Decide (Melodic Death) [PTAB/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Decide (Melodic Death) [PTAB/MIDI]

Nunwhxre 666
02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, I've been gone for awhile. And this is something I've been working on off-and-on for about a week or two. It's a melodic death song in the vein of Children of Bodom with a few other inspirations thrown in the mix.

*P.S.* For Powertab users, please read the performance notes. :D

_-Skeletor-_
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
i quite like the solos...well done..for verse 2 some harmonization would sound really cool.

cool#9
02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
That was pretty dang cool, kept my attention and is a little challenging to play. The outro was pretty awsome too. Good job.

Nunwhxre 666
02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah. I'm not going to lie, I do have a bit of difficulty pulling some of this off (mainly the first solo), but for the most part I can play it.

Ryioku
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I thought it was pretty good... though, I'd have to say that it was extremely boring to me... there are some really good melodies in there, but its just too slow. Also being a huge fan of originality... it's not the most original thing I've ever heard. However... it IS well made, I just think the tempo should be speed up a bit, if you're fine with the unoriginality of it(not meant as an insult).

Overall, 7/10

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516703

Nunwhxre 666
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Eh, if I sped the tempo up I wouldn't be able to play it. I already have difficulties playing some parts as it is. :-\

Pieceofmind019
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I really enjoyed that it souded like carcass meets maiden. the leads were really cool and really well done. they flowed reall nice and the solo fit the song perfect

I dont know what you could really improve on Nice Job 10/10

onebetter
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I liked all the melodies, but I thought the rhythm part was a little bland, but that's kind of what melodeath is. The keyboard interludes were a nice touch, but I thought the first one was a little weak compared to the second one. The tempo changes were very smooth and powertab didn't mess it up for me (possibly a fluke?) Overall, very good song, a little more speed would be nice, but I hate it when I write a song on ptab and I can't speed it up. Good job.

Nunwhxre 666
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, the rhythms were a little bland, but I wanted my leads and keyboard work to stand out more so I just threw some crappy rhythms behind it.

HumanitysDeath
02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
For the most part, I wasn't fond of the keyboard. Though, that's probably just the MIDI.

Everything else sounded really good.
I really love your lead work. It always impresses me.
Very well written.

Nunwhxre 666
02-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks I appreciate that. Thanks for taking the time to crit this.

MadMudgeN
02-13-2007, 04:43 PM
First off, thanks for the crit on my piece!

As for yours, I like it and I think it's interesting, but some of it is a little tired, like that interlude riff, which is pretty generic. But on the other hand, I think both of the solos work really nicely, I absolutely love the chorus, and the keyboard harmonizing was cool, so you can have a 9.5/10 sir. Nice work.

ch715dallat
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
perfect, the intro was great and the first solo sounded great, and teh synth was used great, it sounded like something cob would produce for the most part. i'd love to have a go at playing it, as it sound just about my level of playing but i cant be bothered getting powrtab as i already have guitar pro.

RPGoof
04-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Overall it was a good piece. I like the use of the keyboards, expecially in the second solo which I think is also a cool solo. Yay.

Masochist_Lust
04-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Man, that was nice. I'll crit it section by section for you:

Intro - I thought this introduced the song very, very well. I really loved this part
First Solo - You did very well with this I though, even though the triplets may have been over used a little bit
Verse I - You did very well here, this could be my favourite part of the song
Verse II - Not as good as Verse I, but a good finish to it. I think it was nicely done
Keyboard Interlude - Joined onto the verses very, very well and same with the Pre-Chorus
Pre-Chorus - Very well done straight after the keyboard interlude, and leads to the chorus well
Chorus - Not meaning to be harsh or anything, but it made me shift in my seat, I found it really awkward
Interlude - This was done well, was fairly basic but did well
2nd Keyboard Interlude - Good lead up to Second Solo
Second Solo - I didn't like the first note, but apart from that it was very well done
Verse III - I like the way you used the Interlude riff here but make it more interesting
Outro - I think this just topped it off

The chorus is the only part I didn't like, and I think I'm gonna have to give you 8.5/10

Well done

ClosedCasket
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I rather liked that. I thing it sounds more like ur symphony metal piece than melodic death metal. The rhythm was a little bland but u said why, which makes sense. The keyboards were a nice touch of originality.

7/10

Stephen00000
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey
i enjoyed that particularly the harmony part somewhere in the middle and the solos.
some good melodies in there.
overall very good.
i got a song up at the moment ur welcome to listen to cos i need ideas for finishing it

TheDarkestNights
04-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Wow. That was amazing. The chorus was genius! 9/10.