[GP,MIDI] Cold Fire (relaxing song)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP,MIDI] Cold Fire (relaxing song)

WlCmToTheJungle
02-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I think this is one of the best pieces ive ever written. Crit for Crit

Enjoy

ATTENTION : THE SONG HAS BEEN RECORDED AND YOU CAN FIND IT HERE
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528040

Doofus
02-04-2007, 11:50 PM
O_O dude. that was mind blowing...unbelievable lol...you are in actual fact, a life saver...i have been stressed out to **** recently and have had bother getting to sleep. after listening to your piece, i felt so relaxed...like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders..all thanks to your music. thanks man XD *man hug*
now, where do we start...i dont quite know what to say...the rhodes thing (no idea what it is) but it sounded fantastic, really sets the mood of the song and carries most of the emotion through out. everything else kinda sits back in awe of the rhodes tbh. the guitar work was tremendous. couldnt have sounded any better, the riffs were catchy, the melody was excellent and the solo was outta this world. unbelivable harmony also, everything just seemed to flow perfectly, the timing on every instrument was spot on, the buildup section just blew me away. every note just seemed to be like...telling its own indiviual story and i totally connected with everyone of them. this song has everything. you, my friend, are a genius. can i be your bitch? ...please? lmao. nah im joking :P

by far the best piece of music ive heard on these forums, chuffed for you mate, not every day you hear something like this, hope you can do something with it :D

i would love for you to Crit one of my songs, if not both. your obviously a great song writer and could prolly give me some great advice, i would really appreciate it if you could. thanks man :D

song 1 :
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514912

song 2 :
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518266

WlCmToTheJungle
02-05-2007, 12:07 AM
wow thanks mate, im going to record this (which is gonna take forever) and maybe add some lyrics to it, ull hear this again

culex-knight
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
This is the only midi piece I've had the pleasure of saying I've put on repeat.

Amazing.

Jonjy2
02-05-2007, 01:20 AM
wow, amazing!!?

i expecially liked the part where the band enters, it was so surprising and beautiful....extremely peaceful man...:D

CaptainOfSmug
02-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Wow, simply amazing. The layering is done superbly. Easily one of the most peaceful thing I've heard in a long while. I think it took a while to get going, but thats not nessacarily (god I hate that word I can never spell it :p: ) a bad thing. If I was in my Opeth mood I would rate this 11/10, for now 10/10. It's just so relaxing and the solo has some emotional power or something of that sort. It's really nice, I don't even think it need vocals.

killsweng
02-05-2007, 01:42 AM
God damn that intro is dreamy! Reminded me of Sigur Ros a lot, which is funny because i dont actually listen to them :|. The build up and the band entering was orgasmic indeed. Solo was exceptional, i think you showed a lot of patience and restraint, its one of those solo's where you can close your eyes and just wait for the notes to come, and you know they will be perfect. Then the acoustic solo releases all that energy and ... its brilliant, really is. Would love to hear a recording of this.

My Song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518359)

buckethead_jr
02-05-2007, 04:26 AM
That was beautiful!
Not much to crit on because it's dead on perfect. The layering was superbly done and that solo was just :heart: , amazing, it had some aura around it, amazing.
The lead up to the band joining in was also great, really made you want to listen more.
Sorry, there's not like anything to crit, it's perfect IMO.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512517

Left_hander_nz
02-05-2007, 06:02 AM
wow u dont often see a perfect piece like this...just wow thats amazing

WlCmToTheJungle
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
wow, i didnt know you all would enjoy it so much considering most of the songs here are metal. Thanks, ill get to all your songs later, im in history class right now

Guitar328
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
ummm HOLY SHIT DUDE! that was fvcking incredible!!!!!!!!!!! How does this not have more replies? this could very well be one of the greatest songs written on UG

HOLY SHIT

WlCmToTheJungle
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
thanks, anyone else?

NovemberRain273
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Wow that really was incredible dude. I could probably go to sleep to that intro. Umm, I dunno what to crit I mean it's so hard to find anything...I cant really fin anythign at all! That was great! Definetly keep it up!

guitarman015
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
****ing amazing

onebetter
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
dude, that was awesome. Your right that a lot of stuff on here is metal, but a lot of people will still appreciate a great piece like this. I can honestly say this is probably one of the best songs I've ever heard on here, although some of NovemberRain's stuff is really good. The solo made me laugh becuase you used the same exact lick that I used in one of my songs. But, it sounds like crap in mine, so I wont accuse you of plagirism. :D Excellent piece, crit one of mine? There in my sig, listen to melodeath to hear the lick I'm talking about, its in the first verse.

gallagher2006
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Pretty good mate. I wouldn't mind seeing how this turns out properly recorded. It's nice to see you didn't break the mood by adding something unnessesery, like a huge guitar solo or anything. The only thing I think of improving on would be the guitar sort of comes on a bit strong when it firsts enters, but other than that, amazing compostition mate!

****Please keep my name and send me a PM when you have recorded this****

Pieceofmind019
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Ummmm i guess im just missing something here cause i didnt care for it a hole lot. Dont get me wrong it was extremely well writen but the intro and build up took way to long and it was kinda repetitive. The solo was amazing thought

Overall it was just ok 7/10

WlCmToTheJungle
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Ummmm i guess im just missing something here cause i didnt care for it a hole lot. Dont get me wrong it was extremely well writen but the intro and build up took way to long and it was kinda repetitive. The solo was amazing thought

Overall it was just ok 7/10

you metal heads and your ways :D

ill get to the rest of your crits tonight

D_y_p26
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
damn this is amazing, I really want to hear this recorded.

6_6_6_1_syn
02-07-2007, 10:09 AM
i see both sides of this...it was pefectly written and the olo was unbelievable, but I can also see Pieceofmind019s point

Mack56
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
This was an amazing song, man. Good job, excellent writing and well, yeah. what all the other people have said.

Archaon
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Glad to see there are people on UG that actually know how to compose. Simply put, this is amazing. There's a really warm feeling to it, really relaxing and such.

I'm going to upload some of my songs in a few days (they're on the other computer) and hopefully you can check them out.

WlCmToTheJungle
02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
thanks to all for the crits that keep on coming. I am in the middle of recording it now but it may be a few weeks, im only 14 so most of my day is school/homework but i will try to get this done by president's day (for those living in america)

§tratocaster
02-08-2007, 11:45 PM
that was really nice, i liked the solo alot. im not sure about the ending (last 3 measures)
...sounded kinda wacky with the snare drum.
i liked the rhodes piano, i haven't heard those in a song before, sounds great in this one.

haha this one will be a challenge for you to record...near 8 minutes long!!! good luck.

wanna crit mine? (orange link in sig)

RPotts
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
^
That is basically the only thing wrong, is the two snares, not a very good last note thing. I like the ride buildup a lot, but then it needs to just end I believe. But ****ing out of 140 bars of near perfection I can easily still call this piece wonderful.

In response to the idea of how most songs on here are metal -

That whats makes this unique, we're used to opening a thread that either says Technical Death Metal or Melodic Death Metal, ha, which are both fine, but this just stands out.

It's nice to see that no part of the song was sped up for no reason, no sweep picking in the guitar solo, or tapping. The Rhodes piano actually came out surprisingly well even through the midi in GP. The breakdown was great, the intro, solo everything was very good, which is amazing because you're so young compared to most people when they start composing good music.

The synth was also a nice touch, added some texture to the already intricate harmony, and I like how every instrument got its part in the song. The Rhodes dominated the intro, the guitar had the solo, the synths were in the buildup or whatever, can't recall.

Can you play all of these instruments? I'm curious because I think it's hard to compose for an instrument you can't play, although GP helps.

Furious Bob
02-09-2007, 01:28 AM
One word, genius, I never heard something like that on UG before, once you record this please pm it to me... I've been listening it on loop even if it's in MIDI and I hate MIDI.

Pure_Morning
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow. Amazing!

I'd be very jealous if you do indeed own a Fender Rhodes!

Yngwi3
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah well im a metalhead, but i like most genres of music i can say that i loved it, the layering was really good and that intro was...idk really soft and cool lol, the solo was amazing, both of them

please send a PM when you have it recorded i have no doubt it will sound amazing

WlCmToTheJungle
02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow. Amazing!

I'd be very jealous if you do indeed own a Fender Rhodes!

sadly i dont, the rhodes piano is my favorite instrument besides of course the guitar

Stolenidentity1
02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
im pretty much pure metalhead, but god damn that was freaking amazing, i loved it all, most songs people make on here wont learn but, i picked up my bass and was like weedly weedly weeoewwwwww badda boww bom, it was so melo and cool

10/10 from me

WlCmToTheJungle
02-10-2007, 09:28 PM
im pretty much pure metalhead, but god damn that was freaking amazing, i loved it all, most songs people make on here wont learn but, i picked up my bass and was like weedly weedly weeoewwwwww badda boww bom, it was so melo and cool

10/10 from me

hey, thanks for learning my song dude :), as for the recording, ive got a lot of it done, the only thing i have to do is record the bass and the solo. My brother is bringing his bass when he comes home from college next weekend so i can record the bass then

ill keep ya posted

Liam Efting
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey man, this is absolutely grand.

I've been listening to it on repeat, trying to find something I don't like, and it sounds really really good...

I've been playing Xenosaga III lately, and you have captured that sort of wierd spacy sci-fi feel well, very very cool. And you wrote music with a rhoads that didn't make me want to stab my eardrums out with an icepick, which is goood.

I give you a 10/10 for stunning writing abilities. Absolutely bang on man.

Crit Sodomy?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523059

WlCmToTheJungle
02-13-2007, 10:10 AM
thanks, ill get to your crit, i have 3 tests tomorrow and 2 tests the next day so i dunno when but ill get to it this weekend at the latest

SomethingNew92
02-15-2007, 02:10 AM
argh i want that tab!

saddam
02-16-2007, 06:34 AM
The intro is wonderful: smooth, relaxing, just perfect, but when the acoustic guitars come in it ruined the vibe for me. There are these 3 notes in the intro part that really remind me of the Jurassic Park theme song :). The solo part was very good, I enjoyed that a lot. Overall, it feels too repetitive for me, but you sure know how to write a nice, catchy melody, for which I must congratulate you, because I can't do that... .
8/10

crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526435

grtz

thenephilim
02-16-2007, 08:15 AM
best piece i've ever heard on UG - period. However, the little bit right at the end might sound a bit better if the piece was fading out as this happens. Keep up the great work

TheDarkestNights
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
o_O.

Wow. That was the best thing I've heard in a while. Completely different to what I usually hear, so a treat for me in that aspect as well.

However, some parts were too repetative and I didn't care for it much. But that solo was mindblowing, and overall I'd give it a 9/10.

Very well done. :cheers:

WlCmToTheJungle
02-18-2007, 12:38 AM
the song has been recorded, check the 1st post