New Song (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : New Song (GP5)

Glenn4009
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys, was wondering if i could get your oppinions on this, its the first song or tab i've ever posted on here I just wrote it today. Still needs a little work done but this is the first/rough version. :) Thanks Guys

duncang
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
The first notes of bars 5-12 sound VERY dissonant. I suppose that's what you were going for?

Either way, I don't really like that much.

The riffs and melodies are pretty great, although it seems almost all of the song is that similar melody, and it gets a little dull since the repetition of a similar idea goes on for a while. Another small thing is the use of the Crash Cymbal 2 sound in the chorus, nothing awful, just that sound bugs me.

Click 'music' in my sig if you don't mind.

Glenn4009
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated mate:) I'll take the advice onboard for future songs :).
Peace

Pieceofmind019
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
The intro was cool it just seemed to kinda have to much stuff going on that didnt need to be going on (I dont know if that makes any sence but thats the best i can describe it as). The riffs were good but the just kinda seemed to be veriations upon themselfs but alot of bands were made famouse for that very concept so I dont know

Over all it was good but not great it needs some work and some veriations in the riffs 6/10