Choosing songs?

PDA

View Full Version : Choosing songs?

daff
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
My band is getting all ready for a talent show coming up in 4-5 months but were stuck. we know we are going to play Metallica, One. But we have no idea what else we want to play and we have to have at least two song. We dont want to play any of the same bands as the other people in the talent show and we know that they are going to be playing avenged sevenfold, motley crue, three days grace, our band Plethora will play anything from rock to metal anything from hinder to lamb of god. We just need some suggestions!

METSOAD
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Why not have a go at Deliverance by Opeth and Bury Me in Smoke by Down

SlinkyMcdougall
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, it seems liek you've got a lot of time so what I would recomend is doing a cover of something nobody would ever think of. Take a song and re-make it. I had a band that played Progressive Punk style shit but our last song was an a'capella cover of The Temptation's "Just My Imagination". Crowd reacted amazginly. Were also talking about doing that one big band swing tune in the Chips Ahoy commercials (I can't for the life of me remember the name of it) and making it more of a shred thing with all the lead parts being played back and forth between me and our other guitarist. Just do something different.

avenged_7_fold
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
B.Y.O.B. by SoaD
Laid To Rest by LoG
Welcome by Slipknot(Your drummer better be kick ass)
sic by slipknot
eye less by slipknot
the blister exists by slipknot
Vermilion by slipknot

led_zep_fan55
02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Do Hot for teacher by van halen

me_llamo_juan
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Originals. Always work. That way, no one else will play them.
The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Great fun.
Smoking Umbrellas by Failure.

bmac85
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM
if you wanna win, take a pop song, make it rock and play it...i suggest fergilicious

daff
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
that aint a bad idea we were thinkin about doing a death metal version of we will rock you but we aint so sure if we wana do that till we get better. This will be our first gig and we dont want to mess it up.

daff
02-05-2007, 12:24 PM
We can play just about anything. Our drummer is very wicked. And our lead guitarist is awesome but we cant play songs like laid to rest. to many kids so were not aloud to cuss.

dudeman_andy
02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
some AC/DC always goes down well

daff
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
we are playin one by metallica as i said before so for our other song we want to play hard and fast to show off everything we can do.

E V H 5150
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I second the motion to suggest Hot For Teacher.

But doe something everybody knows. Do a song that everybody recognizes at first riff. Maybe, say, You Really Got Me, or Layla, or Crazy Train, or maybe Diary of a Madman (I don't think as memorable, but it would be sweet as hell to get up there, and have like a mini-orchestra with you), Jeremy or Alive (Pearl Jam), Rock You Like a Hurricane (great soloing in the intro to take the crowd at the beginning, and everybody knows the rythym part), Sweet Child O' Mine, or Paradise City. Just to name a few.

daff
02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
we might play pretty women but it aint heavy enough we need some heavy metal

METSOAD
02-06-2007, 03:32 AM
No Remorse???????

daff
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
we cant play no remorse because we are already playing a metallica song.

sadistictripp
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
do some avenged sevenfold then... tough but fast and cool as hell.

dean_from_hell
03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
we are playin one by metallica as i said before so for our other song we want to play hard and fast to show off everything we can do.

make your own song! then it can be as hard and fast as you want showing everyone what you can do, and prove that you can do originals aswell as covers!

not enough
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
kate bush.

greendayguitar
03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I know you're looking for heavy metal and every one will be all like "rawr, they r nawt heavy metol!!"..

But I suggest some Bullet For My Valentine for showing off some talent. The solo to Tears Don't Fall sounds incredibly hard, and it's quite easy. Just fast.

Just a small suggestion.

METSOAD
03-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Here is a good one...Seasons in the Abyss, either that or write a new song

TMAW
03-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Hallowed be thy name, Symphony of Destruction, or as a fun one, renact the video for Judas Priest Breaking the Law