thomann.de

PDA

View Full Version : thomann.de

[I Buy Peace]
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I want to order a Jackon rr24 and the olnly place that seem to sell them to England is thomann.de (http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html) .

But the price seems too good to be true, has anyone had any expirience with this shop and would you recomend them?

samerika
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
It is one of the biggest guitar online shops in germany, I would recomend it for shure.

Eggmond
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
my friend gets all his gear of them and he hasnt had any problems

P-Laverty
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
sorry i cant help but i have the same problem with the jackson jr30rr and would appriecate some advice!

DevilMayCare
02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I bought an effects pedal, some leads, a hard case and a few other random things off them at various times and they're a good company in my experience, £7 shipping costs for most stuff. Some of my stuff was delivered in two days. So yeah, I'd recommend them if you can't find it anywhere in store where you live.

[I Buy Peace]
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh, sounds good then. I was just unsure because i've heared mixed reveiws on the internet and horror stories about not reciving guitars

Any other experience would be much appritiated, and thanks for the dudes/dudettes who have helped so far.

Abe
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's an awesome site

Though you need a Visa or Mastercard, or to go to your bank and ask them to transfer the money into Thomanns account.

Phatty
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I recently purchased a Mackie mixer off of there which was a lot cheaper than in the UK.

It actually got shipped and delivered within 2 days, which is a lot quicker than I have from UK based companies.

CoreysMonster
02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
don't worry, they're reliable.
If you're still in doubt, email them or something.

The Oceanborn
02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I haven't had any problems as of yet, however it might be different for me since I live in Germany. But then I have never heard complaints of anybody within Europe about this online shop.

L053R
02-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I found this site too earlier and i couldn't believe the prices too, but i think it's reliable!

[I Buy Peace]
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
don't worry, they're reliable.
If you're still in doubt, email them or something.

Alrerady done that because I was asking them about when they will get a Jackson rr24 in stock (because ithe status said avalible on request)

Thanks for all your feedback people, can't wait to get my greasy mitts on that axe. Hopefully this is enough to convince my mum to order it for me. (that made me sound young for some reason =S)

Guitardude19
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I want to buy the Ibanez Jem 7V and my local guitar shop has a 1 year waiting list for it (I mean wtf) this site can get it to me in 15 days! Now, how well do they package their expenive guitars. I only bought an effects peddle off the site which was packed very well.

big duck
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
wonderful site, they deliver fast and its cheap.
I made order just for 8 leads. It was worth the 7 quid delivery cos its so cheap.
8 leads:
Thomann: 20
Local Shop:40
I don't know if i'd buy a guitar off internet though, you wanna play it first.

frottage
02-05-2007, 02:41 PM
HAM?

Cal UK
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
That is an awesome site adding to bookmarks right away.

DieN
02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Jup, in Thomann I trust. When I ordered my amp, they accidently delivered the amp + bongos (which I haven't ordered or payed for).
I phoned them and they just let me keep them.^^

loonyguitarist
02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Damn, I've just gone on to the site, and found the perfect guitar for me for exactly the right price. I've been looking for this for about a year!

----
06-22-2007, 03:23 AM
Hi, I found this post by chance.

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm , but I have been dealing with Thomanns for over 10 years. I used to order stuff by fax and post before I was online. I have spent thousands upon thousands of pounds with them during this period.

But........

My last order with them was incomplete. There must have been some picking error in there warehouse. It has taken me 4 months, over £50 in phones calls ............wait for this one ! 467 emails and I had to pay for a letter to be translated into German before I could get this issue resolved. Even then I did not get it completely sorted. I am still awaiting refunds totally £789.00 and some items missing.

Try calling any of there phone line's and see if you can get through ( there always busy )
Then when you do get through, will you get someone who talks and fully understands English

This leads to communication errors.

There courier company DHL have different procedures to DHL in the UK, so they tell you to sort the mess out with DHL UK, but the law in the UK says the contract is with Thommans not the customer, so DHL refuse to talk to you. This goes on for around 5 weeks before Thomanns concede and move onto stage 2 of the blame game.........

.......skip 3 months

Now you use your credit card.................nope, don't work. Its is outside of the UK and the Credit Consumer Act that protects you in the UK does not protect you for sales in Germany.

skip weeks

Some light at the end of the tunnel

False hope

Back to square one..........

The Moral

When you goods arrive, complete, working and in one piece then great. If you have any issues be prepared for a long and frustrated time. I would never have posted this if I was the only one to experience this issue. But I have countless stories from other people who have had problems when Thomanns **** up.

I will still use them , but only for low value items. If I need to spend £200 plus then I will go elsewhere.

tdsr93
06-27-2009, 08:21 AM
They are the biggest music store in Europe, and probably the cheapest as well (check this link for a video of the store, its massive: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e-PGb1aOa8 )

I have a friend here in France who had ordered a guitar and amp there, but he and his parents weren't home, so the delivery company (Fedex i think) dropped the stuff off at the Town hall of my ****ty 400-habitant village. But FedEx forgot the bill. So when he went to the Town hall to pick up, he could take it home right away, without paying, since FedEx hadn't told the town hall clerk, and with Thomann you pay when it is delivered at your door...

Thomann hasn't said anything yet, this was 2 years ago. Too bad my friend had only ordered a cheap-ass guitar/amp for 300 euros total.

filthandfury
06-27-2009, 08:27 AM
They are the biggest music store in Europe, and probably the cheapest as well (check this link for a video of the store, its massive: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e-PGb1aOa8 )

I have a friend here in France who had ordered a guitar and amp there, but he and his parents weren't home, so the delivery company (Fedex i think) dropped the stuff off at the Town hall of my ****ty 400-habitant village. But FedEx forgot the bill. So when he went to the Town hall to pick up, he could take it home right away, without paying, since FedEx hadn't told the town hall clerk, and with Thomann you pay when it is delivered at your door...

Thomann hasn't said anything yet, this was 2 years ago. Too bad my friend had only ordered a cheap-ass guitar/amp for 300 euros total.

This thread is from 2007.

big duck
06-27-2009, 08:40 AM
This thread is from 2007.
It is.
The pound is now so poor that Thomann isn't that cheap anymore.

Meatball200
06-27-2009, 08:45 AM
^ Yeah, hopefully the sterling will bounce back to the good old days soon enough.
Good company, fully backed.

nakki
06-27-2009, 08:51 AM
I've bought a effects pedal case, multi-effect processor, pedals, a Midimate, leads and random stuff from there and they are fast and reliable. Go for it.

Thomann = awesome.

CliffIsAngry
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
they really DO have too good to be true prices :P and I love it. Bought my guitar from that site if I bought it in denmark I would probably pay twice as much due to Danish gayness.

Våd Hamster
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Got my bass from them, no problems.

Woozye
06-27-2009, 09:50 AM
very recognized online shop.

Trowzaa
06-27-2009, 10:13 AM
GAK has them for £100 cheaper.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72198

EDIT: So this thread is a year old...