Tonight [PT&MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Tonight [PT&MIDI]

HumanitysDeath
02-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Here's a little something I've been sorta working on. It's far from complete, and it's nothing... extraordinary.

I'll be adding bass soon enough.

And later, I hope to incorporate some piano. After listening to other UGers and there beautiful use of piano, I've been inspired.

Crit. Bitch. Blah.

-HD-

Check lower posts for updates.

ch715dallat
02-11-2007, 10:27 AM
that was awesome, that solo/riff/lead thing at the end was class, i couldnt reall hear piano and guitar seperately as it was midi, but the riffs were good, lookin forward to the final piece, but id like to hear a real recording, post it soon man

Spark1284
02-11-2007, 02:59 PM
altho u had a good RIFF its painfully repetitive. its just the same 4 chords over and over. u cant really just cahnge the order of ur main riff and call it a new riff. maybe switch it up a little

Kirby651
02-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Parts of it just don't fit together right if you ask me...

HumanitysDeath
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
altho u had a good RIFF its painfully repetitive. its just the same 4 chords over and over. u cant really just cahnge the order of ur main riff and call it a new riff. maybe switch it up a little
It's called vamping. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamping
And I'm well aware that I've done this. It was deliberate. This is a simplistic piece, and it works.

Parts of it just don't fit together right if you ask me...
As in? Which parts?

DarkSonata
02-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I really enjoyed this...the beginning sounded like something the Chili Peppers would do, almost Scar Tissue-esque. I do like the main riff and don't mind its repitition, if its good stick with it...heck AC/DC wrote a whole discography using like 5 different chords. You made a pretty good transition into the next part but i wasn' too impressed with that...but it was alright. All i would say is spice this up a little anf finish up and you should have a pretty good piece here. so far I'd give about a 6.5/10, probably higher once you finish it.

Nunwhxre 666
02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I didn't care for Section I, but I rather enjoyed Section II and III. I would like to hear the finished product of this. 7/10.

P.S. Thanks for critting mine. But, would you mind critting my other recent song called "Decide"?

HumanitysDeath
02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Added bass.
Changed a few little things around.
Gonna start working on section 4 either tonight or tomorrow.

Nunwhxre 666
02-12-2007, 07:18 AM
I think you should make the bass line more complex, at least in the first section. Because the first section is still a little dull. But everything else is still good.

Liam Efting
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Nice, I like how you vamped and then were able to back it up with a link to what it actually is.

It is repetitive, but it's supposed to be, so I can't mark you down for that, you have some very interesting phrasing going on with the fingerpicked acoustic, very cool, it would be interesting to hear this recorded, for sure.

I honestly didn't like the last half of the song, when it kind of went power punky towards the end, no no no...that's no good. You killed the mood. Here I was getting all into the simplistic beauty of the guitars and BAM here comes Blink 182 or someone.

The last part killed it man...seriously...I mean you no offense, but I'm giving it a 5/10, it would have been higher had you not went all Green Day at the end.

Work on it. Cheers.

-Liam

HumanitysDeath
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I honestly didn't like the last half of the song, when it kind of went power punky towards the end, no no no...that's no good. You killed the mood. Here I was getting all into the simplistic beauty of the guitars and BAM here comes Blink 182 or someone.

The last part killed it man...seriously...I mean you no offense, but I'm giving it a 5/10, it would have been higher had you not went all Green Day at the end.

Work on it. Cheers.

-Liam
Any tips on the direction I should've gone towards?
I still want a distortion part there.
Just curious to get more on that part.

I think you should make the bass line more complex, at least in the first section. Because the first section is still a little dull. But everything else is still good.
I almost agree. But, I'm not as much of a bassist as I am a guitarist. And I've found that I hear bass a different way than most people.
I like what I have, and will probably keep it for now. I'll try and change it at a later point.

guitar guy 6006
02-16-2007, 01:02 AM
i think it is pretty cool but the chords should maybe changed up a bit more through it, i understand it is supposed to be repetitive but i think it may be a little to repetitive. I mean you could stick with those chords and another kind of part that is doing a different kind of progression over that, i find that sounds really good a lot of the time but its all up to you, you could go with a riff or anything at all, i definitely didnt like the kind of blink-182 thing at the end but i thought the part after that part where the lead came in was awesome but then it ended abruptly after that idk, i definitely liked it though, it just needs some work

saddam
02-16-2007, 03:56 AM
It's good but you do repeat that one riff a lot, don't you? It's a nice and catchy riff, and it worked fine throughout section 1, but when the song gets to section 2 it becomes tedious, you should use another riff there... . I don't care if you ment it to be that way, repetitiveness is a big "no no" in my book, intentional or unintentional :) . Section 3 was cool, especially the little melody you put on top of the rythm guitars.
It's a decent start for a song, now finish it :)

Crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526435

grtz

Spark1284
02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
It's called vamping. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamping
And I'm well aware that I've done this. It was deliberate. This is a simplistic piece, and it works.

As in? Which parts?

well thank you for your clarification of musical terms, but i knwo what im talking about, unless your plan was to solo over this entire section its gonna be boring and repetitive. now is that what you were going to do?

HumanitysDeath
02-17-2007, 06:45 PM
well thank you for your clarification of musical terms, but i knwo what im talking about, unless your plan was to solo over this entire section its gonna be boring and repetitive. now is that what you were going to do?
For the most part, yes. Though I'm already working on some changes. It's an instrumental piece, and right now I'm planning on tossing the lead back and forth between the acoustic and the electric.

I should have an updated version later toniight. (teehee)