned too far back and fell back off his throne. Was fuccking hilarious.

Dutch_Apples
02-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Wow. You sound a barrel of laughs...

Look at my signature.

Metal Massacre
02-06-2007, 02:30 PM
About three days ago my synth/vocalist pulled down his pants during practice.

We saw his hairy ass.

It was way funny.

Dutch_Apples
02-07-2007, 03:44 AM
About three days ago my synth/vocalist pulled down his pants during practice.

We saw his hairy ass.

It was way funny.

That's not as much funny as it is sick. Hasn't he ever heard of Nair for Men?

The most UNintentionally funny band practice I have ever been to is when one of my bands decided to practice in mid-July when the temperature was going above 100 degrees. At the time they were practicing in a shed and the dumbass who owned it didn't put the air conditioner in like he said and left all the windows closed. It was hotter in the shed than it was outside. So they started to practice outside in 100 degree weather with all these gnats and flies around. There was also a little kiddie pool next to them. After that occasion I knew I had to do something better than that. But it's dedication? Side note: They broke up a few months later and only had 1 gig.

Mr.Rodgers
02-07-2007, 08:12 AM
The most UNintentionally funny band practice I have ever been to is when one of my bands decided to practice in mid-July when the temperature was going above 100 degrees. At the time they were practicing in a shed and the dumbass who owned it didn't put the air conditioner in like he said and left all the windows closed. It was hotter in the shed than it was outside. So they started to practice outside in 100 degree weather with all these gnats and flies around. There was also a little kiddie pool next to them. After that occasion I knew I had to do something better than that. But it's dedication? Side note: They broke up a few months later and only had 1 gig.

Who said I was right? lol.

Yeah, I've had many of them practices. But dedication all the way, it was like a competition who could get the sweatiest. (sp?)

civildp1
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
LOLZ one time our bass player tried to play the geetar and he sucked!!! ROFLCOPTER

... :rolleyes:

take_it_t
02-11-2007, 07:46 PM
We were playing a song, and than immediately after we played the last note the drummers cell phone rings with the ring tone of the song we had just played, it's all recorded too.

JagStang5246
02-13-2007, 10:51 PM
My band has had many but the one that truly sticks out is when I had bought a pos tape recorder from walmart, and we had just got done jamming and just told odd stories and taped it all. One of the most memorable stories is when our bassist told the story of how his dog beats off then gets horrible shakes. lol, I think you'd have to be there to fully realize the fun that was had.

The way to hate
02-13-2007, 11:54 PM
My band started an egging army on Christmas eve and us (and 9 others) went round and raped the whole town with eggs.

I win.

BeatleLover1029
02-14-2007, 12:05 PM
one time i was at my friends house (i play guitar, he drums) and while playing a song:

1. My guitar strap fell off.
2. He dropped a drumstick
3. He dropped another drum stick
4. My string broke
5. His hi hat fell over
6. I tripped over my cord
7. My amp fell over
8. He dropped a third drumstick
9. We called it quits

Weve decided not to play that song again.

tilleking
02-14-2007, 06:43 PM
one time i was at my friends house (i play guitar, he drums) and while playing a song:

1. My guitar strap fell off.
2. He dropped a drumstick
3. He dropped another drum stick
4. My string broke
5. His hi hat fell over
6. I tripped over my cord
7. My amp fell over
8. He dropped a third drumstick
9. We called it quits

Weve decided not to play that song again.

lol. sounds like a blast.

Kidzelda
02-14-2007, 11:50 PM
I played a swing version of For Whom the Bell Tolls once, that was tons of fun.

anoceanapart
02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
We stopped practicing and watched This is Spinal Tap.

JeffReigns
02-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Geez do I have some stories for you...

A couple of band practices ago, we we're all playing with a 20Qs ball... well, that ended up getting way out of hand... at one point we were trying to make it guess 'breast', so we went through... question 25 rolls around, so for luck I put it between this chicks boobs... lo-and-behold, after giving it so many answers pointing to breasts, it says to us "You are thinking of... DIK DIK!"... a riot ensued.

A couple practices before that, our singer had a couple of his friends over... well, we all decide to get naked(including our singers wife) while our singers friend and some chick are in his bed ****ing... so we end up getting a camera and going in there and filming some of it. All of us standing in there, stark naked, filming. Our singer even took the camera and got some close-ups of the action... until the guy kicked the camera and made us leave.

Avalanchi
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Half these aren't even practices... they are just you hanging with your friends.

no1flyhalf
02-15-2007, 11:02 PM
i was in a band...once. it was basically me on guitar, my friend on bass, and my other friend on guitar (whats missing...). we had one practice, and that turned out to be just a long discussion about what our name should be. it wasnt so funny at the time, but then again, hindsight's 20/20, so we get a pretty good laugh everytime we think of that day.

greendayguitar
02-16-2007, 04:47 PM
we play in a small garage, and right in the middle of a song, our drummers loves to fart. It's so hard to concentrate on what you're playing when that's lingering in the air.

NathanWolff
02-17-2007, 11:53 AM
One time at band practice, our bass player was late. So while waiting for him before hand we decided we were going to play a trick on him and tell him because he was late we were kicking him out of the band. He finally showed up and with my straightest face ever and concerned eyes, I told him he was out of the band for being late. He was all like "what?" yeah, he didn't buy it though. It was pretty funny.

gallagher2006
02-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Wasn't at band practise, but at a jam after school with about 10 people this dude brought in two of his own guitars from home, so one of my mates took his guitar cos he broke a string. Fair enough he said. Then another guys guitar wouldn't work so he took the kids second guitar.

Then the kid went ALL the way home and got his old squier strat, and brought it in.

The 1st guitarists lead wouldn't work so he took the poor kids lead before he got back. Then he had to go home and get another lead, and by the time he came back wehad had enough and went up town, leaving this poor guy to take 3 guitar 2 leads and a bass guitar home :haha

Was SOOOO funny like