Battle Of The Bands - one song

PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Bands - one song

opf
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Ok, so my band got through to the regional BOTB comp in the midlands, UK. The only problem is that we can only play one cover song and nothing else, so we need something thats going to make people dance and sing-a-long to.
Heres a little about us; We have
2 female lead singers - one classically trained, one more punk
2 guitarists - we both play mostly rhythm and can both sing
1 very good drummer
(we can have a bass if it is really essential)

Just thought you lots might be able to give me some ideas on bands. We're mainly looking for something modern though.
Oh, and we played Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly last time

Thanks

GiantRaven
02-12-2007, 09:29 AM
God people who underrate bassists annoy me :p:

look into some Muse? I always thought female singers would sound good with Muse

opf
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
We don't have a bassist because there isn't one on our course anymore, sadly. But there are second years that can session for us.
Muse would be cool, but our other guitarist would sound better singing it and it doesn't give the other singers anything to do... thanks though

Freunleven
02-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Is there any way in which your "punk" singer could play bass and sing back-up?

Try something by Lillix.

:satan:

Rock_DKS_Style
02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
try HIM - Rip Out The Wings Of A butterfly!

It may raise a few eye balls!

Wonthefu
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
You could do Bitches by Mindless Self Indulgence, since you have girls who might actually be able to sing the super high notes...

Gibson Phoney
02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Try A Muse song anyway, have your other guitarist sing lead a female as backup and the other one play keyboard or something.

AdamDK
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
A Favor House Atlantic! A girls voice will definately suit that song, and it is quite energetic, but easy to play. It should get the crowd singing if they know it.

Oh and it's by Coheed and Cambria if you didn't know.

Helgi T.T.
02-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Try Barfly by Jeff Who? , Great song to dance with :D

ar73m
02-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Hmm, I think you should look into some Cannibal Corpse. I always thought female vocals would sound great on their songs.

Doolittle
02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
step 1) get a bassist
Step 2) Play Dance to the Music

due to the small fact that people can dance to it and sing along to it, and it's be very unquie to see a band play it, The Family Stone FTW!

joshsirjoshules
02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Play "Teen Age Riot" by Sonic Youth. Absolutely perfect, you will get everyone on your side if you play that song.

GrungePb
02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Play "Teen Age Riot" by Sonic Youth. Absolutely perfect, you will get everyone on your side if you play that song.

+1 good song