My Bands MySpace Layout

PDA

View Full Version : My Bands MySpace Layout

Macbethstx
02-04-2007, 07:00 PM
http://myspace.com/thetransitionmusic

How do you like it? It's going to almost match our CD cover when it comes out. Do you think it's good quality for a band?

Also we want more friends! Add us!

JackFlash19
02-05-2007, 02:24 AM
meh, its ok. I'm not saying ours is so much better, but check out this bands myspace- myspace.com/faktiondallas Not only is it badass but they are almost hands down the best rock band out of dfw in a while.

Dutch_Apples
02-05-2007, 03:26 AM
When your only gig is a battle of the bands and you have a sound clip like that, your myspace layout is the LAST thing you need to be concerned about.

GiantRaven
02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
When your only gig is a battle of the bands and you have a sound clip like that, your myspace layout is the LAST thing you need to be concerned about.
A guy can dream though... :p:

But yeah, get some more songs up!

Macbethstx
02-05-2007, 10:22 AM
We can record whenever we want to but we are pretty focused on getting a drummer. The reason we only have one gig is because we don't have a drummer and I am learning all of the drums for that battle and our rhythm guitarist is playing bass for that gig, that's not how we want to permanently have our line up as.

Also what's wrong with that riff? It's just a riff from our slow song that we're in the process of writing.

HuskerDu
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Also what's wrong with that riff? It's just a riff from our slow song that we're in the process of writing.

It sounds like the 'slow riff' every other band has nowadays.

Macbethstx
02-05-2007, 10:27 AM
We'll have to wait and see how the rest of the song goes I guess. :)

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 11:45 AM
the riff is pretty good, your myspace layout is unimportant compared to your music, just stick with a nice simple one and go for the music instead of the myspace (although do use it to promote your band, its useful)

fru_rocks
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
http://myspace.com/thetransitionmusic

How do you like it? It's going to almost match our CD cover when it comes out. Do you think it's good quality for a band?

Also we want more friends! Add us!

It kind of amazes me that you bothered to even create a page and make the layout, when you're hardly even a proper band without a drummer ...

My two cents ...

GiantRaven
02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
We can record whenever we want to but we are pretty focused on getting a drummer. The reason we only have one gig is because we don't have a drummer and I am learning all of the drums for that battle and our rhythm guitarist is playing bass for that gig, that's not how we want to permanently have our line up as.

Theres nothing wrong with it

It's just the only thing there is up there...you really need more

Concentrate on that first :)

Macbethstx
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
It kind of amazes me that you bothered to even create a page and make the layout, when you're hardly even a proper band without a drummer ...

My two cents ...

We had a drummer and we were doing frequent shows for a long time but he had to leave because of personal reasons. Why don't you actually look into things before you say them or just not assume things.

Thanks for the rest of your input.

Avalanchi
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Worry about vocals and a drummer, not albums and layouts.

Macbethstx
02-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Vocals? We have 2 vocalists, and the drummer I already explained after about having the band together for 6 months he had to quit. The layout has been in the works for about 2 months, it's just recent the drummer quit.

Where did you get albums from? I just said when we do make one that's what it will look like.

tilleking
02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I say myspace layout is very important - it's the biggest thing on the internet! Practically everyone in the English speaking world has a myspace! I'm sure everyone's heard the phrase 'don't judge a book by its cover', but who the hell takes notice of that? My point is that people DO judge a book by its cover. If you have a snazzy myspace layout people are gonna think you're great! Yes, music IS important, but look! :

Record whenever they want to! In my opinion, a good myspace page is important to any band, whether you're good, or bad; whatever. I once read an article in "Guitarist" magazine, which was about a band's myspace. And it does say how you never know who is going to look at your profile, and you want to make a good impression!

Anyway, my opinion: love your profile - looks excellent. And I do actually like the sample riff. So what if you don't have a drummer? You just want something on myspace, right? For example: check out my band's myspace page: The Pandemics (http://www.myspace.com/thepandemicsUK). Before we got a drummer or bassist, four of us (that's right, we have three guitarists) recorded that song with a f***ing webcam! It doesn't sound too great, but who cares - that's our music.

:peace: