First song...rock ballad?[gp5/midi

PDA

View Full Version : First song...rock ballad?[gp5/midi

Left_hander_nz
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
hey this is my first song...i have only been playing bass for about a year and only started learning about theory for the last 6 months

Crit4Crit

snowblind190
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
pretty good, i see use of chord progression.

it would have been awesome if there was a super crazy mandolin solo though.

Sean-Man
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
neato, get som lyrics in there and you could have a power ballad!!!

Sharkuzzi
02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
O_O Whoah... i was so happy, when i was listening this... it sounds really good!!(and happy to me... lol) But there are some things, that you could change, to make it even better:
- slow down the instrument, that is played so fast in the background. Belive me, if you slow it down, it will sound even better. I don't have guitar pro, but i slowed it down in power tab and it's awesome. Try it.
- change the outro. Try to make it slower, and slower, until it ends. End the song with a C chord.
- hmmm... maybe you should play the whole song on a jazz guitar? Try to replace those dist guitars. It's not necessary(that's how i write it?) but you could try to do this.

I very like tha bass line and the percussion. A slow, nice, relaxing song.

Crit mine? 3rd song in sig.

Left_hander_nz
02-06-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks for crit guys ill crit yours asap......the instrument played really fast is a mandolin they have no sustain so they have to be tremelo picked to hold out long notes..but ill expriment with slowing it down.

Pieceofmind019
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I think it was an extremely well writen song with some really good elements but i dong think it was a rock ballad. i think it was more just a good pretty song.

The madelin was great in the intro i really like what it gave the song. And the solo couldnt have fit the song any better, very well dong on the solo.

Over all it was a very good piece that i enjoyed listening to. 9/10

PabloTaco
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Whatever that thing was in the background that sounded like rapid tapping on glass got annoying pretty quickly, you might wanna change that