Woven by Nightfall - Prog. [GP5, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Woven by Nightfall - Prog. [GP5, Midi]

Ryioku
02-14-2007, 05:52 PM
I've been listening to alot of Megadeth, Nevermore, and Opeth lately... so I suppose you could say it was influenced by those bands.

It's not done... I'm still working on it... but I just would like to know what you all though about it as of now.

Remember, Crit 4 Crit! :peace:

(hint hint, i've been playing 10 months... :p:)

JMO
02-14-2007, 06:08 PM
sweet that was really nice

ferretman
02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah sweet riffs, good ideas. The drums and bass really fit in well, i'd like to see what you come up with for a chorus. crit mine: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525360

dormob
02-15-2007, 01:06 AM
how do u make the bass that loud?!? When i have the bass volume at 16 i cant hear it over the guitars but in that song u can hear it perfectly

SomethingNew92
02-15-2007, 02:03 AM
i really like it! i love its intensity!
could you post a tab for it, i would love to play it.

Alucard II
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
that intro section is a fantastic piece of music. excellent composition! rest of it is good too, i'd love to hear where it goes from here
:cheers:

Pieceofmind019
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
wow that was really good and really remenisent of nevermore (God i love those guys). I cant really think of any thing you need to improve on from hear its pretty much shaping up to be a masterpeice.

Excellent so far. Cant wait to hear the finished product

Ryioku
02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Haha thanks everyone... I've been workin on it a little today... got somewhere, I added a chorus...

Just lemme know what you think of it now :)

Updated file in first post :peace:

Right before the chorus, on the MIDI, it sounds really weird... however on GP5 with RSE, or played for real, sounds completely fine.

As to the person who wanted tabs... I'm not even sure how to post tabs in a thread haha

guitar guy 6006
02-16-2007, 01:26 AM
definitely not my style of music but is still awesome, beginning reminds me of like middle eastern music, i dont if thats what your going for but it does, the distortiony part just came in i think its sounding pretty sweet so far, could maybe have a tiny bit more variation. OOH the part right after that is awesome sounding this is sounding really cool definitely better than most the like harder rocky-er metaly-ish kind of songs i see on here this is definitely unique, it will probably sound great recorded idk if its my guitar pro but it makes everything sound bad.. this whole song has a lot of variation its rad as hell

10/10

saddam
02-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Love the intro! The keyboards add a lot of atmosphere. The next riff clashes with the intro for some reason, it's cool though, but the transition from the intro to that riff wasn't too good. The riffs following are great on their own, but in the song they just don't seem to fit... . There are a lot of good ideas, but it just doesn't flow well... . 6/10

crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526435

grtz

Ryioku
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Love the intro! The keyboards add a lot of atmosphere. The next riff clashes with the intro for some reason, it's cool though, but the transition from the intro to that riff wasn't too good. The riffs following are great on their own, but in the song they just don't seem to fit... . There are a lot of good ideas, but it just doesn't flow well... . 6/10

crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526435

grtz

sure thing... I can't listen right now, as I am at school, but I'll get to it when i get home.

What would make the transition smoother? and make the riffs blend more? It seems fine to me, and they're all in the same key.

But, thanks. :peace:

siddyjain
02-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Dude....that main riff before the distortion came in sounds alot like the riff in Home - Dream Theater...
Other than that the part after the distortion comes in is awesome :D

I haven't posted mine up yet...but it'll be here in April
crit it then :peace:

buckethead_jr
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Sweet!
Love the intro, nice and simple but brought the necessary atmosphere for the latter part of the song.
The part where the lead guitar comes in was great, but i didn't really liked how you used the octave notes in bars 7-8. I would suggest making the interval smaller or make it a pinch harmonic or something? straight octaves just leave too much space to fill if used in a solo.
I think you're transitions are excellent, the whole song seems to flow very nicely.
The Main Riff: Amazing riff, everything is where it should be and it all works. I didn't really like how the bass was so loud there though, it's supposed to be a sort of rhythm instrument but it was almost acting like a lead one and quite outshadowed the riff, but not too much.
Harmonising the main riff just made it that much better, i loved that.
The Verse: Good riff, but sounds like there is something supposed to go on top of it, like vocals or something, is there going to be any?
I thought you're chord choice from bars 64-67 was excellent, they aren't too common and the fit in perfectly with the song.
The pre-verse: Musically, the best part of the song, both guitars playing different parts but complimenting each other beautifully. Didn't really like the chord on bar 75 though...sounded too diminished to be going along with the acoustic guitar, but it's one of these thing you'd need to hear on a real guitar to judge how it sounds, so i can't really comment.
Chorus & PreVerse: IMO, the best part of the song, nice harmonies, great riffs, the preverse especially have some "epic" quality about them, they were perfect.

I actually struggled to find these points as this piece was almost too good, and you've only been playing 10 months?!?!? I find that hard to believe due to the quality of this.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527510
:cheers:

walkinbazooka
02-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I really like it man. Very nice bass parts.
The drums sound good.
It's something that I would actually listen to which is, I think, a sign of good songwriting.

Crit fo crit? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527617