[GP/MIDI] Hardcore

PDA

View Full Version : [GP/MIDI] Hardcore

BC_Joshlz
02-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Heys guyz, this is an updated version of a song i posted a while ago. Again, please help me out with what im doing good and bad, and how i can improve on it.
C4C. Thnx

Welsh-Metal
02-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Seems pretty nice overal, but i think it would benifit a Lead guitar, or two guitar parts at least. Nice start though.

Cyclotoolica
02-11-2007, 10:07 AM
I enjoyed that, got some really good different sections in it. ALl I would say is what the guy above me said, needs a lead guitar part.

Also I don't see why it's in 6/8 it sounds like standard 4/4.

But apart from that very good, keep it up :)

ch715dallat
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
the drums were well made up, i liked them, its pretty simple overall so to make it more interesting add a second guitar in that just comes in afer a few bars or somethin that usually adds a bit to a song and may a little lead riff over the top of that 0000000033332222 riff., and as the guy above said why is it in 6 8 it would work in 4 4 probably, anyways check out mine if you have time as ppl dont seem to want to give me any crits :(

Kirby651
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Its not my style but i'll try and crit.

As said before, A second guitar would help make it more interesting. The drum line in a lot of parts sounds like one measure copy-pasted a bunch of times. Especially the cymbals, perhaps a different pattern? Right now, they seem to crash every Q note without rest.

Overall, The Guitar and bass sound right. Its really hard to tell with these types of songs though because vocals add so much.

leo_p8
02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey, your song is the basic MetalCore-ish song... nothing new or special about it. I took the liberty of adding better drums to it and building on your ideas a little, but nothing completely new here, so the lead (which you WILL write) is all yours to make sometime soon (I hope).

Anyway, some general tips:

In GP, the tempo button on the top right area of the screen will make your tab cleaner looking without the need for using dotted notes.

This general style of music is all about variation and rhythm (sp?), so you should do your best to add as much variation and rhythm as you possibly can.

Don't restrict yourself to fifths and the such, start extending your playing and use full chords, 7ths, 9ths and all the other pretties out there (great, now I sound like the freak from Lord of the Rings).

...and last, but not least, ALWAYS add SOMETHING COMPLETELY UNIQUE into your songs. This one, to be honest, had absolutely nothing that made it stand out from the enormous mountain of copy-paste, cookie-cutter sons in the genre. Your lead will hopefully do it's job and set this particular one aside into that "unique category".

...all in all, not bad for a total of... 27 minutes of work on my behalf, huh?

I hope you like my additions, I certainly hope you can get something out of them as well as continue progressing in the music world, man. Always forward.

BC_Joshlz
02-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Hey guys thanks for the crit. Also im not much of a drummer so thanks for helpin me out with that. and i havent finished the song so i will definitely add a lead part in there.

BC_Joshlz
02-13-2007, 07:06 AM
ive decided not to go with ur help. but to change it myself. thanks for the help. and any further CRIT would be muchly appreciated