I need opinions on a band name! Please come!!!

PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions on a band name! Please come!!!

tom-the-lawn
02-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I was thinking of calling my band rapture

rapture is a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion.

which is pretty cool

except these other fags took the name (I googled it) and they're pretty big in some places

so I went on a online thesauras thing and put in rapture

One of the words that came up is ecstasy

ecstasy is an overpowering emotion or exaltation; a state of sudden, intense feeling.

I also thought that was pretty cool. (I'm aware its also a drug)

Our band is sort of light metal band (no screaming but heavy guitar).

Give me your thoughts on ecstasy as a band name (unless your one to think a band name like Cannibal Corpse is cool).

guitarshark2099
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM
i've never heard light metal.

that must be a play on hard rock. :cool:

Bass Cat
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM
not too bad, but pretty cliche in my opinion

kevinm4435
02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
You'll get confused with XTC. Call your band Lüd Konduc'd.

sk8r
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
:no: I don't think the name of a drug is a good band name. If their weren't a drug called ecstasy it would be fine.

theevilgenius32
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Ecstasy could be a bit powerful.. and drug related .. and I actually am familiar with rapture they're not so bad.. light metal band hmm names like Break or The Fall or The Long Way could be neat.. but if you want to go with feelings or intense emotion try Euphoria or Elation or something like that

Costanza
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
you're s.o.l. there's already a band named ecstacy somewhere in scandanavia

Tedward
02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Rapture is already a band, they are pretty good, i ?think? they are local around here where i live

oh and by the way CANNIBAL CORPSE IS AN AWESOME BAND NAME however not the best

powerhalf
02-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Apart from the drug thing, to me at least, "ecstasy" is exactly how you described except that it has sexual connotations. Kind if like how it's a little different if we say that something enjoyable rather than pleasurable.

nightwind
02-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Those are fairly generic names, in my opinion. Don't try and let your name speak for your music, it always comes out cheesy. Do we need anymore metal bands with words like "dark" "hateful" "pain" etc in their names? I really don't think so, but if your band doesn't seek to have much of an identity, then go for it. That's not sarcasm either, some people seek to just jump into the pool, while others enjoy its less-traveled streams.

By the by, wrong forum. Moved.

JackFlash19
02-05-2007, 02:32 AM
I dunno, if you were a teenage band, I think ecstasy would be quite humorous....

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 03:48 AM
the long way sounds like a good option

ktjackfan
02-05-2007, 03:53 AM
i always liked the name "Midnight Fistfight" but i think it would more fit a punk style . Maybe?

Sharp_as_steel
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I think a bizarre name is a good thing, gets you attention. My dads band name was herpes, and even though they had no record deal or anything, a columnist from the daily (respected) newspaper had a column on their name.

Think Joy Division (band and a division of hooker for the nazi army), they would never have gotten big without their name.

Ecstasy is not a bad name, but you would like to rearrange the letters a bit to fit a modern crowd: Xstazy, or something like that...

tilleking
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
My dads band name was herpes, and even though they had no record deal or anything, a columnist from the daily (respected) newspaper had a column on their name.

lol. We were gonna call our band "The Contraceptives". If we had, we might have stopped herpes it its tracks. lol.

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 12:16 PM
lol. We were gonna call our band "The Contraceptives". If we had, we might have stopped herpes it its tracks. lol.

lol true

GiantRaven
02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
except these other fags took the name

Oh shut the **** up dude

Don't be bitter about it, it's a crappy name anyway

I think 'Ecstacy' is a cool name, somebodies probably taken it though -_-

...but not according to wikipedia

So go for it!

tilleking
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I think 'Ecstacy' is a cool name.