How do you tune to drop C and C#?

PDA

View Full Version : How do you tune to drop C and C#?

Musicman9306
02-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I have looked everywhere, and I still don't know how to tune to drop C#. I want to learn some Hawk Nelson songs, but they tune down to drop c#. If someone could give me a link or tell me how I would appreciate it!!!

captain_jack
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
barre the strings at the first fret and then tune it to standard. then drop the low e string down a step. (two frets)

serbusfish
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
buy a tuner...

DisplacedLogic
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Drop C is like this:
Tune your low E string on the 9th fret to your A string. Tune your A string to your 7th fret low E string. Tune normally off the A string.

Drop C#/Db:
Tune your low E string on the 8th fret to your A string. Tune your A string to your 7th fret low E string. Tune normally off the A string.

RPGoof
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Heres how.

For Drop C#: Using a standard note tuner thingy, hit the first fret of each string and tune to EADGBE. You are now tuned down 1/2 a step. For the low E string, hit the third fret and tune to E. Now you are in Drop C#.

For Drop C: Using a standard note tuner thingy, hit the second fret of each string and tune to EADGBE. You are now tuned down 1 step. For the low E string, hit the fourth fret and tune to E. Now you are in Drop C.

steven seagull
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
I have looked everywhere, and I still don't know how to tune to drop C#. I want to learn some Hawk Nelson songs, but they tune down to drop c#. If someone could give me a link or tell me how I would appreciate it!!!

You obviously haven't...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340

FacingUsAll
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Just play the songs in dropped D. You don't have to play the song in the same key as the original.

Dropped C is C G C F A D

Dropped C# is C# G# C# F# A# D#