C4C--Shield From the Atom Bomb [PTB, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : C4C--Shield From the Atom Bomb [PTB, MIDI]

MadMudgeN
02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
This is a pretty weird piece. But I like it.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Changed piece about 4 posts down. go there.

pete07
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Cheers for the crit of my piece before we start!

I really like this piece, its unusual and different which is always a good thing. Im really liking the use of harmonies and the good solid rhythm work to back up the single lines. If you added some drums and a bassline it would make it better but i had to import it into guitar pro (due to not having powertab) so i dont know if you've already done that or not. Loving the solo too, it flows really well imo, and the outro is good too but i think it ends a little too abruptly. I'll give it a 9/10, maybe 10 with drums and bass, keep it up!

killsweng
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Dude, i thought that was insanely goood. The intro, verse, chorus, all phenomenal. Sounded really unique and ... just incredible.

Only problems are: The solo didnt really do much for me. It was clever, just didnt seem very substantial. Then again, that could just be me, i like solo's to have a purpose rather than just wankery etc.

Despite all that, i'd still give it a 10.

Also, the end of the solo, where the acoustic backing ends, sounds a tad off imo.

"Brake it down": didnt work at all, i'd just take it out. Best bit about the brakedown is that when it ends, we get that mad outro :).

If you'd like to crit my song: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523150

MadMudgeN
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Sweet thanks both of you for the crit! Killsweng, I'll look into changing that breakdown/ removing it because I think upon listening again I kind of agree with you. I'm glad you both liked it and thanks for taking the time to post!

Nunwhxre 666
02-13-2007, 04:12 PM
It was ALRIGHT. Nothing really impressive. It got pretty boring, and I don't think the dissonance worked right, but that could just be me. But I did enjoy the acoustic interlude and solo. It was a good effort though. 6/10.

Crit mine if you get a chance? The top 2 in my sig are the newest.

MadMudgeN
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Aww jeez nuwhxre thanks for killing my dreams. haha jk, I figured that's what most people would say. Thanks for the crit. Here's a new version of the song with no breakdown:

onebetter
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I thought it was pretty good. My issue was it seemed to go from really good sounding to really poor sounding and back. Some of the harmonies sounded horrible and some sounded great. This song is really a hit or miss thing. The solo wasn't grand, but it didn't suck. It was complex, but really didn't seem to add to the piece all that much. Fix the really dissonant harmonies and this would sound a lot better. The dissonance didn't sound creepy or ominous, just bad. Not bad, but not my favorite either. 7/10.

DarkSonata
02-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I would to change the solo in the interlude...it sounded out of key to me...very out of key...and turn up the acoustic guitar once you get to the solo.

Spark1284
02-13-2007, 11:22 PM
first off metalcore is dead and the the dissonance got overused in the first 2 bars. it sounded static and annoying. aside from that the verse riff is really good i love the harmonizing. the chorus riffs dont seem to be going anywhere really. they didnt feel uplifting like most choruses but u may have been going for that. i like the interlude the solo is pretty good i can hear what u were going for but i dont think it came together like u may have wanted. basically youve got some great writing, but u should apply urself to sumthing more original

guitar guy 6006
02-17-2007, 05:22 PM
i thought it was pretty cool but the dissonance in like that main riff just kinda sounded over done, its kinda hard for me to explain but maybe that riff with all the dissonance and stuff shouldnt be in the song as many times, idk that didnt resally come out right but whatever. other than i thought it was really cool the first four measures of the solo were awesome than after that it started to all kinda sound the same and idk.. that definitely made the song in my opinion just those four measures of that solo they sound all cool and stuff

what mode is that solo in?

MadMudgeN
02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
umm i actually don't know... let me take a look at it and I'll tell you.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure that its lydian. I don't know if I actually ended on a solid Eb though.

fav13andac1)c
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
it was pretty good, but i agree with nunwhxre666 on this one. it got kind of boring at times. maybe thats because theres no singing(not that its your fault). and it would sound a lot "meatier" with bass in there

crit mine? links in sig my newest one is Whatever.

Kirby651
02-21-2007, 10:45 PM
It was good. It sounded like a metal song. A little long but thats beyond the point. I dident like how the tracks were mixed. If you change the volume in diffrent parts you could really highlight the better riffs. It needs bass and drums (but dont go crazy with them)

8/10

plz crit http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530769