Ughh, we have no place to practice.

PDA

View Full Version : Ughh, we have no place to practice.

RoboRobot
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
For a while now, me and a friend wanted to start a band, but the only problem is that we have absolutely no place to practice at. My friend needs to get his drum set out of his house because his parents don't want it there anymore, and put it somewhere else, but we have no place to put it. Garages are out of the question, and my house definitely won't work, since my parents said no already. What are we to do? >_<

Macbethstx
02-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Try to negotiate with your parents by saying "we will pay for sound proofing material".

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM
why not look for a hall somewhere in your area that lets bands reherse there?

Dutch_Apples
02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
2 words: Acoustic Sets... hey, it's better than not practing at all and you'll be able to hear better.

DevilMayCare
02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
^ Yeah, for a few sets my bassist and I played our acoustics whilst our drummer either used paintbrushes or put pads on his drums. Except then our singer would whine that he couldn't sing like he could to electrics so we should just not practice......
So yes. Acoustic practice better than no practice!

chase312
02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Acoustic practices are the way to go.

Soundproofing is a little on the expensive side for a big area.

Metal Massacre
02-06-2007, 02:27 PM
If you're SERIOUS about making a band, then start with an acoustic band.

Acoustic rules.

Plus, you can practice in a street or something.

ThePurpleRabbit
02-09-2007, 02:37 PM
One hint if you're missing a place to rehearse.. Don't move to Trondheim, Norway!

AdamDK
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
How about at school? My band has no where to practice with all the members, so we have regular practices at school in the music room. And sometimes on weekends, me, the rhythm guitarist and bassist get together at the bassists house, and have a rehersal of just the guitars to get us in time.

greendayguitar
02-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe you could find a friend that has a barn or something that you could jam in? Get creative. If you can find somewhere where they will let you practice, even if you have to rent a space ro something, go for it.

But only if you're very serious about it.

If not, go acoustic :cheers:

ThePurpleRabbit
02-10-2007, 11:24 AM
How about at school? My band has no where to practice with all the members, so we have regular practices at school in the music room. And sometimes on weekends, me, the rhythm guitarist and bassist get together at the bassists house, and have a rehersal of just the guitars to get us in time.

It's excellent to practice at a school.

My old band did that and it went perfect 'cause that school had a real good music room with monitors and most things that other schools don't have.

eckmann88
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Gotta agree with the acoustic sets.