Bulk of cheap, blank guitar picks

PDA

View Full Version : Bulk of cheap, blank guitar picks

BrianApocalypse
02-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi guys.

I'm looking to get hold of some custom guitar picks for my band, but that would be ridiculously expensive... and I'm broke.

Therefore, I figured I'd get myself some blank picks and write the name of the band on them with a pen (which I belive is english for "sharpie")

Does anyone know where I can get a batch of blank guitar picks at a (very) low price?

50 pence for a shitty little piece of plastic is a ****ing rip off. 10 pence would be awesome.

Any insight and help appreciated.

CoolDudeMorgasm
02-07-2007, 02:18 AM
I got no idea dude, have you googled Custom Picks? I remember there was a website where you could make your own, email it to the people and they'd make them for you.

Dimebag22
02-07-2007, 02:19 AM
uh, the guitar store?? just a thought

daytripper75
02-07-2007, 02:25 AM
this site seems to have reasonable prices

http://www.guitarpicksuk.com/blank_picks.php?usv=11291

soul_power
02-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Ebay. Ive seen like lots of 500 blank picks on there go for about $20

BrianApocalypse
02-07-2007, 02:53 AM
this site seems to have reasonable prices

http://www.guitarpicksuk.com/blank_picks.php?usv=11291

perfect! that is exactly what I am looking for... 10 pence per pick!

BrianApocalypse
02-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Right! I have myself a nice little sampler arriving (15 for 2 is pretty ****in' decent! haha)

And if they're half decent I will nab some!

nz_matt
02-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Surely you can find a better way to make them than just writing your band name on them? there must be some way to "stamp" what you want onto blank picks, like the picks you get in a store.

BrianApocalypse
02-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Surely you can find a better way to make them than just writing your band name on them? there must be some way to "stamp" what you want onto blank picks, like the picks you get in a store.

I never got to go on a school trip to a pick factory, but I think it involves some kind of hot iron, a technology surpassing the means to do oneself.

The writing comes right off in pen, but said picks are only designed to be a momento for fans.

apparellady
02-10-2008, 03:05 AM
I am buying the piece of equipment to print on the picks in a couple of weeks I will do it cheap for you. email me
I do all the local bands Merch for them I want to get in to the Pics now My son plays in a band too and asked me last week about it, so in about 3 weeks I will have it, if you can wait that long, but the price will be right.
Kim

garrett5
02-10-2008, 03:32 AM
I made custom picks once.

Just sharpied on the band name.

I found one the other day, it was rad (Band broke up last year)

de.sandman
02-10-2008, 04:27 AM
I am buying the piece of equipment to print on the picks in a couple of weeks I will do it cheap for you. email me
I do all the local bands Merch for them I want to get in to the Pics now My son plays in a band too and asked me last week about it, so in about 3 weeks I will have it, if you can wait that long, but the price will be right.
Kim

to the TS. man...talk about luck.

Toast1337
02-10-2008, 04:42 AM
to the TS. man...talk about luck.

he joined februrary i wouldnt trust him ....