How do i get a gig

PDA

View Full Version : How do i get a gig

MCRx4xlife
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
k here is the deal i need to get my band a gig and this other band said we could open for them if we get them a gig down here so i want to get them a show and my band a show. so what do i have to do.

zer0monkey
02-13-2007, 03:45 PM
k here is the deal i need to get my band a gig and this other band said we could open for them if we get them a gig down here so i want to get them a show and my band a show. so what do i have to do.
if you mean how do you get a place to play a show, that usually depends
there are places around me where you have to sell a certain ammount of tickets
others must like you before they let you play
it really depends

so most importantly, get in touch with venues and keep trying to get a gig

WlCmToTheJungle
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM
this kid in my homeroom just emailed a guy at some local venues and amazingly, they all responded with small gigs for them. Its not hard to get one i presume, you just gotta ask at the right place, the right time, and in the right way

J6strings21fret
02-13-2007, 03:52 PM
The best place for a band starting out is a rec. center. Yes, all the people wont know you, or like you, but it's a great place for a start. Play they're rotation for a bit, than venture off into the "actual venue" scene. If there is no rec. center, try a local venue or small club, see if they have an open band night, and boom, your in. Soon enough, you'll be playing Warped like me :D

GLP_Arclite
02-13-2007, 03:58 PM
you could just go out in to a busy street and play

J6strings21fret
02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
you could just go out in to a busy street and play

Hahaha no, some towns wont allow you and will be arrested on sight. Stupid eh?

GLP_Arclite
02-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Hahaha no, some towns wont allow you and will be arrested on sight. Stupid eh?

thats disgusting

surely not being able to go out in the street to play satanic death metal really loud is a breach of civil rights?

not that i like satanic death metal or anything :rolleyes:

DevilMayCare
02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Just try going into/phoning up places in your local area that you know have live gigs being played and asking them if you can play there. Make sure you have a demo of some description in case they ask for it, but some places (like Rockers Live down here) will just say "If you bring in at least 20 people then you can play, if not then you can't".
I remember once receiving much love from a band because I walked in and made up 20 people in that place :P
Anyway, just appear professional and go in and ask. It can't hurt as long as you're in no way rude or obnoxious.