Final Fantasy Style Song [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Style Song [GP5]

The Powerslave
02-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Well its my first attempt at something that isnt just 2 guitars, bass and drums, so see what you think. The changes from the major bit to the minor bit and back again are a bit rough (the Change section), so if anyone has any suggestions for making that better I'd be grateful. I'd also like to know whether any sort of percussion should be included. I'll change to a MIDI or GP4 if anyone really wants it as well. If you want a crit for crit just leave a link or something in your post. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot the attachment.

prodantic
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
did u fancy givin us the link at all

Metallica708
02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
There isn't anything in your post...

>.<

Met-edit... Metalli-edit? Metal-Edit?

EDIT:

I liked it. I can imagine it in the credits of a final fantasy game.

Like you said, the changing bit is a little clunky... Maybe add in a few bars in-between, just to make the change smoother. The actual 'change' section is great though.

phantom1
02-16-2007, 12:11 PM
the 'change' part was amazing, seriously

ewanmac
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
wow thats brilliant. very FF your right

gallagher2006
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
It was quite good, but at the same time just a complete rip off of Aeriths theme and the prelude as well as the Lunatic Pandora thing from FF8, but all mashed together :haha

Sorry man can't say I really enjoyed it, but one bad crit out of 4 ain't bad eh?

piratepirate
02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
It was beautiful, but yeah like they've said, it did blatantly rip off a lot of FF themes rather than just being FF-esque. But well composed, I'll give you that.

The Powerslave
02-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah it is evident that I used a lot of Nobuo stuff, although I tried to make sure i didnt actually rip anything off completely, only used liberally. Nothing should be a direct copy I dont think.